Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Bowl

Wisky has to go for it.

All Pro
    Huge play by the Stanford D.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I have said it before...but Ball reminds me of Emmit Smith.Same kinda runner that doesn't go down.I would love to se Glennon in the first,Tavon Austin second, and Ball 3rd.
    I'll pass on this guy. (no pun intended(

Glennon has horrible footwork like Eli Manning,but he has a more than enough arm,height,accuracy.I like this kid and that school is the real qb...u.Rivers and Wilson are both starting right now.One thing you know with Glennon is he can throw down the field.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Glennon has horrible footwork like Eli Manning,but he has a more than enough arm,height,accuracy.I like this kid and that school is the real qb...u.Rivers and Wilson are both starting right now.One thing you know with Glennon is he can throw down the field.
    This is where I think he falls short and number 9 pick demands a safer prospect. I wouldn't mind taking QB in one of the other rounds.

I would draft either Mingo/Jones/OL in the first round and then draft Ball/QB in the second round

All League
    I wouldn't touch Ball until Round 4. Too many miles on his legs and needs a great oline to be productive. We already have Greene and Powell that can get us yards that are blocked for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I would draft either Mingo/Jones/OL in the first round and then draft Ball/QB in the second round
    There are plenty of RB's I'd rather have in the draft than Ball

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    There are plenty of RB's I'd rather have in the draft than Ball
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I wouldn't touch Ball until Round 4. Too many miles on his legs and needs a great oline to be productive. We already have Greene and Powell that can get us yards that are blocked for them.
    agreed.Too many miles in Ball

The back I love in this draft is Bernard out of North Carolina.

Such as?
    Giovani Bernard
    Joseph Randle
    Mike Gillislee
    Andre Ellington
    Stephan Taylor
    Jonathan Franklin
    Eddie Lacy

Giovani Bernard
    Joseph Randle
    Mike Gillislee
    Andre Ellington
    Stephan Taylor
    Jonathan Franklin
    Eddie Lacy
    Gillislee is a scat back that can be taken in the 3rd round and later

I think Lacy and Taylor are also products of dominant offensive lines.

If Randle comes out, I would take him over Ball.

I don't know if Franklin's going to be there for us.

I don't I would take Ellington over Ball.

Randle would be the only one I think would be there that I would take over Ball.

All League

Randle would be the only one I think would be there that I would take over Ball.
    You said that you would take Ball in the 2nd. With the Jets draft position, they could have their pick of any of those goes, outside of Bernrd maybe. If the Jets draft Montee Ball with the 9th pick of the 2nd round, it would anger me more than any early round pick within the last 5 years.

I'm assuming you made hits post with the assumption that Bernard wouldnt be available.

Even with our offensive line, I would still take Lacy & Taylor. Very big on Taylor.

I think Gillislee will be second in the 2nd or 3rd at latest. He reminds me alot of Demarco Murray.

And Ellington is much more explosive than Ball. Ellington = DeAngelo Williams 2.0. And DeAngelo was a very good back prior to his big payday.

The Wisky oline has been horrible this year and Ball has led them.Ohio St absolutely embarassed them with a dozen sacks.Ball is no oline product,he's a product of determined running.I would take Ball in the late first....but we are at number 9 and you go qb there.

I am serious without Ball...Wisky has 0 wins this year.He has led them in every single game,and their qb has been awful,just as bad as the Mich St qb.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think Jonathan Franklin would be a great back for the Jets. Should be a lot of movement with these backs between now and April.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am serious without Ball...Wisky has 0 wins this year.He has led them in every single game,and their qb has been awful,just as bad as the Mich St qb.
    Every time I've seen Montee Ball he has been tremendous!

I'm assuming you made hits post with the assumption that Bernard wouldnt be available.

Even with our offensive line, I would still take Lacy & Taylor. Very big on Taylor.

I think Gillislee will be second in the 2nd or 3rd at latest. He reminds me alot of Demarco Murray.

And Ellington is much more explosive than Ball. Ellington = DeAngelo Williams 2.0. And DeAngelo was a very good back prior to his big payday.
    I expect Bernard and Franklin to be off the board by the time we pick.

Looking at Gillislee's numbers this year, there were only 5 games where he had 20+ carries. Now if he splits them with Powell or Greene, that would be fine. But are we looking for one overall back or a tandem? Also Gillislee has not had much experience catching the ball which would help this offense.

The same can be said with Ellington, who only rushed for 100 yards+ in 3 games this year. Now that could be because Boyd took up some of his carries. His (Ellington) highest number of carries for the year is 25 twice. He has had experience catching the ball, so actually he might be closest to Ball in my book.

But if Joseph Randle comes out, I would take him.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't complain if the Jets took anybody from these two schools in the draft. They are incredibly well-coached football teams.