Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep Cromartie and Revis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if the NY Jets make the Playoffs next year, they will not win the SB.

It is the RINGS that determine proficiency in the NFL

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Even if the NY Jets make the Playoffs next year, they will not win the SB.

It is the RINGS that determine proficiency in the NFL
    So you're saying that since 2000 it has been just as good to be a Bills fan as it has to be an Eagles fan? Eagles have 8 winning seasons to the Bills 1 in that time frame but b/c the Eagles didn't win a Super Bowl that means the Bills and Eagles are similar in franchise proficiency?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    So you're saying that since 2000 it has been just as good to be a Bills fan as it has to be an Eagles fan? Eagles have 8 winning seasons to the Bills 1 in that time frame but b/c the Eagles didn't win a Super Bowl that means the Bills and Eagles are similar in franchise proficiency?
    Reid FIRED- NO RING

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reid FIRED- NO RING
    Ummm what does that have to do with how good a franchise has been or what team has been better to root for over the past dozen years? Basically what you said is that the only thing that matters is a ring inferring that if you don't win then you are no better then any of the other teams that didn't win a ring that year. So I asked whether you thought being a Bills fan the past 12 seasons has been just as good as being an Eagles fan. And your response was to say that Andy Reid got fired? Makes no sense. And btw Andy Reid got 14 years to win a SB, not 4.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I'm talking about adding 6 years after the 2013 season b/c Revis will agree to waive those years in order to get a new contract starting in 2014, so the extension is from 2014-2019. So the only difference in his 2013 contract would be the signing bonus that gets spread out from 2013-2019. Even though the signing bonus is for 2014 and beyond, it still gets spread out starting in 2013. So that would be $30 million over 7 years. $4.28 million per year. His 2013 contract does not get touched. He still would have a base salary of $3 million, pro-rated bonus of $3 million from his last contract and $3 million of additional bonuses that he is scheduled to receive in 2013. Then add the $4.28 million portion of his new contracts bonus. So his contract for 2013 would cost $4.28 million more then it is now but with the savings on Cromartie's contract it's a wash.
    He can waive those years, no problem with that. but you still have to account for the 18 mill in SB that he got in 2011 that is allocated 3mill a year. That 3mill for each year to 2016 has to be added. to any new amortization.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Not to rain on your parade here, but it just doesn't make sense to keep them both. Not with the rest of the team so depleted.
    I don't know where I stand on this. It's an extremely tough decision. Keep the best tandem in the NFL or break them apart to fill other holes. I mean it would depend what the Jets could get for either player. If they could get a 1st for Cromartie I would say absolutely. If they would trade Revis for a 1st and more picks I would also say absolutely.

It's a very very difficult decision though imo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm what does that have to do with how good a franchise has been or what team has been better to root for over the past dozen years? Basically what you said is that the only thing that matters is a ring inferring that if you don't win then you are no better then any of the other teams that didn't win a ring that year. So I asked whether you thought being a Bills fan the past 12 seasons has been just as good as being an Eagles fan. And your response was to say that Andy Reid got fired? Makes no sense. And btw Andy Reid got 14 years to win a SB, not 4.
    I bet Andy wanted a RING in PHI. I bet that the fans in PHI wanted him to get a RING too.

NO RING = NO JOB

If you could listen to Philly radio, there are reports stating that Reid was here two years too long at least.

When an NFL team does not win the SB, they fall into the 'Rest of the Pack' category. Like it or not most people only remember who won the SB. Not who lost the AFCCG

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He can waive those years, no problem with that. but you still have to account for the 18 mill in SB that he got in 2011 that is allocated 3mill a year. That 3mill for each year to 2016 has to be added. to any new amortization.
    I did.

He still would have a base salary of $3 million, pro-rated bonus of $3 million from his last contract and $3 million of additional bonuses that he is scheduled to receive in 2013. Then add the $4.28 million portion of his new contracts bonus.
    That's where I'm accounting for his portion of the signing bonus he got in 2011. That's straight from Jason's site. Believe me, what I said was right lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Andy wanted a RING in PHI. I bet that the fans in PHI wanted him to get a RING too.

NO RING = NO JOB

If you could listen to Philly radio, there are reports stating that Reid was here two years too long at least.

When an NFL team does not win the SB, they fall into the 'Rest of the Pack' category. Like it or not most people only remember who won the SB. Not who lost the AFCCG
    Again, that's not the point. Answer this, over the last 12 years would you rather have been a Bills fan or Eagles fan? If you were an Eagles fan do you think the Eagles have been more successful then the Bills and vice versa if you were a Bills fan if you could would you trade your last 12 years history with the Eagles last 12 years worth of history would you? I think they would say yes on both accounts. Especially since I know a good amount of Bills fans, most of whom were jealous of us getting to two straight Championship games, even though we lost. It's not black & white, it's not Super Bowl or bust. The Jets aren't the Yankees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did.

That's where I'm accounting for his portion of the signing bonus he got in 2011. That's straight from Jason's site. Believe me, what I said was right lol.

Sorry reading comprehension issue. I read it that the 4.28 was the cap hit, now I understand that you add it to the 9 mill he is already on the cap for so the new hit will he 13.28 mill in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on board with this strategy. CB1 and CB2 are turning into premium positions in a passing league, good corners are harder to come by than people think. somebody in another thread brought up the idea of moving wilson to FS which I think could be a prudent move. the jets do have berry signed for next season and I think lankster/trufant are capable nickle and dime backs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sorry reading comprehension issue. I read it that the 4.28 was the cap hit, now I understand that you add it to the 9 mill he is already on the cap for so the new hit will he 13.28 mill in 2013.
    Exactly. No problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, that's not the point. Answer this, over the last 12 years would you rather have been a Bills fan or Eagles fan? If you were an Eagles fan do you think the Eagles have been more successful then the Bills and vice versa if you were a Bills fan if you could would you trade your last 12 years history with the Eagles last 12 years worth of history would you? I think they would say yes on both accounts. Especially since I know a good amount of Bills fans, most of whom were jealous of us getting to two straight Championship games, even though we lost. It's not black & white, it's not Super Bowl or bust. The Jets aren't the Yankees.
    That may be how non SB winners think. SB winners think differently

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that prorating money can only happen over 5 years regardless of the length of the deal. So prorating 30 million in 2013 is going to cost 6 million a year from 2013-2017 and 0 dollars in 2018 and 2019. This is why almost every new contract does not extend beyond 5 years right now. Id be surprised if Revis would sign for 12 million a year even after injury.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Remember that prorating money can only happen over 5 years regardless of the length of the deal. So prorating 30 million in 2013 is going to cost 6 million a year from 2013-2017 and 0 dollars in 2018 and 2019. This is why almost every new contract does not extend beyond 5 years right now. Id be surprised if Revis would sign for 12 million a year even after injury.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. It's good to know.