Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quinton Coples - Year 1 review

Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    J.J. Watt only had 5.5 sacks last year, playing a similar role to what Q played this year. Coples' year 2 leap after a full offseason could be off the charts.
    Let's keep our expectations and comparisons in check, though. Can't get too high on a guy after 1 season. Gotta see if he can elevate and keep his play consistent for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    J.J. Watt only had 5.5 sacks last year, playing a similar role to what Q played this year. Coples' year 2 leap after a full offseason could be off the charts.
    I could actually see Coples making that leap. He has that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GangGreen28 View Post
    Alot of people have jones going early, honestly i'd prefer mingo if it came down to the 2.. how about you?
    Jones vs Mingo? Jones, he's more polished. Good draft for a pass rushers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I could actually see Coples making that leap. He has that ability.
    Agreed. Imagine if we replenished our LB core and switched to a 4-3 where QC would be freed up.......Madre de Dios.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Jones vs Mingo? Jones, he's more polished. Good draft for a pass rushers anyway.
    I agree that Jones is more polished, definitely the more complete player but in terms of potential and physical gifts I like mingo.. honestly i'd take either but i havn't seen enough film to make a fair judgement of both of them

Jets Insider VIP
    A successful first pick. I think with a full offseason with Dunbar still on board and with Ellis Wilk Coples and Davis getting some help on the front seven by additions in the draft FA or elsewhere and subtractions of molasses deadwood such as Scott Thomas Pace Pouha and the return of Revis and departure of Smith in the backfield, the 2013 defense could see some major improvement over 2012
    Last edited by sg3; 01-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.

can't say the jets should use the 9 pick on a lb. maybe they should trade down and get a later first plus a third or fourth and then go for oline/qb/receiver. of course victor cruz is a free agent (maybe restricted) and he might be worth pursuing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    can't say the jets should use the 9 pick on a lb. maybe they should trade down and get a later first plus a third or fourth and then go for oline/qb/receiver. of course victor cruz is a free agent (maybe restricted) and he might be worth pursuing.
    I still Take Te'o or Jones if one where to slide to #9 .. I still believe in the best player available motto

All Pro
    Worth noting that Coples led the Jets in sacks with 5.5 ... Wilkerson was second with 5. That's one third of our sacks from the past two years' 1st round picks.

Too bad no-one else amounted to much, especially our OLB's.

Please draft Dion Jordon and not Mingo.No production with that speed and ability,spells BUST

Love the pick, I am very happy with how well he played in limited time and the fact that he actually led the team in sacks his rookie year. Mo's rookie year was much less promising and he has developed into one of the top 3-4 DEs in the league.

Ellis is still the biggest ? on the team but I'm thinking our front line is going to be ridiculously good in another year or two!

Considering Mingo's speed and physical gifts, his production was not good. He has a very slight frame, and has trouble getting off blocks.Would take, Jones, Jordon, and Moore over him

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Succesful pick. I also think Stephen Hill will end up being a very good WR as long his surgery is succesful.
    Are they transplanting a new set of hands?

Veteran
    I would say promising would best describe his rookie season.