Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quinton Coples - Year 1 review

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought his rookie year was better than Wilk's. Considering Wilk's performance this year, I'm very excited about what the future holds for Coples. Now if only he could stop with the facemasks when he sacks the QB...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you can teach unrelenting motor ... But I love what I see from this kid so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    he had 5.5 sacks and 5 stuffs playing new positions and in limited action this year. if we can finally add that rush LB this season, a guy who can play in space and get pressure off the edge, we will have the start of a beastly front 7 and team defense. the reason the jets can't get a lot of big stops on third down is because they rely to much on manufacturing their pressure instead of being able to rush 4 and get to the QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ! I had no idea what Ingram did this year until now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    I thought his rookie year was better than Wilk's. Considering Wilk's performance this year, I'm very excited about what the future holds for Coples. Now if only he could stop with the facemasks when he sacks the QB...
    Agree, very excited about these two at DE for years to come.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Lucas said he was Vernon Gholston 2.0.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schien said he was a "Rex Ryan ego pick" and he picked him based on a work out......this pick was crucified....."they said this guy was a dog at UNC he took games off instead of plays off"......say what you want about Rex but the man knows his defense...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And to their credit both have admitted that they were wrong about Coples but would still like to see more.

Can't judge a player after one year. Good or bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Serious question. Do the Jets have any approval rights or sayso over staffing at SNYs pre and post and shows like Jet Nation on SNY?

I know the baseball teams both do

If so PLEASE WOODY give the Slimy Scheinball and Ray Lucas the heave ho and start 2013 fresh with Custler Klecko and ANYBODY ELSE

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex knows one thing it's defensive linemen. I was very unsure about this pick but so far so good.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q just needs to play more. Do those sack numbers include the ones that got flagged for unnecessary roughness?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thing is though, people look at sacks and thinks that the indicator of if a lineman is good or not. People tend to think 3-4 DEs aren't that good because they don't have high sack numbers. Guys like Wilk and Coples would've thrived in 4-3 systems and had 10 sacks (Wilk yes, Coples maybe)

But what I want to see is beyond the numbers. Run stuffing ability (What Wilk does so amazingly) I want to see that from Coples. He got better as the year went on and I want to see him continue that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Succesful pick. I also think Stephen Hill will end up being a very good WR as long his surgery is succesful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Mingo, Jordan or Ansah should be there at 9, Jets will finally get that ace pass rusher since Abe.
    Alot of people have jones going early, honestly i'd prefer mingo if it came down to the 2.. how about you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the 1st round DEs (limiting it to the 1st round since I'm too lazy to check the stats of all DEs in the draft), QC (30 Tackles/5.5 Sacks) only trails Chandler Jones (45 Tackles/6 Sacks).

Considering how little QC got to play, I'm pretty happy with his production. QC DA BESS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Serious question. Do the Jets have any approval rights or sayso over staffing at SNYs pre and post and shows like Jet Nation on SNY?

I know the baseball teams both do

If so PLEASE WOODY give the Slimy Scheinball and Ray Lucas the heave ho and start 2013 fresh with Custler Klecko and ANYBODY ELSE
    I would like to see Chad Pennington on there someone with actual football knowledge and doesn't spew verbal diarrhea just to hear themselves talk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And to their credit both have admitted that they were wrong about Coples but would still like to see more.

Can't judge a player after one year. Good or bad.
    Unless your Ray Lucas who judges players before they take an NFL snap...like he said Kyle Wilson will eat Wes Welkers lunch for him before he played a single snap LMFAO!!!!!!! How can you be an analyst a get things wrong 90% of the time? I would be fired at my job if I was wrong that much...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    Q just needs to play more. Do those sack numbers include the ones that got flagged for unnecessary roughness?
    Oh, almost forgot that. QC REALLY needs to learn to tame his inner hulk. Needs to hang out and learn under LARON SMASH who had some issues early in the season with being to ferocious and getting flagged. LaRon figured it out and tamed his beast while still managing to WHIP DEY ASS.

Just rookie growing pains, I suspect.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    J.J. Watt only had 5.5 sacks last year, playing a similar role to what Q played this year. Coples' year 2 leap after a full offseason could be off the charts.