Thread: Ball

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ball

what are peoples thoughts on montee ball. is he a first rounder or do you think maybe (we) could get him in early second round.

if he is a first i dont think i would go for him but lets say he is projected late(r) first. would you try to maybe trade down and get more picks and if he was available say around (13-17) would you go for him then.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Montee Ball = Curtis Martin

He is projected second or third round. Of course the draft projections will change drastically depending on how fast these guys run in combine. I would love for the jets to draft him. The more I watch him the more he reminds me of Curtis Martin. Between his size, his vision, the way he cuts he is scary good. I going to try to post a video but I have never done it before so I don't know if it will work.

http://youtu.be/iKdSQr8yPkI

http://youtu.be/iKdSQr8yPkI
    Last edited by DRNYJETS; 01-17-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fear this thread will be taking a little trip.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the few college football players I got to watch a lot of last year (my buddy's a huge Wisc fan).

The Curtis Martin comparisons are definitely realistic, he follows his blockers and while he lacks incredible top end speed, he has that quick, explosive burst and can really hit the holes well. His vision and patience are probably his best traits, he doesn't run into the back of his linemen like Greene, and he always seems to find the right seam to turn the play into a winner. I'd be down with going for him in the second if we were able to fashion another second round pick by either trading down or trading a player, but otherwise I really want to see us go OLB/G in the first two rounds seeing as they are much more prominent needs and how you can get very good RB value in the later rounds (i.e. Marcus Lattimore)