Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rex's "I'm Better Off Fired" Line was a Dogwhistle to other potential HC's

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    iksnay on the odecay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He strategically let this out to the media for other Head Coach candidates to hear, to let it be known that the offensive problems were Tanny's but especially Woody's for not shoring up the offense with better players. It's hard to argue that the offensive players were mostly completely offensive and there had to be some backroom machinations for that to have happened - beyond Rex's control.

So he's dogwhistling to other coaches warning them to reconsider an offer Woody (or new GM might make) because they won't have anything to work with either. Sounds like he's fighting for his job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Holy over think.

Rex isn't that smart. Even if he was, why would he then make such a big fuss over his conversation with Mehta?
    Of course he would vehemently protest it. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "He doth protest too much".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lad...much,_methinks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the blame does primarily fall on tannenbaum... rex has always said he wants the identity of this team to be a team that relies on its defense and running game to win. tannenbaum did a terrible job especially in finding talent in the running game... hunter and ducasse were epic failures, lack of talent at RB, the lack of any blocking TE's for a supposed run first offense, etc. IMO this team needs to find it's identity on offense and build a roster to fit that strategy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He strategically let this out to the media for other Head Coach candidates to hear, to let it be known that the offensive problems were Tanny's but especially Woody's for not shoring up the offense with better players. It's hard to argue that the offensive players were mostly completely offensive and there had to be some backroom machinations for that to have happened - beyond Rex's control.

So he's dogwhistling to other coaches warning them to reconsider an offer Woody (or new GM might make) because they won't have anything to work with either. Sounds like he's fighting for his job.
    This thread is useless without pics

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Rex has less power than my 3 year old. The excuses about how he's just a victim are humorous. People bend over backwards to even say he was forced to say some of the things he said like someone was holding a gun to his head. Face it, the guy is part of the decision making process if not the majority of it.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Whoa.
    Nice hat - fedora, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Nice hat - fedora, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I guess Rex has less power than my 3 year old. The excuses about how he's just a victim are humorous. People bend over backwards to even say he was forced to say some of the things he said like someone was holding a gun to his head. Face it, the guy is part of the decision making process if not the majority of it.
    Face it. You are a useless chowd.troll. Nobody gives a hoot what you think say or do. Get lost

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I did lol; I swear.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I think if that were true he would already have been fired. I think Woody at first thought he would seek his input on the GM decision and made that public and then the recruiting firm probably advised against it, and then REx's press conference was cancelled.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Face it. You are a useless chowd.troll. Nobody gives a hoot what you think say or do. Get lost
    This post is full of win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Typical SOJF response. Woody is far from perfect, but he is not cheap. If he was why would he hire such a highly regarded law firm help him hire a new gm. I mean wake up!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure how what I said is SOJF (which I'm clearly not). How would you characterize an owner that furloughs the people who help run his organization when the economy goes sideways? Surely their salaries are pennies to a guy like that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post

LOL.

My Wife the Tramp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're onto something.

Or on something.

POSSIBLY.

Or not. Its an enigma wrapped in a riddle, with puzzle filling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might believe this, but I lost my tin foil hat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    The biggest circus in town is right here at JI.com. This is a wonderful place to enjoy the absurdity of the average Jets fan. I rarely post anymore, what's the use? But I do enjoy reading all the rants - better than anything the media can come up with! Please keep it up, the entertainment value is worth the price of admission.
    LOL, OP's post is classic. He probably believes what he is posting.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks be to Dummy Johnson
    Rex took a Dump, there for the Jets will be better next year!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    The biggest circus in town is right here at JI.com. This is a wonderful place to enjoy the absurdity of the average Jets fan. I rarely post anymore, what's the use? But I do enjoy reading all the rants - better than anything the media can come up with! Please keep it up, the entertainment value is worth the price of admission.
    +1 LOL