Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silence is telling!!

Silence is telling!!

The more the hours go by with none of the coaching staff fired it is obvious Woody does not want firing Rex on his hands.. Especially because I believe he genuinely loves the guy..

Whatever GM they hire will bring in his staff..

It's in stone..

I can't imagine it being any other way...

woody doesnt have the balls to fire rex ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    The more the hours go by with none of the coaching staff fired it is obvious Woody does not want firing Rex on his hands.. Especially because I believe he genuinely loves the guy..

It's in stone..

interesting theory, especially since he hired a consulting firm to find a new gm. part of the advice he may have received was that if he really wanted to instill professionalism and credibility to the franchise, he'd have to let the new gm hire his own coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    woody doesnt have the balls to fire rex ryan.
    So? Many bosses don't have the balls to fire people. They let assistants do it or them.

Veteran

It's in stone..

It's called boycotting the media for all the trash and bs they perpetuated the whole year. They don't have to speak to them until Friday, certainly won't be doing them any favors.

Rex isn't getting fired.

The silence is nothing more than shutting the circus down. Woody has a GM search to complete. The media doesn't have anything to do with, nor do they deserve the details of that search.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Rex isn't getting fired.

The silence is nothing more than shutting the circus down. Woody has a GM search to complete. The media doesn't have anything to do with, nor do they deserve the details of that search.
    The media is just angry because they didn't get a chance to crucify or grill anybody.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The media is just angry because they didn't get a chance to crucify or grill anybody.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Rex isn't getting fired.

This is not wishful thinking..

It is too logical..

The Jets are not punishing the media.. ANd since when have they ever been shy of it??

Rex didn't give his end of season presser..

They are hiring a new GM..

He is outta here..

The only way he stays is if a GM comes and likes Rex and wants to work with him...

Otherwise he is a memory!!

Banned
    My gut feeling is Rex is going to be fired by the new GM.

Have there been any updates on if/when Woody is interviewing these GM candidates? WFAN said Heckert is coming in today, but there's been no word on the others.

The Jets owe the media nothing. They want their pile of flesh and if Woody wanted Rex gone believe me he would have been gone. Depending on what happens with players this year Rex is on probation. If he has another really bad year with changes in players than you can bet he will be shown the door

This is not wishful thinking..

It is too logical..

The Jets are not punishing the media.. ANd since when have they ever been shy of it??

Rex didn't give his end of season presser..

They are hiring a new GM..

He is outta here..

The only way he stays is if a GM comes and likes Rex and wants to work with him...

Otherwise he is a memory!!
    Since when is being too logical a bad thing?

Only on JI.

Silence isn't quite as telling as much as the sweet sound of Caribbean music is...

Mehta doesn't know where Ryan is now. We didn't, either, until a tipster wrote in:

My parents (we're all jets fans) were apparently on the same flight as him out of Newark Airport this a.m. and saw him and his wife in the baggage area waiting for bags in the Bahamas. People went up and said hi to them and he confirmed he was Rex. He was wearing a Jets/Titans throwback coat.

My parents are staying at The Cove Atlantis [A swanky-looking resort]. After they got their bags, there was a car waiting outside from that hotel. My dad asked if they were there to pick him up and driver responded "Are you Mr. Ryan?"
    http://deadspin.com/5972566/relax-ev...ium=socialflow

Jets Insider VIP
    Why wouldn't Woody's statement on Monday say something like, "Our search for a GM takes priority now, and further decisions on football operations, coaches and players will be made following the GM position being filled."

Instead, Woody puts clear support behind Rex, saying, "I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team."

That wasn't a "we'll see if Rex stays after the new GM gets here" statement. It was a strong endorsement basically saying that Rex is the right guy...he's talented, driven and passionate and can be successful leading the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Why wouldn't Woody's statement on Monday say something like, "Our search for a GM takes priority now, and further decisions on football operations, coaches and players will be made following the GM position being filled."

Instead, Woody puts clear support behind Rex, saying, "I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team."

That wasn't a "we'll see if Rex stays after the new GM gets here" statement. It was a strong endorsement basically saying that Rex is the right guy...he's talented, driven and passionate and can be successful leading the Jets.
    Exactly... Rex is absolutely back. The question is whether the new GM believes in him enough to give him the typical 3 years or if he's just doing a 1 and done.

Rex has proven he's a good coach. Bad coaches dont' make it to two AFC champ games with a garbage QB no less.

The idea is to get a good coach and just keep trying to get the players he needs... Changing **** around for the sake of doing it is stupid.

No one wants to listen if it's the opposite of what they want to hear.

The media and the fans are making something out of nothing, as they have all year.

Rex needs to be fired because the SOJF's have decided he needs to be fired. And as we all know, they are the ones making the decisions. They know the team best... not the professionals in charge.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Per @GregAiello, there is no rule that requires a head coach to speak within a week after the season ends. Will continue checking though

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Per @GregAiello, there is no rule that requires a head coach to speak within a week after the season ends. Will continue checking though

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

Unreal.

Manish needs to take a 5 year vacation on Mars.

LOL

Unreal.

Manish needs to take a 5 year vacation on Mars.
    Could you say EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!