Thread: Pennsylvania Governor to sue NCAA over Penn State sanctions

Pennsylvania Governor to sue NCAA over Penn State sanctions

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tate-sanctions

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Gov. Tom Corbett said Tuesday he plans to sue the NCAA in federal court over stiff sanctions imposed against Penn State University in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Dump.

With everything that's going on with the Jets we really need more of this Sandusky nonsense?

Oh, by the way, we all have Twitter. You are turning into Kelly II. Go attend some classes, your grades are going to suffer son.

SAR.

"This was a criminal matter, not a violation of NCAA rules," Corbett said, calling the NCAA sanctions "overreaching and unlawful."

Sandusky, former defensive coordinator for Penn State's football team, was convicted in June of 45 counts of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years, some in the team's showers. He was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.

In July, the NCAA fined Penn State $60 million and voided its football victories for the past 14 seasons in an unprecedented rebuke for the school's failure to stop Sandusky's sexual abuse of children.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9010EX20130102

As a Penn State fan i hope he wins, but i am not optimistic. I think everyone at the school that was involved in covering up the indicents should go to jail for a long time however the sanctions were way over the top. Penn State did not violate NCAA rules it violated moral/US Laws and for that the individuals involved should pay the highest price. You want to punish the football program as well, fine, but the extent of the punishment was off the charts.

Veteran
    Wow, when you thought you've seen or read it all there is another mind boggling story.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    As a Penn State fan i hope he wins, but i am not optimistic.
    You should be. He's going to win.

NCAA over-reached outside it's role and jurisdiction. And the Courts will back that up in the end.

At the very least, not a penny of State money (i.e. the fine) will be spent outside PA. That I can all but guarantee.

isnt this jets/nfl section of the forum.

dump

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    isnt this jets/nfl section of the forum.

dump
    Doesn't stop there being college game threads from being posted here, soo...

But, if it's such a big deal, then I request a moderator move the thread.