Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NIU Vs Florida State

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not sure if he will be there in 2nd round. And IMO 9th overall is a reach.
    He's projected at 29th before the game. Jets could trade up from second round or trade down and get an extra pick. I'm not saying we get him but if evaluation shows he is good then we could get a guy like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well that's game.
    Agreed. Another thing....with the clock stopping on every first down, these college games are running way too long. Games are lasting 4+ hours. Tough to take for those of us on the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Agreed. Another thing....with the clock stopping on every first down, these college games are running way too long. Games are lasting 4+ hours. Tough to take for those of us on the East Coast.
    Halftime of these games are ridiculously long, Super Bowl halftime is quicker

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He's projected at 29th before the game. Jets could trade up from second round or trade down and get an extra pick. I'm not saying we get him but if evaluation shows he is good then we could get a guy like him.
    So my opinion was pretty accurate. I expect him to have a strong Sr Bowl and combine. His stock will rise and some team will take him between 10-20. Ponder went 12th overall.

If he somehow doesn't improve his stock and falls to us I wouldn't be upset with him as a 2nd rounder. I am not sure how I feel about us trading back up to get him. We need all he picks we can get IMO and I certainly do not want to trade down and take him in first.

Jets Insider VIP
    So my opinion was pretty accurate. I expect him to have a strong Sr Bowl and combine. His stock will rise and some team will take him between 10-20. Ponder went 12th overall.

If he somehow doesn't improve his stock and falls to us I wouldn't be upset with him as a 2nd rounder. I am not sure how I feel about us trading back up to get him. We need all he picks we can get IMO and I certainly do not want to trade down and take him in first.
    Yeah we need a lot of picks. But we need a QB 6'5 240 lbs with his skills might be worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well that's game.
    Not so fast.

Hall Of Fame
    Not so fast.
    LOL.

This guy is coaching like a man with nothing to lose.

Veteran
    I am sick of these announcers saying how big of an upset this will be. NIU Is ranked 15th for a reason. I don't care they are 14pt dogs.

Veteran
    Game is in Fla and the building is empty.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL.

This guy is coaching like a man with nothing to lose.
    Sanchez just showed up

All League
    Florida State has an unreal stable of running backs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Florida State has an unreal stable of running backs.
    And yet Jimbo keeps passing.

They need to start running the ball.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I am sick of these announcers saying how big of an upset this will be. NIU Is ranked 15th for a reason. I don't care they are 14pt dogs.
    They've been bashed for weeks since getting a bcs bid.

I knew it would be close, and had hopes (which are alive) NIU could steal this game. That said this is definitely a Cinderella story ala Boise St vs Oklahoma a few years back in the fiesta.

Ej Manuel sucks not sure why anyone would want to draft him Fsu fans hate him

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Yes we do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Let's see he's played 4 years of HS ball with all kinds of honors from day 1. Two, he's been in 3 bowls games before this one, including 2010 MVP. Ideal physical attributes, runs like a dear, very strong arm, very instinctive player.

You're right why would somebody want him

Let's see he's played 4 years of HS ball with all kinds of honors from day 1. Two, he's been in 3 bowls games before this one, including 2010 MVP. Ideal physical attributes, runs like a dear, very strong arm, very instinctive player.

There is not one QB in this draft I want before round 3. This is a weak weak weak draft class for QB's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    There is not one QB in this draft I want before round 3. This is a weak weak weak draft class for QB's.
    Gotcha, but are you watching this game. Manuel just ran in for a QB sneak 10 yards out.Kid is raw (reading defenses) but playing football since he was 5 years old. QB since HS. I like what i see in him.

Who says we have to agree ; after all you and Ikey are formidable opponents.

Did you see the Florida game? You know, the most important game of the year for FSU?

Singlehandedly lost the game for us. He's an extremely disappointing player, and a bowl game against Northern Illinois (who gives a ****) isn't going to change our opinion of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Did you see the Florida game? You know, the most important game of the year for FSU?

Singlehandedly lost the game for us. He's an extremely disappointing player, and a bowl game against Northern Illinois (who gives a ****) isn't going to change our opinion of him.
    No I'm watching him here for the first time and he is having a very good game so far.

I guess if you judge Sanchez on Indy game and 1st NE game you could make a case for him also.