Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NIU Vs Florida State

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    There is not one QB in this draft I want before round 3. This is a weak weak weak draft class for QB's.
    Agreed. I watched Glennon for the first time. Saw him make some nice throws and get in a nice rhythm. Then he randomly started forcing throws into double coverage and throwing off his back foot.

Im good with another Sanchez year. Maybe he can lead us to Clowney.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No I'm watching him here for the first time and he is having a very good game so far.

I guess if you judge Sanchez on Indy game and 1st NE game you could make a case for him also.
    I've been watching him for 4 years, and I can't imagine having to put up with another 4 if he were drafted by the Jets. He's not bad. He's very physically talented. He makes some great plays on occasion. But he's sooo inconsistent; and he's the same player now that he was 3 years ago. You'd have to look really hard to find any improvement at all.

cash those FSU -9.5 (-115) 2nd half tickets

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i think i want EJ Manuel in jets green next year.
    +1

Big, athletic, mobile, can keep the play alive and will be available in 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He's projected at 29th before the game. Jets could trade up from second round or trade down and get an extra pick. I'm not saying we get him but if evaluation shows he is good then we could get a guy like him.
    I think Manuel falls to the 2nd round b/c of the same bullsh_t people on this thread are saying. "He's just a great athlete" - when was the last time the NY Jets had a great athlete at QB? Yeah, exactly.

Watched him play every game of his career. He is not an NFL QB. He was missing wide open receivers during the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Watched him play every game of his career. He is not an NFL QB. He was missing wide open receivers during the game.
    +1000000. I haven't watched his as much as you, but have watched him enough to see that I would pass on him all together.

He looks like a superstar QB, but he does not have NFL accuracy. It will be up to the new GM to determine if his lack of accuracy is something that can be fixed. If it can be, he reminds me of a Randall Cunningham type QB. Big kid, athletic, fast, strong, big arm. If you were building a prototypical QB, EJ Manuel would be what you would come up with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I've been watching him for 4 years, and I can't imagine having to put up with another 4 if he were drafted by the Jets. He's not bad. He's very physically talented. He makes some great plays on occasion. But he's sooo inconsistent; and he's the same player now that he was 3 years ago. You'd have to look really hard to find any improvement at all.
    Thanks for the civil reply. I didn't realize the guy had any issues. I was judging him for the first time.

Next candidate please.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He looks like a superstar QB, but he does not have NFL accuracy. It will be up to the new GM to determine if his lack of accuracy is something that can be fixed. If it can be, he reminds me of a Randall Cunningham type QB. Big kid, athletic, fast, strong, big arm. If you were building a prototypical QB, EJ Manuel would be what you would come up with.
    We all thought that when he was replacing Ponder. I go to FSU and worked for the football team for a semester. Its hard to rag on him because he is a great guy and a very hard worker. He has a Pennington arm (post- surgery) with less accuracy. Pretty awful pocket presence as well. He single handily lost the UF game this year. Had a Sanchez line of something like 4 or 5 turnovers. With that said he is a winner. He has won 4 straight bowl games and hasn't thrown a pick in any of them. He had a pretty solid college career but didn't live up to his hype.

Jets Insider VIP
    We all thought that when he was replacing Ponder. I go to FSU and worked for the football team for a semester. Its hard to rag on him because he is a great guy and a very hard worker. He has a Pennington arm (post- surgery) with less accuracy. Pretty awful pocket presence as well. He single handily lost the UF game this year. Had a Sanchez line of something like 4 or 5 turnovers. With that said he is a winner. He has won 4 straight bowl games and hasn't thrown a pick in any of them. He had a pretty solid college career but didn't live up to his hype.
    His arm looked a lot better than Pennington's last night. He threw a few darts with a excellent quick release from a 6'6' height. Maybe the arm healed.

Not knowing any history he looked great.

Hall Of Fame
    I think people see his size and athletic ability and assume he has a strong arm, and that is not the case. To make things worse, he hasnt shown to be accurate which is a bad sign.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think people see his size and athletic ability and assume he has a strong arm, and that is not the case. To make things worse, he hasnt shown to be accurate which is a bad sign.
    I think accuracy is the number one criteria for our next QB.