Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here are the two OC's would like the Jets to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Schotty wasn't gone until mid to late January. I'm not worried
    Agreed.. I wouldnt look to far into the "why hasnt Sparano been fired yet" issue.. The dude's done.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Gailey should be considered, but I question his utilization of CJ Spiller, one of the most dangerous offensive players but didn't get nearly enough touches.
    He is not a 6'2 220 pound back that needs to grind the ball to get his plays. Johnson was nearly ruined in the quest for 2k years. Now yes Spiller was sat in a few games this year that the Bills lost like 50-10. I can't blame them for that. When you start the season getting blown out 3 or your 1st 5 games you know your not making the POs. They gave Jackson the BOD early on can't blame them for that either he was a monster last year. Choice really looked good in a few games this year. Underused maybe but they where still a top 5 run game this year. Not sure how much good anther 5-10 touches would have done them. They where already in the bottom ten in passing attempts. It isn't like the Lions, Zona, Dallas, or Eagles where is was dead obvious one sided.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Gailey should be considered, but I question his utilization of CJ Spiller, one of the most dangerous offensive players but didn't get nearly enough touches.
    I am in the Buffalo area and listen to Buffalo sports talk shows often. Chan was asked during an interview why Spiller was on the bench and Jackson was in the game when Spiller was averaging 7.5 yds per carry and Jackson was at 3.5. Chan's answer....wait now...was "because it was Fred's turn to play". This is who we want to run our offense. Didn't matter who was hot running the ball, it was a matter of who's turn it was. You can only guess how that went over with the Bills fans when they herd that. The more you hear this man in an interview the more stupid he is. Say no to Chan.

They can't possibly F this one up, can they? They did manage to hire the only OC who could possibly make B Schott look good. With our luck, they'll hire Chan Gailey or reach out to David Shula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Schotty wasn't gone until mid to late January. I'm not worried
    Why not? that is why you ended up with Sparano. You were late to the table.

To the posters worried about sporano stilly having his job, it's likely because the organization wants to hire a GM first to help them decide on an OC (especially since the new GM can't hire his own HC).

I'm not criticizing people's opinions on here but why are so many people in favor of chan gaily?? He had tools on his offense that he didn't use well at all, saying it was Fred's turn to run and that's why he sat the young explosive spiller? Just shows that over-loyal mentality that we already have enough of with another coach on our roster, cough cough. I'm in for norv as an OC and would even take a look at cam Cameron, I just want someone who has the ability to develop young QB's

I wouldn't have a huge problem with Sparano staying so that doesn't bother me too much. It was clear that we have a garbage QB and the offensive line/running game was clearly improved.

If we are firing Sparano which is what it looks like, then Norv and Gailey would be two guys I would like.

Not as big a fan of Whisenhunt.

Mark Trestman of Montreal or Jeff Tedford formerly from Cal if Norv Turner is not available. Not sure about whisenhunt, they cards were udner whelming when they had a non hall of fame Qb running the show.