Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need to get good at Madden 2013 fast

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Drink one beer per quarter. Got it.

See now this is the kind of advice I was looking for.

Keep us posted on your progress.
    If you're planning to use the Jets you might have some problems scoring points. But if they don't adjust the roster for injuries (I think they do) you should dare him to throw at Cro or Revis.

Then again he can just kill you over the middle with his TE, or kill you slowly with slants or dump off passes. A lot depends on who he is going to use against you.

If he picks New England you should disown him, or at least smoke all of his pot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Drink one beer per quarter. Got it.

See now this is the kind of advice I was looking for.
    Your son is a minor, right?

Tell him it's about time he act like a man and both of you will chug a beer per quarter. He'll be kicking your ass in the first half but will be hammer after that and you will have a big comeback.

Sure... it's irresponsible...

... and moronic...

and actually criminal.

But you will win the bet.
    Last edited by crossfire; 01-02-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Your son is a minor, right?

Tell him it's about time he act like a man and both of you will chug a beer per quarter. He'll be kicking your ass in the first half but will be hammer after that and you will have a big comeback.

Sure... it's irresponsible...

... and moronic...

and actually criminal.

But you will win the bet.

Now that's an interesting wrinkle I haven't thought of.

There is no sure fire way of getting good fast, but I have a Youtube channel that helps people get better at the game. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/themaddenlab If you like, please subscribe

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I do OK vs. my kids (9 & 11) who are gamers AND sports fans, but don't know a whole lot about football playcalling/etc. yet - OK, mind you - I win occasionally.

You should be able to do OK on offense by calling your plays (or at least choosing from the 3 madden-chosen plays) instead of letting the AI call them (which is confusing as hell at first). Hit the right hole on running plays, follow your blocks, look for cut-back lanes, etc. - all the things you'd do in the real game. Kids that don't know 'real football' usually start running everything outside, no matter where they're designed to go, and throw mostly deep balls. Use this to your advantage on D - pick the fastest DE you can (no pass-coverage responsibilities) and mostly control him - or control the strong side DE if they're roughly equivalent - then rush the passer on passing plays (long passes = slow developing) and seal the edge on running plays.

Also - try to convince him to give you a team edge - you play all time all stars, he plays Jets

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by dse2010 View Post
    There is no sure fire way of getting good fast, but I have a Youtube channel that helps people get better at the game. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/themaddenlab If you like, please subscribe
    Nice! Will do.

All Pro
    2 options

1) if this is the same kid whose "stuff" you found last year put it back and make sure he finds it before the match

2) have one of your jobs (old, new, whatevs) call during the tilt

Jets Insider VIP
    Got inebriated at the New Years Eve gathering, told my 16 year old son that I'd whoop him in Madden 2013. Mistake, possibly.

Him: XBOX whiz, typically "completes" games within a day or so (Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 1 and 2, Halo Reach all on hardest levels). He says completing games like Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 3 and Portal 2 were "simple" to complete on the hardest levels. Played 2 years of football very young, but quit and is not a big sports fan -- spends most of his time playing drums in his band and acting like he's not banging his girlfriends under my roof. Knows the XBOX controller like it's part of his body.

Me: Huge sports fan, played football and every other sport until my body broke. I find anything more than a PacMan joystick to be far too confusing.

XBOX advantage: The boy (huge)
    Football knowledge advantage: Me (huge)

The point: What is the shortest path to becoming good at Madden 2013/XBOX as fast as possible? I was somehow able to get into the game, but didn't see any "tutorials" or "practice modes" like you see in other games.

Help me, dooshes.

Thanks.
    Set the options to all Madden pretend you're playing. Let the computer do everything. Take batteries out of remote be animated