Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need to get good at Madden 2013 fast

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    You think you can handle finding and choosing the play followed by hiking the ball and moving your QB into position to then press the correct button to throw to your RB and successfully meander him up field?
    Dude, in 1985 I used to sell my in-progress Asteroids games for a few bucks at Pappalardo's Pizza Cove with like 50 free ships lined up because I was so friggin awesome at the game. And I was a semi-beast in HS football.

All the necessary ingredients are in place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Dude, in 1985 I used to sell my in-progress Asteroids games for a few bucks at Pappalardo's Pizza Cove with like 50 free ships lined up because I was so friggin awesome at the game. And I was a semi-beast in HS football.

All the necessary ingredients are in place.
    Hahahaha. God people your age are so precious. The sheer number of buttons is going to blow your mind. I think you're only hope is to get him and you really really high and level the playing field like a sloppy Jets Dolphins game in a hurricane.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is one and only one thing that someone needs to excel at Madden: Know how to use google. Go to YouTube and you can find loads of videos where people display the plays they have found that are next to unstoppable. I personally don't like at, but your kid doesn't need to know.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahaha. God people your age are so precious. The sheer number of buttons is going to blow your mind. I think you're only hope is to get him and you really really high and level the playing field like a sloppy Jets Dolphins game in a hurricane.
    I am making it my mission to become awesome at Madden. Then I am going to challenge you at Madden online. Then I am going to destroy you. Then you are going to buy the first round at Saratoga opening day 2013. And I'm getting the expensive beer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am making it my mission to become awesome at Madden. Then I am going to challenge you at Madden online. Then I am going to destroy you. Then you are going to buy the first round at Saratoga opening day 2013. And I'm getting the expensive beer.
    Hahaha... done done and done.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're screwed. Unless you've played Madden regularly since the dawn of time, you don't have a chance.

I bailed from that franchise around Madden '10. Plus I never see you add anything to the Video Game Thread so LOLGFY

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get your old job back?

And, always go for it on 4th down, no matter the distance. Thou shall not punt.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

And, always go for it on 4th down, no matter the distance
    +1

Especially Fourth and fourteen.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back when I was a young'un, I played a bit of Madden.

On such short notice my advice is to nail down 10 plays on offense and defense. Meaning:

- Knowing where they are in the menu so you don't lose time in the selection process
    - Pulling them off

Don't try learning ALL the moves. Nail down 1 or 2: juke and dive (or whatever).

But yer basically fooked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won't respect you until you beat him at a first person shooter.

Join a gaming clan, practice 3-4 hours a night for 2-3 years, then challenge him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can sortof remember 1982 being really great at Frogger when coke ruled by life.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice these 3x per day for a few months...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This will end badly... I need to know the results. Like now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got inebriated at the New Years Eve gathering, told my 16 year old son that I'd whoop him in Madden 2013. Mistake, possibly.

Him: XBOX whiz, typically "completes" games within a day or so (Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 1 and 2, Halo Reach all on hardest levels). He says completing games like Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 3 and Portal 2 were "simple" to complete on the hardest levels. Played 2 years of football very young, but quit and is not a big sports fan -- spends most of his time playing drums in his band and acting like he's not banging his girlfriends under my roof. Knows the XBOX controller like it's part of his body.

Me: Huge sports fan, played football and every other sport until my body broke. I find anything more than a PacMan joystick to be far too confusing.

XBOX advantage: The boy (huge)
    Football knowledge advantage: Me (huge)

The point: What is the shortest path to becoming good at Madden 2013/XBOX as fast as possible? I was somehow able to get into the game, but didn't see any "tutorials" or "practice modes" like you see in other games.

Help me, dooshes.

Thanks.
    organized console sports? What kind of parent are you?

In the future stay with TECMO bowl and refrain from referring to the controller as a "joystick", Grand pa.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Mods please move to JT's Friday night out warm-up thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    coke ruled by life.
    4 Litre a day habit, I'll wager.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please move to JT's Friday night out warm-up thread.
    How dare you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTwO3EamQRI

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    4 Litre a day habit, I'll wager.

-
    When I wore a younger man's clothes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bear with me as this is an attempt at a completely serious post.

I used to play Madden with a regular group of guys I had met online when Madden first went live with online play, which was back in 2003.
    We were all proponents of playing the game the way it was meant to be played, as straight/simulation type of game as possible. That meant no bs running up the score, or going for it on every single 4th and long, etc.

When you play online long enough you can pretty much tell who is going to respect their opponent, and who is going to go full douchebag and run up the score on you.

If you want a taste of what you're going to get, then by all means go online and play any random dude, more times than not they will most likely 'cheese' the **** out of you with garbage plays and using every single exploit to their advantage.

But I digress. Find a playbook that fits your play style and learn it. Also very importable to pick a set of plays to audible to when someone looks like they are showing run but you think they will pass, etc.

If I still had this game I would love to play against of you guys, but I gave up Madden because it lent itself to drinking very heavily during games, which made it a lot of fun, but I paid the price the next day. I used to average drinking a beer per quarter if I recall correctly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Bear with me as this is an attempt at a completely serious post.

I used to play Madden with a regular group of guys I had met online when Madden first went live with online play, which was back in 2003.
    We were all proponents of playing the game the way it was meant to be played, as straight/simulation type of game as possible. That meant no bs running up the score, or going for it on every single 4th and long, etc.

When you play online long enough you can pretty much tell who is going to respect their opponent, and who is going to go full douchebag and run up the score on you.

If you want a taste of what you're going to get, then by all means go online and play any random dude, more times than not they will most likely 'cheese' the **** out of you with garbage plays and using every single exploit to their advantage.

But I digress. Find a playbook that fits your play style and learn it. Also very importable to pick a set of plays to audible to when someone looks like they are showing run but you think they will pass, etc.

If I still had this game I would love to play against of you guys, but I gave up Madden because it lent itself to drinking very heavily during games, which made it a lot of fun, but I paid the price the next day. I used to average drinking a beer per quarter if I recall correctly.
    Drink one beer per quarter. Got it.

See now this is the kind of advice I was looking for.