Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need to get good at Madden 2013 fast

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    And your moves.
    We should really make a spread and take bets on this madden showdown. I think a solid opening line is around sayyyy... shakin jr laying 45 points.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best piece of advice.

Don't play as the Jets.

Play as the Patriots or Broncos or any team with a very good QB. Then hike the ball and throw it to B receiver everytime. Pretty much your only shot.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    We should really make a spread and take bets on this madden showdown. I think a solid opening line is around sayyyy... shakin jr laying 45 points.
    I really think I'm going to beat him. We were going through the 9,000 button options in the opening screens and he was like "wtf is 'strafe'", "wtf is 'hot route'", "wtf is audible'" etc. I was like "oh yeahhh...." Then I was like "wtf is Right Bumper" and he was like "LOLLOL"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I really think I'm going to beat him. We were going through the 9,000 button options in the opening screens and he was like "wtf is 'strafe'", "wtf is 'hot route'", "wtf is audible'" etc. I was like "oh yeahhh...." Then I was like "wtf is Right Bumper" and he was like "LOLLOL"
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jr -48.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're so ****ed. I mean... I don't even know where to begin. Just shake your cane and pretend it didn't happen.
    LOL...Awesome

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I hate Madden games for the very reason that could be your saving grace. The best thing you can do is leave a lot of work to the AI. What I mean by that is... when you throw a deep ball let your receiver catch it for you. When your son throws a deep ball let your corner cover it. Don't switch to those guys. Only tackle after the fact and try not to dive for every tackle.. in fact you're probably better off never diving. Football knowledge should at least help you get into and out of nickel defenses vs blitzes and goal line etc at the proper times which should help. As far as basic buttons and how to play I think you can youtube that or find a tutorial in the game or online.
    Excellent advice, let the computer play it for you, also in running plays, let the computer run don't touch any buttons.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Excellent advice, let the computer play it for you, also in running plays, let the computer run don't touch any buttons.
    This I can do. Dare I say, this I can do very well.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got inebriated at the New Years Eve gathering, told my 16 year old son that I'd whoop him in Madden 2013. Mistake, possibly.

Him: XBOX whiz, typically "completes" games within a day or so (Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 1 and 2, Halo Reach all on hardest levels). He says completing games like Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 3 and Portal 2 were "simple" to complete on the hardest levels. Played 2 years of football very young, but quit and is not a big sports fan -- spends most of his time playing drums in his band and acting like he's not banging his girlfriends under my roof. Knows the XBOX controller like it's part of his body.

Me: Huge sports fan, played football and every other sport until my body broke. I find anything more than a PacMan joystick to be far too confusing.

XBOX advantage: The boy (huge)
    Football knowledge advantage: Me (huge)

The point: What is the shortest path to becoming good at Madden 2013/XBOX as fast as possible? I was somehow able to get into the game, but didn't see any "tutorials" or "practice modes" like you see in other games.

Help me, dooshes.

Thanks.
    Well, by now you've looked into the abyss and realized how hopeless it is.

And, yes, renting him his own apartment is the only way to save face.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This I can do. Dare I say, this I can do very well.
    Good luck
    Where's Badniss?
    I got Shakin Jr 35 - 3

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    STEP ONE:

Hire a Korn Ferry XBOX Consultant.
    LOL

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, pickles don't black out. And I pickled myself before you were out of diapers.

Now hit me with a Madden tip. Just one.
    It's not your knowledge; it's your meathooks, Ralph.

H-O-P-E-L-E-S-S

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knowing is half the battle.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Well, by now you've looked into the abyss and realized how hopeless it is.

And, yes, renting him his own apartment is the only way to save face.
    He's never gonna leave the house. He has the biggest bedroom in my house (by far), it's huge, it's upstairs and I let his band practice up there whenever they want. The hooch I intercept from his friends at the door keeps me pretty soused. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jr -48.
    +1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tip 1: When you are throwing the ball, hold down the button of the intended receiver to zip the ball in. To throw a lob pass, tap the button instead.

Tip 2: RB screen passes are your friend. Use them as such. Considering Jr doesn't know much about football, there is the chance he blitzes nearly all the time
    Last edited by Jetsfan95; 01-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Tip 1: When you are throwing the ball, hold down the button of the intended receiver to zip the ball in. To throw a lob pass, tap the button instead.

Tip 2: RB screen passes are your friend. Use them as such. Considering Jr doesn't know much about football, there is the chance he blitzes nearly all the time
    I've never heard of you before, but I'll never forget you now. This is gold.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of you before, but I'll never forget you now. This is gold.
    You think you can handle finding and choosing the play followed by hiking the ball and moving your QB into position to then press the correct button to throw to your RB and successfully meander him up field?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think you can handle finding and choosing the play followed by hiking the ball and moving your QB into position to then press the correct button to throw to your RB and successfully meander him up field?
    +1