Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Cleveland Browns GM Tom Heckert pursued by Jets

Former Cleveland Browns GM Tom Heckert pursued by Jets

Yes, because Cleveland has really been stock-piling talent over the years. Smart move.

Former Cleveland Browns GM Tom Heckert pursued by Jets* wow I botched that title. is it possible to fix this title?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, because Cleveland has really been stock-piling talent over the years. Smart move.
    agreed, terrible idea to even consider this guy. I want Marc Ross or Gamble as of now.

Jets Insider VIP
    They actually have a pretty nice roster. No one particularly flashy, other than T-Rich and Haden, but a lot of hidden gems. Heckert's not my first choice, but i'll take him in a heartbeat over Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    They actually have a pretty nice roster. No one particularly flashy, other than T-Rich and Haden, but a lot of hidden gems. Heckert's not my first choice, but i'll take him in a heartbeat over Cohen.
    A few guys here and there, but no one special aside from T-Rich, Haden, Gordon, and MAYBE Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    agreed, terrible idea to even consider this guy. I want Marc Ross or Gamble as of now.
    Same. Only way it could be any worse is if we hired the guy that traded for Tebow last year.........oh wait, we fired him.

while they have a decent team, it's no question that I'd rather have Ross. They consistently hit on picks all while drafting from the bottom of drafts. Imagine what he'd do with higher picks. Seems like every player they draft contributes.

This might be a non story for the sole reason that all signs point that he will join Reid with the Cardinals.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

A few guys here and there, but no one special aside from T-Rich, Haden, Gordon, and MAYBE Weeden.

Same. Only way it could be any worse is if we hired the guy that traded for Tebow last year.........oh wait, we fired him.

Yeah! But wouldn't it be just like the Jets to hire Mr.T back w a 5 yearn, extention at twice his salary after we just fired him.

Also seems like Marc Ross will go to the Panthers. Damn

where are you seeing this? Link?

If we land Gamble, I'm fine with that. Still not sure how much of a sure-thing Ross2Carolina is.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    where are you seeing this? Link?
    I misinterpreted what I read, however he WAS given the ok to interview with both teams. Definitely will be a GM this year. Last year seemed to be the favorite to be the Bears GM but stayed with the Giants.

I do think he will end up a Panther but who knows. They have a much more promising team than we do and plus I think the Panthers want him more than the Jets want him.

I misinterpreted what I read, however he WAS given the ok to interview with both teams. Definitely will be a GM this year. Last year seemed to be the favorite to be the Bears GM but stayed with the Giants.

I do think he will end up a Panther but who knows. They have a much more promising team than we do and plus I think the Panthers want him more than the Jets want him.
    Panthers really aren't all that. Cry Baby Scam is a huge ***** and Steve Smith is old.

On the other hand, LOL JEST.

i see. I knew about the interest from the Panthers, you made it sound like it was a foregone conclusion that Ross was on his way there. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gamble is drawing interest from the Jags and the Chargers too.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    i see. I knew about the interest from the Panthers, you made it sound like it was a foregone conclusion that Ross was on his way there. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gamble is drawing interest from the Jags and the Chargers too.
    Yea, I'd say we'd be the favorite over those two. Jags are forever 2-14, and the Chargers are....the Chargers. With a competent GM to garner some talent, the Jets can actually be a solid team.

But, I'm sure that's just the homer in me talking.

The chargers are an enticing team. I will be upset if we miss out on both Gamble and Ross.

All Pro
    Yea, I'd say we'd be the favorite over those two. Jags are forever 2-14, and the Chargers are....the Chargers. With a competent GM to garner some talent, the Jets can actually be a solid team.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/...-tomsula-49ers

Shad Khan is telling GM candidates they can bring their own coach with them. Tom Gamble's guy seems to be Jim Tomsula.

We're all homers on some level. lol

The Chargers are a threat to land Gamble...he wouldn't have to uproot his family and he'd have the opportunity to bring in his own guy to be the HC.
    Last edited by dustykeller; 01-01-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/...-tomsula-49ers

Shad Khan is telling GM candidates they can bring their own coach with them. Tom Gamble's guy seems to be Jim Tomsula.
    Shad Khan also wants Tebow. He's a meddling son of a *****, and I'm sure Gamble doesn't want that. Also, isn't Gamble from NY? Could be enticing to come back home.