Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Fiscal Cliff" Deal Done, and Passed. Obama to Sign

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I love our political system. Democrats overwhelmingly voted to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Republicans overwhelmingly voted to let them expire. Democrats and Republicans in the first bipartisan moment both agreed to delay all spending cuts.
    Why are we talking about taxes? Is that what this whole manufactured "fiscal cliff" was all about? Taxes?

Those "new" taxes will generate about 60 billion dollars more in revenue in 2013, but we are going to spend over 1 trillion dollars. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Everyone in Congress should be thrown in jail, but who cares, right? Obama got his political victory. Back to Hawaii.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    (D) got almost every single thing they wanted
    Nonsense.

There will be a broad deal with the new Congress on the debt ceiling with enough modest cuts for everyone to get a small loaf.
    I'll bet you not a single Govt. Agency faces an actual CUT of even a single dollar. Forgive me pulling out the old Warhorse, but a 7% increase instead of an 8% increase is not a cut in spending. It's a 7% increase in spending.

I'l Both Banier and McConnell are willing to make a deal and freeze out the Tea Party wing of the party. This is good news all around.
    If increased overall deficit and increased debt-backed spending is good news, you're right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    Why are we talking about taxes? Is that what this whole manufactured "fiscal cliff" was all about? Taxes?

Those "new" taxes will generate about 60 billion dollars more in revenue in 2013, but we are going to spend over 1 trillion dollars. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Everyone in Congress should be thrown in jail, but who cares, right? Obama got his political victory. Back to Hawaii.
    The public wants government spending and they don't want to pay for it. Our politicians aren't as tone deaf as you seem to think.

Fiscal responsability would require much higher taxes all around and fiscal restraint. That's not what the public wants if they did they would have let the Bush tax cuts expire and the sequester take place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I'll bet you not a single Govt. Agency faces an actual CUT of even a single dollar. Forgive me pulling out the old Warhorse, but a 7% increase instead of an 8% increase is not a cut in spending. It's a 7% increase in spending.

If increased overall deficit and increased debt-backed spending is good news, you're right.
    Yes it is good news. That's exactly what's required at the moment and what these guys were elected to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is good news. That's exactly what's required at the moment and what these guys were elected to do.
    Ok.

I'll agree to disagree then that a larger deficit and increased debt-backed-spending is good news.

At least you're honest. Good on you for that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The public wants government spending and they don't want to pay for it. Our politicians aren't as tone deaf as you seem to think.

Fiscal responsability would require much higher taxes all around and fiscal restraint. That's not what the public wants if they did they would have let the Bush tax cuts expire and the sequester take place.
    Wow, let me see if I got this straight.

We have three entitlement programs--- Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security--- that CANNOT be funded by annual tax revenue. So we borrow the money. And every year, the debt grows larger and larger. The trajectory has us inevitably hitting a critical mass.

Along comes the affirmative action boy wonder editor of the harvard law review who blows through almost a trillion dollars ostensibly for some "stimulus" (yeah, right ). The money of course is pissed away taking care of democrat constituents ie unions, green energy scams, road repairs that repair nothing et al.

The boy wonder simultaneously expands Medicaid, so it includes EVERYONE.

What part of broke don't these jackasses (Obama is a primary virus but he's not the only one causing the incurable infection) understand?

OK, so correct me if I'm wrong, here's where we are at and where we are going....

The criminal pigs in WAshington DC (that would be the Executive, legislative, and judicial branch, and all the worthless trough slopping beauracrats/ do nothing federal employees) know all this and don't care. They will just continue to jack up taxes, borrow more and more, keep spending until the whole ****house goes up in flames.

You know I saw this in a movie, once.

Goodfellas.

And just so we're clear on tax revenues. You can tax every private sector worker 100% of their income, and you still won't be able to finance the public sector, and you certainly will NEVER be able to pay the debt off.

And if you do that (or by the time the criminals in Congress eventually get around to doing it AND THEY WILL) it will debase the currency to the point it is worthless. Which incidentally, is already in the process of happening.

What else can the do? Let's see... oh yeah, they can confiscate 401K's. Yup. That's on Obastard's itinerary.

So this is it, huh? The end I guess.

But hey, Barry got his attaboy for the piss stream media so all is well. Back to Hawaii for the boy king. HOORAY!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    Wow, let me see if I got this straight.

We have three entitlement programs--- Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security--- that CANNOT be funded by annual tax revenue. So we borrow the money. And every year, the debt grows larger and larger. The trajectory has us inevitably hitting a critical mass.

Along comes the affirmative action boy wonder editor of the harvard law review who blows through almost a trillion dollars ostensibly for some "stimulus" (yeah, right ). The money of course is pissed away taking care of democrat constituents ie unions, green energy scams, road repairs that repair nothing et al.

The boy wonder simultaneously expands Medicaid, so it includes EVERYONE.

What part of broke don't these jackasses (Obama is a primary virus but he's not the only one causing the incurable infection) understand?

OK, so correct me if I'm wrong, here's where we are at and where we are going....

The criminal pigs in WAshington DC (that would be the Executive, legislative, and judicial branch, and all the worthless trough slopping beauracrats/ do nothing federal employees) know all this and don't care. They will just continue to jack up taxes, borrow more and more, keep spending until the whole ****house goes up in flames.

You know I saw this in a movie, once.

Goodfellas.

And just so we're clear on tax revenues. You can tax every private sector worker 100% of their income, and you still won't be able to finance the public sector, and you certainly will NEVER be able to pay the debt off.

And if you do that (or by the time the criminals in Congress eventually get around to doing it AND THEY WILL) it will debase the currency to the point it is worthless. Which incidentally, is already in the process of happening.

What else can the do? Let's see... oh yeah, they can confiscate 401K's. Yup. That's on Obastard's itinerary.

So this is it, huh? The end I guess.

But hey, Barry got his attaboy for the piss stream media so all is well. Back to Hawaii for the boy king. HOORAY!
    As terrible a president as i think Obama has been, this has been happening under both parties for more than a decade. The republicans will get another chance (and fail yet again) when they vote on whether or not to raise the debt ceiling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    As terrible a president as i think Obama has been, this has been happening under both parties for more than a decade. The republicans will get another chance (and fail yet again) when they vote on whether or not to raise the debt ceiling.
    It's been happening since WWII. Barry just speeded things up, that's all.

And now it's over. The jig's up.

We'll continue to spend money we don't have, that we can't pay back, and incrementally raise taxes to tap the plebes out, first.

They will go to loot 401K's eventually, but by then they will be worthless anyway.

I don't think people really realize what the hell is going down.

Our government has no intention of slowing down or stopping spending, in fact, it's going to increase spending.

And we're broke.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no spending cuts, yjere is a doubling down on STUPID as in Democrats and Republicans. So far as I am concerned this country is done and BTW the Obamacare taxes haven't kicked in. The only ones happy are the bloodsuckers of society and everyone knows who they are. The welfare and the other bottom dwellers!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Members of the Senate received the 154-page bill only three minutes before voting on it, not enough time to actually read it. The bill is full of pork unrelated to fixing the fiscal cliff. It contains $59 million for algae growers, in order to encourage the production of environmentally correct biofuel. Electric motorcycle manufacturers are given a $4 million green energy tax credit, and there is a wind tax credit for $12.1 billion. $430 million is awarded to Hollywood producers to expense up to $15 million of their project costs. Another $70 million in pork is designated for NASCAR, and a rum tax subsidy for Puerto Rican rum makers.

http://townhall.com/columnists/rache...eases-n1478225

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...rum-producers/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJcI...layer_embedded