Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Melvin Ingram had 1 Sack This Season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why is there a 3 page thread on a san diego charger player?
    Well, there is so much Jet info going out there right now.

"Hey, did you hear the Jets are looking for a new GM?"
    "No, really? I hope they get the SF guy."
    "Me too"
    "OK. Anything else?"
    "Ummm, Rex isn't allowed to talk."
    "Hmmm, OK."

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    4-3 Looks
    LE: Clowney,
    Nose: Ellis
    DT: Wilkerson
    RE: Coples

3-4 Looks:
    LE: Wilkerson
    DT: Ellis
    RE: Coples
    LOLB: Clowney

^ Top 3 defensive line for the next 10 years ^

If this could happen then I would be loving Rex Ryan as our head coach for the next few years. Even if the team itself was awful (which it probably will be until QB gets ironed out,) watching that Defensive line would be worth the price of my tickets.

I remember a few yrs back someone making an interesting thread on super units, which this idea kinda follows. It may have been on TGG, so forgive me if none of you regulars remember it.

It would be sick to have a front 7 like that, assuming everyone plays to his potential. Is Clowney gonna drop to 9 though?

If not, I'd be happy w/ that monster guard and then find an OLB in Rd 2. I still think the D needs a good amount of work and it'll make relying on turning around the offense that much less significant. Though obviously it is the biggest need.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    To be fair weren't you clamoring to sign Mario Williams to a big contract?
    Yes I wanted the Jets to cut Mark Sanchez and sign Mario, who had 10.5 sacks this season, with the cap room. I also supported the Coples pick from day 1 even when the media and most Jets fans laughed at Rex and Tanny for passing on Ingram.

Ya got me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    5.5 sacks is hardly something to be proud of as a 1st round pick. and his job was to rush the QB not to tie guys up. he's not even a starter. so lets all calm down, this guy isnt exactly jj watt in the making..everybody likes to think that because he's not as bad as gholston was
    Nope you're wrong. DE in a 3-4 scheme primary job is to occupy blockers so the LBs can fill gaps and make plays. 5.5 sacks for a 3-4 Defensive Linemen is actually pretty good. Is he JJ Watt? No but I'd settle for Quinton Coples.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Can you imagine the sh+tshow if Ingram had shown ANYTHING as a pass rusher this season? OMFG the media would be create a new channel bashing Rex.
    Ingram is lucky he isnt on the Jets. Man he would be labeled a BUST quicker than Dewayne Robertson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Ingram is lucky he isnt on the Jets. Man he would be labeled a BUST quicker than Dewayne Robertson.
    Coples had a way better season than Ingram and clearly showed potential. But hey who tha hell am I Mike Fatcessco said Coples had a "fair season". So what would be a good rookie season for Coples 12 sacks and 120 tackles as an interior linemen?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ingram is a little undersized and has no wingspan. I think the only pass rusher with his body type that's ever been succesful is James Harrison who is a fluke - like saying every 5'10 QB is going to be Russell Wilson. Kudos to Rex and even Tanny for taking a break from defending the Tebow trade and actually making a good move passing up Ingram for Coples.
    Dumervil too.

Am glad that the Jets picked Coples. He's vindicated the high pick. Jets DL looks aewsome going forward. If Ellis and Damon Harrison pan out watch out world. Just need a demon passrushimg OLB or 2 in the draft and Jets D will be lethal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5.5 sacks is hardly something to be proud of as a 1st round pick. and his job was to rush the QB not to tie guys up. he's not even a starter. so lets all calm down, this guy isnt exactly jj watt in the making..everybody likes to think that because he's not as bad as gholston was

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope you're wrong. DE in a 3-4 scheme primary job is to occupy blockers so the LBs can fill gaps and make plays. 5.5 sacks for a 3-4 Defensive Linemen is actually pretty good. Is he JJ Watt? No but I'd settle for Quinton Coples.
    he doesn't play in the typical 3-4, thats why he's a backup. devito does that, he ties guys up, he plays the run. coples comes in on obvious passing downs to rush the QB. if he would be able to get 5.5 sacks in a limited role without even trying to get sacks he could have had watt type numbers if he started 16 games and actually tried to get to the QB. so lets be real here for a second.

and yes he was solid in the 2nd half of the season and hopefully he can become a full time starter next year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    For the record, Watt had 5.5 sacks in his rookie season as well -- same as Coples.
    Thanks for correcting the ingrate. He's really making himself look foolish

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    For the record, Watt had 5.5 sacks in his rookie season as well -- same as Coples.
    michael clayton had better numbers than jerry rice in his rookie season. guess how that worked out for him. one guy is in the hall of fame and the other one is cleaning cars and lives in his mothers basement

its so dumb to compare numbers. he cant even crack the starting lineup and you're trying to compare him to arguably the best DE in football? because they both had 5.5 sacks in their rookie season? and for the record, watt wasnt anything special in his rookie season. he was a decent starter, thats all. the jump he made in his second season was because of HIM, not because its something everybody does. you act like everybody with those ****ty numbers will likely become a watt type player in their 2nd season because watt did it so i guess everyone else just needs to match those rookie numbers in order to get 20 sacks the next year

on track my ass. he's a backup, stuck behind mike "barney grubble" devito. if he does become a full time starter next year and if he does produce 10+ sacks i'll eat some crow. but right now he's a backup with 5 sacks who was invisible except for the 2nd part of the season. before trying to compare him to watt we should pray he comes even close to what Mo is. after all he had better stats in his rookie season

NFLMath doesnt work

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he doesn't play in the typical 3-4, thats why he's a backup. devito does that, he ties guys up, he plays the run. coples comes in on obvious passing downs to rush the QB.
    I saw Coples make a lot of plays against the run this season. He's an everydown player.