Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melvin Ingram had 1 Sack This Season

Melvin Ingram had 1 Sack This Season

Still mad we passed him up for Quinton Coples?

Haven't watched enough of the Chargers to know if the stats are telling the full story. For all I know, it could be a similar situation to Coples where he didn't play much or and was getting doubled constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Haven't watched enough of the Chargers to know if the stats are telling the full story. For all I know, it could be a similar situation to Coples where he didn't play much or and was getting doubled constantly.
    Somehow Coples managed to get almost 6X as many sacks as the incredible Melvin Ingram. And Coples primary job was occupying blockers as a 3-4 D-lineman.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-02-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Somehow Coples managed to get almost 6X as many sacks as the incredible Melvin Ingram. And Coples primary job was occupying blockers as a 3-4 D-lineman.
    Coples is impressive, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering what the specific circumstances for Ingram were.

Coples is impressive, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering what the specific circumstances for Ingram were.
    The circumstances is he's not that good. He's Bryan Thomas and that's an optimistic appraisal. He had 1 good preseason game against GB were I suppose they forget to setup blocking schemes and the next 2 months all you could hear about was how Melvin Ingram was Lawrence Taylor 2.0 and Coples was exhibit A as to why Rex is the worst coach ever.

Practice Squad
    The circumstances is he's not that good. He's Bryan Thomas and that's an optimistic appraisal. He had 1 good preseason game against GB were I suppose they forget to setup blocking schemes and the next 2 months all you could hear about was how Melvin Ingram was Lawrence Taylor 2.0 and Coples was exhibit A as to why Rex is the worst coach ever.
    Thats unfair to say, can you imagine how optimistic Jets fans would be if Gholston got 1 sack in his first season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GangGreen28 View Post
    Thats unfair to say, can you imagine how optimistic Jets fans would be if Gholston got 1 sack in his first season?
    Can you imagine the sh+tshow if Ingram had shown ANYTHING as a pass rusher this season? OMFG the media would be create a new channel bashing Rex.

Can you imagine the sh+tshow if Ingram had shown ANYTHING as a pass rusher this season? OMFG the media would be create a new channel bashing Rex.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't wanna bash the guy when I haven't even really seen him play.

Looking at NFL.com stats, Ingram actually only has .5 sacks and 24 tackles. Wow. I know stats don't always tell all, but that's not so hot for a guy that was very high-profile coming into the draft.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't wanna bash the guy when I haven't even really seen him play.

Looking at NFL.com stats, Ingram actually only has .5 sacks and 24 tackles. Wow. I know stats don't always tell all, but that's not so hot for a guy that was very high-profile coming into the draft.
    Ingram is a little undersized and has no wingspan. I think the only pass rusher with his body type that's ever been succesful is James Harrison who is a fluke - like saying every 5'10 QB is going to be Russell Wilson. Kudos to Rex and even Tanny for taking a break from defending the Tebow trade and actually making a good move passing up Ingram for Coples.

Ingram is a little undersized and has no wingspan. I think the only pass rusher with his body type that's ever been succesful is James Harrison who is a fluke - like saying every 5'10 QB is going to be Russell Wilson. Kudos to Rex and even Tanny for taking a break from defending the Tebow trade and actually making a good move passing up Ingram for Coples.
    Agreed. Very good pick.

Now if only QC would get those disgusting brands removed from his arms....

Agreed. Very good pick.

Now if only QC would get those disgusting brands removed from his arms....

Geez those brands must have hurt. I have never seen brands so big and with the scar tissue elevated like that.

Geez those brands must have hurt. I have never seen brands so big and with the scar tissue elevated like that.
    They look like they're going to burst.

All Pro
    Fcking A.

Half thinking about doing some MAJOR necro-threading here for all dem Ingram lovers. "WHAT, COPLES ZOMG..."

fck the Knicks, go Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    fck the Knicks, go Clippers
    Awesome. When did u become a clippers fan like 5 minutes ago?

Oh yea, I'm sure you have Danny Manning and Michael Olowokandi jerseys to prove your lifelong loyalty.

Awesome. When did u become a clippers fan like 5 minutes ago?

Oh yea, I'm sure you have Danny Manning and Michael Olowokandi jerseys to prove your lifelong loyalty.
    2001, thanks

since you are a Knicks fan don't you wish James Dolan bought the Jets back in 2000?

since you are a Knicks fan don't you wish James Dolan bought the Jets back in 2000?
    Lakers-Knicks in the Finals. Sorry.

2001, thanks
    Oh wow you showed me. I soooo don't think you jumped on the clips bandwagon this season.

Rockets-Knicks in the Finals. Sorry.

MY BODY IS READY.