Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Melvin Ingram had 1 Sack This Season

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post


    MY BODY IS READY.
    Jeremy Lin vs New York in the Finals? That would be Disney/ABC's wet dream come true. The ratings in CONUS would be great but overseas it would be through the roof nuts.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jeremy Lin vs New York in the Finals? That would be Disney/ABC's wet dream come true. The ratings in CONUS would be great but overseas it would be through the roof nuts.
    Would be all the more great when James HardenThePaint goes off and drops a big 37 on 'em. Linvisibility would need to quit trying for the 3 for that to ever happen doe, lol.

    But, for real doe. James HardenThePaint, C-PAR 25, Carlos Del3no, 2Pat, Linsanity, and Omer Asskick? Oh, we got dis.

    #NotGonnaHappen

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,405
    Am I right in thinking that Coples actually LED THE JETS in sacks this year?

    Coples 5.5
    Wilkerson 5.0
    McIntyre 3.5
    Pace 3.0
    Harris 3.0
    Scott 2.5
    Thomas 2.5
    Pouha / DeVito / Allen / Lankster / Bell all on 1

    That accounts for 30, with one third of those coming from our last two #1 picks. Our OLB's only put up 8.5 between them though.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,738
    If Coples sucked this year you would be saying it was too early to judge.

    Therefore it is too early to judge. Good or bad.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Coples sucked this year you would be saying it was too early to judge.

    Therefore it is too early to judge. Good or bad.

    I think we an all agree that he is better than gholston though, right?

  6. #26
    Wasn't Coples having endurance problems in camp? I remember it being said a few times that he complained about all the playing time he was getting. Maybe that's why he wasn't played more this season?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Still mad we passed him up for Quinton Coples?
    Anyone know how many Jones had with NE?

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,738
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I think we an all agree that he is better than gholston though, right?
    Absolutely.

    I think Coples will be a fine player.

  9. #29
    It's too early to tell for sure, but it's possible people were right about him. Players with short arms like his have a hard time succeeding in the NFL.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Anyone know how many Jones had with NE?
    6.0 I think. He also had limitations on playing time due to injury, if I recall correctly. Not sure how it balances up vs. Coples.

  11. #31
    I am happy to admit I was wrong on this one

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    after around 4 games the league figured out that Jones was a one trick pony, ran directly at him and he more or less disappeared from the face of the earth for the rest of the season and probably the rest of his career

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    after around 4 games the league figured out that Jones was a one trick pony, ran directly at him and he more or less disappeared from the face of the earth for the rest of the season and probably the rest of his career
    You're just inviting the trolls in with this one, mate.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    better that than more NBA talk, no?

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    and then there are the facts about Jones which I stated


    you noticed that the very same chowd trolls you just mentioned were all over JI for the first four weeks declaring that Jones was the surefire DROY and a probable HOFer and thank god they drafted him while the Jets got stuck with another bust in Coples.... etc etc etc


    Then he disappeared from sight and strangely, the Jones HOFer DROY blubbering and trolling came to a crashing end, too

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    better that than more NBA talk, no?
    James "Da Beard" Harden is going to pretend like you didn't just expose yourself as entirely fictional.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,738
    DROY is Luke Kuechley. It's not even close.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,065
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    DROY is Luke Kuechley. It's not even close.
    this

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and then there are the facts about Jones which I stated


    you noticed that the very same chowd trolls you just mentioned were all over JI for the first four weeks declaring that Jones was the surefire DROY and a probable HOFer and thank god they drafted him while the Jets got stuck with another bust in Coples.... etc etc etc


    Then he disappeared from sight and strangely, the Jones HOFer DROY blubbering and trolling came to a crashing end, too
    Yeah, but they didn't need to Coples to be a bust at that point. They had our SEASON to make fun of us over.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    DROY is Luke Kuechley. It's not even close.
    Word. Dude is a beast.

  20. #40
    I think that the way Coples and Wilk just got better and better as the season went on should tell our front office that at least we have one coach who can teach. Please keep Dunbar.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us