Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: Steve Serby KILLING Rex Ryan - "RexGate" In Full Swing

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If I'm Rex, my socks are feeling awfully tight right now.

    Perfect.
    yes, Rex's socks may be getting tight.


    but are his jimmies rustled?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You should hope that Rex Ryan gets fired not because of his silly antics or bizarre personal life; you should want him fired because it's the best thing for the Jets. His strategy doesn't work. That's the long and short of it.
    and that decision will up to the new GM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The issue is he's not a good football coach
    He may not be a good Head Coach, thats a worthy debate, but to say he's not a good "Football Coach" is patently rediculous. He has a track record of many, many years of producing Top 10 NFL Defenses.

    specifically his backwards strategy and dominance on defense and a running game isn't going to work in today's NFL.
    Adrian Peterson and the Vikings says hi.

    Rex system is fine, if we had anything better than the worst QB of the past four years giving away the most turnovers of anyone in the past four years. The failure at QB, which has been total and complete, would make ANY system fail. Passing-based systems more so than Running/Defense-based systems. I can't even imagaine a pass-first system with Sanchez at the helm, it's too horrific to contemplate.

    You should hope that Rex Ryan gets fired not because of his silly antics or bizarre personal life; you should want him fired because it's the best thing for the Jets.
    I only want him fired if a better Head Coach is available and willing to dump Sanchez.

    Hence the oft repeated question of "who is the better option". You hate the question, but it's legitimate. Change for changes sake is no blessing. Firing Rex and rehiring mangini, for example, is not net gain. Plenty of bad options out there, far more than good.

    If even the Fans cannot identify a single obvious realistic replacement option who is clearly and unquestionably better, thats says something.

    and that decision will up to the new GM.
    Yup, as it should be. If the new GM thinks Rex should go, Rex should go. We can only hope he knows a better option.

    I'm not averse to change, but it needs to be the right change. And it needs to start with dumping Sanchez completely.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.

  4. #84
    the more I read these hacks the more I realize how repsonsible they are for this so-called "circus" atmosphere. When Rex does speak, the media rips him. When he doesn't, they rip him. Doesn't Rex have until Friday to speak to the media? OK then guys, hold your fkn horses! if he doesn't speak by Friday, then you have a gripe, Rex spoke Sunday after the game. Monday was a day when the GM was fired, so they smartly canceled the scheduled conference. Yesterday was New Year's Day and nobody was at the jets facility, so he didn't speak. It is before noon (eastern time) on Wednesday for crying out fkn loud! These "journalists" really have ZERO common sense.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    yes, Rex's socks may be getting tight.


    but are his jimmies rustled?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post


    Who is that, and when did he eat Simon Cowell?


  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Steve Serby
    Talk to us, Rex.

    Come out, come out, wherever you are.

    Tell us how you feel now that your trusted crony GM Mike Tannenbaum, is gone, and a new GM is on his way.

    Tell us whether you still want to coach your team, and only your team, now that seven other teams need a new head coach.

    Tell us whether Woody Johnson is right when he says you have the passion, drive and desire to lead his team.

    Your silence is deafening.

    Tell us whether you are all in at a time when your GM/crony, your offensive coordinator, your special teams guru and maybe your defensive coordinator/crony may all be all out.

    Tell us why you say that a lot of Jets fans want you gone. Tell us whether you meant that as a message to the owner. Tell us you didn’t intend it as a death wish.

    Tell us whether you feel guilty you survived and Tannenbaum didn’t, since he didn’t make a football decision without leaning heavily on you first.

    Tell us how you feel entering a season when the owner expects you to make a serious run for the first New York Super Bowl in the stadium he shares with John Mara and Steve Tisch.

    Tell us how you feel knowing a third straight season out of the playoffs will spell your doom.

    Tell us how you feel about being a lame duck, because there is no contract extension to discuss when you have won six of your past 19 games.

    Talk to us, Rex.

    Come out, come out, wherever you are.

    There have been no inside leaks from the Deep Throat(s) in your midst about any sudden bout of laryngitis. So what’s the story, Rex?

    Do you feel the walls closing in on you?

    Are you having nightmares about kissing Bill Belichick’s rings after all?

    Have you given up on the idea the Giants are the Jets’ little brother?

    Have you given up on the idea Mark Sanchez is a franchise quarterback? Or do you have a plan that can somehow get him off his butt?

    Or are you reading the handwriting on the wall in a conference where Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will be standing in your way again?

    Has it sunk in that winning is now much more important to the owner than selling hot dogs, that it is no longer enough for you to shove the Giants off the back page of the tabloids with bluster and bravado and just being Rex? That he didn’t sign up to look his fellow owners in the eye — especially Mara and Tisch — knowing his team has become a buttfumble laughingstock?

    Tell us your plans for the Wildcat next season. On second thought, spare us.

    Are you shaken by the cold shoulder the owner has given you lately? Didn’t he seem a lot different during the good old days, when you were the star of “Hard Knocks”? When he was quick to forgive your indiscretions and overlook your peccadillos?

    When you called your wife on “Hard Knocks” and asked her not to shop too much after you informed her the owner had given you an amazing raise.

    Are you grateful the owner kept you even though you had a worse season than Eric Mangini did when he was whacked?

    Is the only thing that keeps you from telling the owner to take this job and shove it the $6 million he owes you?

    Or does any part of you now want to sing Auld Lang Syne to what is no longer the dream job it was four years ago? Does any part of you think you can score another part in the next Adam Sandler movie? Do you think you can be — BOOM! — this generation’s John Madden, perhaps?

    What gives, Rex? Remember how you left that personal recorded message to season-ticket holders before the home game against the Patriots four Septembers ago? Jets Nation has endured enough across the last 44 years. Your fans deserve to hear from their head coach when the season ends.

    Tough times don’t last, tough people do. You’re no longer the talk of the town. And all of a sudden, you’re no longer talking.

    You’re letting imaginations and conspiracy theories run wild this way.

    Most ominously, has the owner ordered you to shut up, leaving you twisting in the wind in limbo? Is there some sinister RexGate unfolding, the possibility of an unseemly end game that will be sold as a mutual parting of the ways?

    Talk to us, Rex.

    Come out, come out, wherever you are.

    steve.serby@nypost.com

    SAR I
    I love my Jets but I hate the NY press..........

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Who is that, and when did he eat Simon Cowell?

    Cowell got buff as hell, apparently. Taken dem vitamins.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    I love my Jets but I hate the NY press..........
    Agreed. The New York Media is one of the biggest drawbacks to any New York job in sports. Well, that and New Yorks tax rates of course.

    You would never see the hit piece above in other cities. Not even here in D.C., a city that covers professional politics for a living.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,483
    That article says it all.

    Serby has nothing to write when Rex and Woody cut off the food supply.

    The silence worked like a charm and Serby went slumming around JI for new material.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Agreed. The New York Media is one of the biggest drawbacks to any New York job in sports. Well, that and New Yorks tax rates of course.

    You would never see the hit piece above in other cities. Not even here in D.C., a city that covers professional politics for a living.
    This article is particularly unprofessional though and mostly cheap shots at Rex. Just because Rex made coaching mistakes doesn't mean he has to be torn into at every level. He's a good dude, maybe a bit too loyal and stubborn, but not deserving of personal attacks on his character.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because the curse finger and the foot fetish aren't really our problem. In fact, I wish that's all it was because then it's much easier to get excited about next season.

    It's immature, but I can deal with Rex Ryan's strange personal life. As a passerby, it's like watching a traffic accident, you don't want to but you just can't stop looking. The issue is he's not a good football coach, and specifically his backwards strategy and dominance on defense and a running game isn't going to work in today's NFL.

    The Serby piece is entertaining. The Schein piece is enlightening. Read that one.

    Look, you know where I stand. Right now it looks like Rex Ryan is returning. It doesn't mean it's good for the Jets, it doesn't mean that we're accomplishing anything. If in 2012 they tried to fool us into thinking we were on the right track then in 2013 they are basically admitting that we are a lost cause.

    You should hope that Rex Ryan gets fired not because of his silly antics or bizarre personal life; you should want him fired because it's the best thing for the Jets. His strategy doesn't work. That's the long and short of it.

    SAR I
    The truth shall set you free! Good job, SAR. I knew you had it in you.

    And we'll choose to agree to disagree in regards to Rex. I want him back.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yes, I wanted him to be quiet when guaranteeing SB rings and meeting presidents. I wanted him to be quiet when he bumbles his way through his press conferences trying to lie and make **** up about Tebow and how Mark gives us the best chance to win. I wanted him to be quiet about saying this is the best roster he's had since he became coach. To be quite honest it's to the point of embarrassment when he speaks. He just fumbling over his words, giving double speak, can't even form sentences.... He's completely incapable of making a professional statement. It's not a matter of giving the press the answers they want, it's a matter of delivering a message competently and professionally while under fire. Rex can't do that, which is why he's not saying anything. Did you guys not watch his last press conference after BUF? Or his last 20 before that? He's completely cracked up under the spotlight. You really think Woody wants to roll that out there to give a message to the fans that inspires any kind of confidence?
    You've summed this up perfectly, except that I think Rex would be talking to the press if Woody hadn't told him not to.

    When I listen to Rex's pressers, I keep expecting him to say .... "And such as, and they don't have maps in third world countries, and such as " His pressers are embarrassing.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Enjoy your time off. I usually let you off with a warning, but I'm sick of your **** right now.
    Thank you

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    thread necro....

    kinky... I like it.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    For what it's worth sg3, it was not my intention to get you banned. I only wished for more cordial conversation.
    The rest of the board thanks you anyway.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,767
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If only Richard Todd had smashed this hideous jacka$$ into that locker50 times harder and head first
    It was hardly a push at all. It was blown up worse then it was. I was there and recorded the facts. Serby worked out in Roosevelt Field at Bally's. I knew him from there and it was really a nothing sg3. Typical NY media. But I do get your point.

  18. #98
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    If Korn/Ferry is advising Woody on Cones Of Silence, yikes.

    SAR I


    Agree! FIRE REX RYAN NOW

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    If Korn/Ferry is advising Woody on Cones Of Silence, yikes.

    SAR I


    Agree! FIRE REX RYAN NOW
    I would not be surprised if they are and instructed woody to order Rex out of town.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us