Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Serby KILLING Rex Ryan - "RexGate" In Full Swing

Think of it this way..if your boss were fired could you tell the people within your department what you wanted to do and how you would go about it before the new boss gets there ? Rex is on very thin ice and he cannot just say what he wants to do he has to meet the GM and they have to identify what needs to be fixed and who needs to go.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Oh great

Reptilleon and his chowd troll pals

The great SOJF-Chowd Alliance

Enjoy this thread...It's yours
    Enjoy your time off. I usually let you off with a warning, but I'm sick of your **** right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Originally Posted by sg3

Too busy feeling sorry for that ugly little girl in your avatar having to endure having a retarded father

Talk about crossing the line. Insulting someone's little girl. What a lowlife. What a fraud.
    Wow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    SOJFs and Jet haters wanted RR to be quiet, now they want talk.

Par for the course
    Serby isn't a SOJ fan, he's an antagonist who is merely whining about not getting another dose of Rex butchering another press conference.

The Jets are right in muzzling the fat bastard. He can't answer any of those "questions".

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Did you see the look on rex's face after the Titans game when he walked past Sanchez? If you did, you'll know there will be no more excuses for Sanchez. If he had a legit option, Sanchez woulda been yanked mid season. As for Rex not speaking to the press yet. I believe he's been told by Woody, to wait until a new GM signs on.When that happens, Ryan and the new Gm will hold a joint conference.
    Yes that stalk was priceless, wish someone had a gif.
    Media doesn't like that their 'circus' is a professional organization and acting like one, boo hoo, more unbelievable is that someone would reprint and promote this drek as if it worthy of anything but being toilet paper.

Rex in the first five minutes will say: "Obviously I'm tremendously disappointed."

I think he's just not that bright and has a limited vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Rex in the first five minutes will say: "Obviously I'm tremendously disappointed."

He DOES tend to rely on the word "obviously" far too often.

Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Do some people actually think it's Rex's decision right now whether to talk to the media?

And it's not like the guy is NOT going to talk either.. He'll absolutely talk
    That's how stupid Serby is. And someone reposts it here.

For what it's worth sg3, it was not my intention to get you banned. I only wished for more cordial conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Think of it this way..if your boss were fired could you tell the people within your department what you wanted to do and how you would go about it before the new boss gets there ? Rex is on very thin ice and he cannot just say what he wants to do he has to meet the GM and they have to identify what needs to be fixed and who needs to go.
    Maybe you can draw a picture. That might help.

Jets Insider VIP

You can take anyone and pick apart their idiosyncratic tendancies. Obviously it is no indication of IQ but more of environment in their formative years...Obvious to the most casual observer.

Hall Of Fame

Exactly. We all know what Rex would say. "Ya know and all that stuff", "And everything like that", the man has trouble forming a coherent sentence.

I think the less press conferences and statements the better right now. Hire the new GM, have him tell us the direction of the franchise, and he can tell us Rex's standing going forward. Having Rex stand up there like some bumbling fool right now with no answers does the Jets no good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly. We all know what Rex would say. "Ya know and all that stuff", "And everything like that", the man has trouble forming a coherent sentence.

I think the less press conferences and statements the better right now. Hire the new GM, have him tell us the direction of the franchise, and he can tell us Rex's standing going forward. Having Rex stand up there like some bumbling fool right now with no answers does the Jets no good.
    Ya know I dink yur wrong here, erading his sez is from his heart and entertaining. When he talks X & Os his IQ jumps to 300. So let him bumble along and Er-a-ding like dat.

SAR, how come you and your boy Serby didn't include sh*t like Fingergate and footgate? I thought that was what all of you dingbats like Jordy, Snell41, Cleansweep 2013 always mentioned because you couldn't come up with any GOOD reasons to fire Rex?

I thought all of you were still angry when he told you that the 2012 NYJ was the most talented team he's ever had? Why didn't you put in there?

I needed some laughs today, but this wasn't nearly as funny as most of the nonsense you post here. Are you losing your touch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    SAR, how come you and your boy Serby didn't include sh*t like Fingergate and footgate? I thought that was what all of you dingbats like Jordy, Snell41, Cleansweep 2013 always mentioned because you couldn't come up with any GOOD reasons to fire Rex?

I thought all of you were still angry when he told you that the 2012 NYJ was the most talented team he's ever had? Why didn't you put in there?

I needed some laughs today, but this wasn't nearly as funny as most of the nonsense you post here. Are you losing your touch?
    Can you make a point without insults? Just curious. I have personally listed many reasons Rex should go. You just choose to ignore them in your blind faith loyalty to Rex. You are the Ray Ray of Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Maybe you can draw a picture. That might help.
    Might have to I mean it's just common sense

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Because the curse finger and the foot fetish aren't really our problem. In fact, I wish that's all it was because then it's much easier to get excited about next season.

It's immature, but I can deal with Rex Ryan's strange personal life. As a passerby, it's like watching a traffic accident, you don't want to but you just can't stop looking. The issue is he's not a good football coach, and specifically his backwards strategy and dominance on defense and a running game isn't going to work in today's NFL.

The Serby piece is entertaining. The Schein piece is enlightening. Read that one.

Look, you know where I stand. Right now it looks like Rex Ryan is returning. It doesn't mean it's good for the Jets, it doesn't mean that we're accomplishing anything. If in 2012 they tried to fool us into thinking we were on the right track then in 2013 they are basically admitting that we are a lost cause.

You should hope that Rex Ryan gets fired not because of his silly antics or bizarre personal life; you should want him fired because it's the best thing for the Jets. His strategy doesn't work. That's the long and short of it.

SAR I

Like most, my guess is that the new GM will have the option to fire Rex if need be. Personally, I don't think he should be fired, but I would certainly understand it.

However, I don't understand a few things.

1: The calls for the Jets to fire Rex Ryan before hiring a GM. Why? (Again, this is only assuming the new GM does have the right to fire Rex when he is hired) Rex is still a viable coaching candidate and as such there's no reason to dismiss a 2013 coaching option before hiring a GM

2. How could Rex say much right now? He can't really say anything until a GM is hired. Even if he says, "Well, I'm waiting for the next GM to be hired" would imply some amount of conversation with Woody regarding the new GM.

Honestly, what difference does it make for Rex to talk now or next week? Is the 2012 season going to change?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because the curse finger and the foot fetish aren't really our problem. In fact, I wish that's all it was because then it's much easier to get excited about next season.

It's immature, but I can deal with Rex Ryan's strange personal life. As a passerby, it's like watching a traffic accident, you don't want to but you just can't stop looking. The issue is he's not a good football coach, and specifically his backwards strategy and dominance on defense and a running game isn't going to work in today's NFL.

The Serby piece is entertaining. The Schein piece is enlightening. Read that one.

Look, you know where I stand. Right now it looks like Rex Ryan is returning. It doesn't mean it's good for the Jets, it doesn't mean that we're accomplishing anything. If in 2012 they tried to fool us into thinking we were on the right track then in 2013 they are basically admitting that we are a lost cause.

You should hope that Rex Ryan gets fired not because of his silly antics or bizarre personal life; you should want him fired because it's the best thing for the Jets. His strategy doesn't work. That's the long and short of it.

SAR I
    Schein makes several allegations but offers no corroboration or evidenciary suport. For example, he contends that it was Rex who wanted Tebow. I believe that to be false. It was the owner who forced Tebow up Rex's ass and without any lubricant. He contends that it was Rex who pushed for Sanchez to be given that absurd extension and guarantee. No evidence of that whatsoever. All indicators point exclusively to Tanny for that. Sorry, but if Schein wants credibility, he needs to provide evidence of his allegations. THe one I do believe is that Rex handpicked Sparano. Here Schein at least gives us a quote ("mirror image of me") in support of that contention.

What we have here is just a long whiney list from Schein looking for muck to report. Color me unimpressed. He is about as credible as is Joe W nAmath poster on JI. Just a lot of whining and crying.

This article is just piling on. Kind of a lot of low blows. Rex is a good dude, even if you want him fired.