Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's Wednesday.

I've been on vacation for the last 10 days. Cut me some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post

I've been on vacation for the last 10 days. Cut me some slack.
    lol, no worries.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Fine...Dick...lets have that required presser

Rex ..Good morning. As you know this is the league mandated press conference for this week.. I have no opening statement. Open for questions

Dick Semen.. Rex..could you give us your take on.Mike being let go?

Rex..No

Brian Costello..Can you give us any update on the status of Tony or Tim?

Rex.. No

Manish Mehta..What are your feelings about MrJohnson saying you are staying. Are you happy with them?

Rex ..Yes

Rex...Any other questions?

(shocked silence and paper shuffling)

Jet PR guy..Thank you. No further pressers are scheduled
    One edit - have this presser on a Friday or Saturday night at 10:30 or Sunday morning at 6:00 a.m.

Just to f*ck with all these d-bags.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I understand u guys think we're whining but Woody and Rex have always preached transparency. This is the opposite.

Banned
    I understand u guys think we're whining but Woody and Rex have always preached transparency. This is the opposite.
    We don't think you're whining, Brian. We know you are.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan is as responsible for Jets' failures as Tannenbaum. But Rex cleverly distanced himself from mistakes. Column: http://nydn.us/U7DTb4

Meanwhile, nearly 72 hours after report that Tony Sparano will be fired, Jets are letting OC twist in the wind until further notice. #nyj

Make no mistake: Rex Ryan does not want Tony Sparano back as the offensive coordinator. Of course, he hand-picked TS a year ago. #nyj

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what is the media obsession with comment from the jets? Mike T gone, Owner made as statement, its all over the news that they are interviewing GM candidates...are they just annoying that they are not getting to ask their typical dumbass questions that never get a straight answer?

i can see it now...

...Rex do u think its fair that Mike T is gone and you are still here...

...Woody, why was Mike T made the scapegoat, and Rex is remaining...
    They're annoyed they can't get Rex during this contentious time. He has a coaching staff in limbo. Rex would be answering questions he can't answer doing a disservice to his coaches. This is so simple I don't get the issue! Just because other HC's who were fired or not made an end of season PC the Jets situation is different.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    They're annoyed they can't get Rex during this contentious time. He has a coaching staff in limbo. Rex would be answering questions he can't answer doing a disservice to his coaches. This is so simple I don't get the issue! Just because other HC's who were fired or not made an end of season PC the Jets situation is different.
    but the point is even if he was holding presser....he wouldnt say ANYTHING...its retraded. this is like the regular season games where they ask dumb ass questions like...how does it feel to lose by 30

umm what?

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    @BrianCoz @JennyVrentas @KMart_LI @dp57 Hey, I'm PLANNING the thing!

Gang bang with Jenny?

Wayne Chrebet ‏@waynechrebet
    I'm trying to figure out the purpose of Rex avoidin the press.They said its an organization decision.Whats that mean?now Is the time to talk

All Pro
    Yes and you've used that to ridicule them for years. Now you cry that they've finally wised up.

Veteran
    but the point is even if he was holding presser....he wouldnt say ANYTHING...its retraded. this is like the regular season games where they ask dumb ass questions like...how does it feel to lose by 30

umm what?
    Exactly. Isn't if funny how the "media" is angry about this? They're not getting there way so lets kick them when they're down. Good let them stew.
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-02-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Meanwhile, nearly 72 hours after report that Tony Sparano will be fired, Jets are letting OC twist in the wind until further notice. #nyj
    This is so ridiculous. Just because they didn't tell Mehta means Sparano is twisting in the wind.

What the staff has relayed to the coach and what's public are two very different things.

All Pro

umm what?
    It's always retarded. I never understood why people wanted to hear these press conferences. They don't plan on giving any information. The only news that would come out is if someone slips up, or gets taken out of context. Then they wonder why he's not talking.

All League
    Cimini and mehta are pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes and you've used that to ridicule them for years. Now you cry that they've finally wised up.
    you coudln't make this sh-- up.

For the past four years the media has abused the Jets for talking so much. Now that hopefully they have learned their lesson and are trying to run a respectful organization the media is killing them.

NYJ beat writers are a joke.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Silence of the lambs: The Jets still aren't talking. Neither Rex Ryan nor owner Woody Johnson will address... http://es.pn/ZbCh16 #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    I love what the media is doing. Keep crushing the Jets please. It can only help Woody see that Rex is a clueless clown who needs to go.

Even Chrebet hopped in on this. beautiful.

Kudos to manish, cimini and the rest of the gang.