Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tom Gamble is the leading target for GM

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, I guess we are going to find out how much truth there is to what some of you posters are claiming...

I he's a top notch legit GM, then he'll want to hire hi own guy for HC. He wouldn't want Rex as many of the posters here claim. So he would tell Woody Johnson, "If I come here, Rex goes".

Or if Woody is hell bent on keeping Rex (which I believe he is), Tom Gamble will select the Jaguars or some other to become GM because he wouldn't want to deal with such a sh*tty HC as you claim.

Now, if Tom Gamble opts to come to the Jets and also decides to stay with Rex Ryan? Then all of you guys are full of sh*t. You will need to STFU and stay that way.

I believe we'll get a top notch GM and one that will want Rex Ryan. They'll concur with Woody's belief that Rex Ryan is a great HC. It may not be Tom Gamble. After all, the guy appears to have multiple offers coming his way. But someone highly respected will become GM of the Jets and will keep Rex Ryan as the HC.
    I haven't read every post in this thread all that closely, but I have no idea where your angry declaration fits into reality. Who are "all of you guys"?

I love how people act as if there is one consensus opinion on the board and they are the only person who could possibly see the light.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I haven't read every post in this thread all that closely, but I have no idea where your angry declaration fits into reality. Who are "all of you guys"?

I love how people act as if there is one consensus opinion on the board and they are the only person who could possibly see the light.
    He's been unbearable lately. If you have a differing opinion from him this is pretty much his go to response.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    This is what I am thinking. Its not like there are dozens of top HCs to choose from. The new GM may very well like Rex and want to keep him.
    It also sets the guy up perfect if the first year is terrible. If he wants Rex out, he'll have the option of tossing him out. Similar to Holmgren's first year in Cle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Similar situation to us... the quarterback the last 7 seasons hasn't been a juggernaut.

However, the difference remains that the 49ers FO has made the effort to surround Alex Smith with weapons and talent. The Jets? Not one bit.
    Really? Prior to Crabtree who did they get at WR? I think the coach has made all the draft picks look better because before him they looked dreadful. They were not a choice destination for free agents neither. When the Jets start winning consistently watch how attractive NY looks to players trying to get a ring. NE hardly ever signs big name free agents other wise they would be prime destination for them other than retiring players looking for that last gasp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    how would a blogger know that Tom Gamble is the leading candidate?

Gamble hasn't even been interviewed yet.
    Try reading the article.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    It also sets the guy up perfect if the first year is terrible. If he wants Rex out, he'll have the option of tossing him out. Similar to Holmgren's first year in Cle.
    Bingo!

I think, as a number of posters have suggested, that Woody is looking for some continuity at a critical position at the same time as he establishes a short leash on Ryan for the new GM. Unless the GM has a hand-picked guy to replace him, of course.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be chicken or the egg thing. Did Gamble bring it such amazing talent and the pre-Harbaugh coaches couldn't get them to play to their potential, or did Harbaugh make these average players exceed their potential to where they are now? I don't know, i'm not a Niners fan and haven't watched them much. But would i do know is before Harbaugh came, they were horrible....for years and that was under Gambles watch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    Could be chicken or the egg thing. Did Gamble bring it such amazing talent and the pre-Harbaugh coaches couldn't get them to play to their potential, or did Harbaugh make these average players exceed their potential to where they are now? I don't know, i'm not a Niners fan and haven't watched them much. But would i do know is before Harbaugh came, they were horrible....for years and that was under Gambles watch.
    They had Vernon Davis and other top picks for years. Singletary benched Vernon Davis and got in his face. He was a real badass. Harbaugh was a QB going backand softened the rhetoric a bit. He got Alex Smith on track and Vernon and QB were unstoppable. They call plays that are unpredictable unlike our staff.