Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa is SPOT ON Today

All League
    Mike is basically saying:

-Tanny basically the fall guy, was not all his fault
    -Rex made or influenced MANY personnel decisions including: Tebow, Sanchez etc.
    -Sanchez has been terribly mishandled and mistreated
    -"Leaks" by Pettine may very well have been orchestrated by Rex

The Weapons of Mass Deflection continue, ignoring how core Mark Sanchez's failings was in the Jets downfall.

It's funny who folks will and won't make excuses for and who they won't. Sanchez can be the worst QB in the league over a 4-year span, on the field, trowing INT's, dropping fumbles, gbeing inaccurate as hell, gving the other team points, and 3-and-outing.....and somehow it's a 4 year perenial top 10 Defenses fault we're bad?

Rex, apparently, is an evil mastermind G.W. Bushing his GM and Staff so he can....what, Coach one more year as a fan-hated lame duck with Sanchez at QB again? And of course, he is personally responsible for every single thing, the two ****ty O-Co's (one of whom was forced on him), the absolute loser of Sanchez, the injuries to both our best players, etc, etc, etc.

I can't stomach the idea that this team may seriously go into 2013 with mark Sanchez as the QB again, and with a much-weakened Defense from firing Rex and selling off his pieces (the leading J.I. Strip plan it appears). So we can be 30th on O and D and call it "rebuilding", joy.

We would be competative with an average producing QB who didn't require elite everythingele around him. But no....
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-02-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The Weapons of Mass Deflection continue, ignoring how core Mark Sanchez's failings was in the Jets downfall.

It's funny who folks will and won't make excuses for and who they won't. Sanchez can be the worst QB in the league over a 4-year span, on the field, trowing INT's, dropping fumbles, gbeing inaccurate as hell, gving the other team points, and 3-and-outing.....and somehow it's a 4 year perenial top 10 Defenses fault we're bad?

Rex, apparently, is an evil mastermind G.W. Bushing his GM and Staff so he can....what, Coach one more year as a fan-hated lame duck with Sanchez at QB again? And of course, he is personally responsible for every single thing, the two ****ty O-Co's (one of whom was forced on him), the absolute loser of Sanchez, the injuries to both our best players, etc, etc, etc.

I can't stomach the idea that this team may seriously go into 2013 with mark Sanchez as the QB again, and with a much-weakened Defense from firing Rex and selling off his pieces (the leading J.I. Strip plan it appears). So we can be 30th on O and D and call it "rebuilding", joy.

We would be competative with an average producing QB who didn't require elite everythingele around him. But no....
    Yes yes yes yes and yes. Spot on.

Hall Of Fame
    Some of his best Jets analysis ever. Very insightful. I am hoping he hits the mother load and gets Tanny on.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Mike is basically saying:

-Tanny basically the fall guy, was not all his fault
    -Rex made or influenced MANY personnel decisions including: Tebow, Sanchez etc.
    -Sanchez has been terribly mishandled and mistreated
    -"Leaks" by Pettine may very well have been orchestrated by Rex
    what did he expect...everyone in that building to get a raise??? Woody could have cleaned house.. sure.. but not many coaches can take a 1st and 2nd year QB (with limitations) and win on road in playoffs.....

Sanchez was completely over-valued... Mishandled perhaps.. Mistreated? please..... How is he mistreated?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Just switched over to YES.

Erica Herskowitz is a poor man's Rachel Nichols. Not terrible. Definite upgrade over Minko.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Just switched over to YES.

Erica Herskowitz is a poor man's Rachel Nichols. Not terrible. Definite upgrade over Minko.
    POTD.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Some of his best Jets analysis ever. Very insightful. I am hoping he hits the mother load and gets Tanny on.
    What people like to forget about Francesa in these parts is that he knows everyone and everything. He's been doing this before Adam Schecter was born, when Adam Schein and Jeremy Schapp were in diapers.

Some don't like his delivery (I, of course, love it) but his content is always 100% accurate. He's got sources that are impeccable and a great feel for what the common fan thinks.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

The team was built to win on Defense and Ground & Pound.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets a lead in New England with 90 seconds left.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets a lead in Tennessee in the 3rd quarter.

Mark Sanchez didn't allow the Dolphins backup QB to have a career day.

If the defense shows up in those 3 games, the Jets are a playoff team despite their awful QB. You can spin this any way you want, but the Jets were not built to win in the air. The personnel on that side of the ball is brutal, anyone can see that. Ground & Pound, dead. Defense, dead. Jets, therefore dead.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

I keep staring at her hoping she'll get hotter, but she never does. I try to convince myself.

Better than Mink by a long shot though.

-

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The team was built to win on Defense and Ground & Pound.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets a lead in New England with 90 seconds left.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets a lead in Tennessee in the 3rd quarter.

Mark Sanchez didn't allow the Dolphins backup QB to have a career day.

If the defense shows up in those 3 games, the Jets are a playoff team despite their awful QB. You can spin this any way you want, but the Jets were not built to win in the air. The personnel on that side of the ball is brutal, anyone can see that. Ground & Pound, dead. Defense, dead. Jets, therefore dead.

SAR I
    mark sanchez is fully responsible for the 10 losses this season.

51 turnovers led the nfl.

mike is mentioning bill cowher!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Cowher's not coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Cowher's not coming here.
    never say never.

full control. thats what bill cowher wants he may get it from woody.

Maybe so.

But the New England, Miami, and Tennessee games were all wins turned into losses by the defense.

And had we won those three games, perhaps the back-to-back 0-3 finishes never happen and we beat the likes of San Diego and Buffalo too. How quickly a little defense goes to turn 6-10 into 11-5.

We're built to win on defense. You start there.

SAR I

This morning on Boomer & Carton, Carton was begging for Cowher (who wouldn't) and Esiason did not spit out his usual "I know Bill and he's not going to coach again" line.

Hmm. Looks like I'm going to all 10 Jets home games next season after all.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    never say never.

full control. thats what bill cowher wants he may get it from woody.
    Mike said that during Rex's first year when they were 7-7 he heard "whispers" that there may be some interest.

I am not banking on that little tidbit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What people like to forget about Francesa in these parts is that he knows everyone and everything. He's been doing this before Adam Schecter was born, when Adam Schein and Jeremy Schapp were in diapers.

Some don't like his delivery (I, of course, love it) but his content is always 100% accurate. He's got sources that are impeccable and a great feel for what the common fan thinks.

SAR I
    100% agree, that's why I have never written him off. He is in the know, regardless of what Jets fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    100% agree, that's why I have never written him off. He is in the know, regardless of what Jets fans think.
    SouthTown for mod.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dead on.

Here's a link for those who want to listen:

http://tunein.com/radio/WFAN-Sports-Radio-660-s28671/

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I keep staring at her hoping she'll get hotter, but she never does. I try to convince myself.

Better than Mink by a long shot though.

-
    That's the problem. Don't stare. Squint.

See?