Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Francesa is SPOT ON Today

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He was a 23 year old college junior who got no clipboard time, no mentor to study, was thrown right into the fire, and in his first two seasons got us to a 16-4 run, a 4-2 playoff record, and was the best Jet on the field in 2 Championship Games.

Save your statistics. Mark Sanchez never had the opportunity to grow into a better quarterback because Rex Ryan took away all his playmakers in an attempt to create the '85 Bears defense. At similar junctures in their careers, the likes of Brett Favre, and Steve Young were littered with similar tales of misuse by incompetent coaching staffs. They turned out all right.

Rex Ryan is the Jets problem. And part of what Rex Ryan did is destroy Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez can save us, save us very quickly in fact. Let's see what the kid has in him with a competent offense for a change. It's been two years since he's had one.

SAR I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVa6V304f4

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    To those of you hate on Sanchez... The Oregon Ducks have more talent on offense!!

Did Sanchez suck this year???? YES HE DID!!!

Did color coded systems, poor coaching, and horrific offensive talent doom him and a FO without a plan???? You had better believe it helped his demise!!

Why even the owner and the members of the Jets FO other than Tanny said our offensive players STINK!!

But even with the GM being FIRED we have Jets fans out here somehow acting like Sanchez was and is holding back Jim Brown and Jerry Rice on offense.....

Good Grief!!!
    This does not have to be an either or proposition.

Sanchez is part of the problem and so is the offense around him.

Elite players make the players around them better. He is not elite despite being drafted very high.

Superior talent can lift an average/above average QB into looking better then he actually is. The Jets offensive talent was poor and the scheme/coaching was sub par.

Total fail all around. Its not that hard to figure out....

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    This does not have to be an either or proposition.

Sanchez is part of the problem and so is the offense around him.

Elite players make the players around them better. He is not elite despite being drafted very high.

Superior talent can lift an average/above average QB into looking better then he actually is. The Jets offensive talent was poor and the scheme/coaching was sub par.

Total fail all around. Its not that hard to figure out....
    Part of the problem?? He averages two turnovers a game. He is a one man wrecking crew!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Video Of Butt Fumble
    So what? Is that supposed to bother Jets fans? The best defensive lineman in the AFC blew up our old guy into our quarterback's path.

Let's look at how the defense gave up 42 points that night. Show a video of that.

Shane Vereen goes 83 yards through the Jets defense on 2 yard dump-off. Show a video of that.

Joe McKnight fumbles a KR into a 10 yard Patriots special teams TD. Show a video of that.

The secondary gives up a 56 yard bomb TD to Julian Edelman. Show a video of that.

Mark Sanchez isn't good, but he's not our problem.

SAR I

So what? Is that supposed to bother Jets fans? The best defensive lineman in the AFC blew up our old guy into our quarterback's path.

Let's look at how the defense gave up 42 points that night. Show a video of that.

Shane Vereen goes 83 yards through the Jets defense on 2 yard dump-off. Show a video of that.

Joe McKnight fumbles a KR into a 10 yard Patriots special teams TD. Show a video of that.

The secondary gives up a 56 yard bomb TD to Julian Edelman. Show a video of that.

Mark Sanchez isn't good, but he's not our problem.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez was responsible for 52 turnovers that last two seasons. If he cut those turnovers in half, we make the playoffs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mark Sanchez was responsible for 52 turnovers that last two seasons. If he cut those turnovers in half, we make the playoffs.
    His turnovers would have been cut in half if he had good receivers running good routes, if he had a healthy TE, if he had a line that didn't have him sacked 5x a game, if he had a running game to keep the LB's honest, and if he had an offensive coordinator that wasn't so predictable.

If you can't see the difference between the quality of the offensive playmakers in '09/'10 vs. the pile of sh-t in '11/'12 there's no use in talking to you.

SAR I

His turnovers would have been cut in half if he had good receivers running good routes, if he had a healthy TE, if he had a line that didn't have him sacked 5x a game, if he had a running game to keep the LB's honest, and if he had an offensive coordinator that wasn't so predictable.

If you can't see the difference between the quality of the offensive playmakers in '09/'10 vs. the pile of sh-t in '11/'12 there's no use in talking to you.

SAR I
    Believe what you want.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Jets defense blew late leads against New England and Tennessee and didn't show up against the Dolphins backup QB.

If the defense makes a big stop for the first time in 2 years and plays at 110% in those games, we make the playoffs.

SAR I

If there's anything we should know about Francesa it's that he's never spot on...Jets have nothing to say to the media so why bother, they will just ask about Tebow, Sanchez, Tannenbaum & Sparano...the media is a bunch of backbiting drama queens who just like the stir things up, they have had absolutely no constructive football questions or anything important to say for at least 2 years...the Jets media is the biggest joke on earth

Francesa just bashes the Jets because he is mad they revoked his credentials years back and he's been on a rant ever since then

I like the move by the Jets not to talk...there is no news to give the reporters that wasn't provided after the game or shown by the moves on Black Monday...let the team interview GMs (while also avoiding Rex saying anything stupid plus he could still be fired by new GM) over the weekend, and stop being so transparent to a media base that includes hacks like Manish Mehta, Gary Myers, Rich Cimini, Jane McManus, Dan Leberfield etc...they are the scum of sports writing and the TMZ of the NFL...an absolute joke and we all should be disgusted by their whining and childish attacks on twitter over the issue

The Jets defense blew late leads against New England and Tennessee and didn't show up against the Dolphins backup QB.

If the defense makes a big stop for the first time in 2 years and plays at 110% in those games, we make the playoffs.

SAR I
    In Tennessee, giving up 14 points in a game where the QB was responsible for 5 turnovers is remarkable. The defense actually gave up 0 points off Sanchez's 5 turnovers.

You are clueless, really.

In Tennessee, giving up 14 points in a game where the QB was responsible for 5 turnovers is remarkable. The defense actually gave up 0 points off Sanchez's 5 turnovers.

Agreed, defense played as well as they could this year all circumstances considered (injuries, inept offense, constant offensive turnovers)...if we had a semblance of a pass rush our defense would be quite formidable.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Translation: Mark Sanchez' 5 turnovers didn't lead to a single point against while the "best ever in the history of the world" defense let's the Titans score a TD on a single 95 yard play and then let's the Titans score a devastating answer-back TD on a methodical 66 yard TD drive after the offense produced a TD of their own.

Oh, and did I mention the best part? The Tennessee Titans had the worst offense in the NFL and featured an OL with 4 backups and a 4th string center.

Which one of us is clueless again? I forget.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IL DUCE View Post
    Agreed, defense played as well as they could this year all circumstances considered (injuries, inept offense, constant offensive turnovers)...if we had a semblance of a pass rush our defense would be quite formidable.
    Yeah, think again.

As bad as our quarterback was, the defense cost us the playoffs.

@ New England: Mark Sanchez gives the well-rested defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds on the clock. They let Tom Brady march up the field. Twice. Lose in an OT that we never should have been in.

Miami: A terrible Dolphin team visits, we let their backup quarterback have a field day beating us deep all day long. Special teams gives up a killer TD. We lose 30-9.

@ Tennessee: Jets defense gives up a 95 yard TD on one play, yet Mark Sanchez' Jets have a 3rd quarter lead. Defense gives up a 65 yard answer-back TD drive to lose it 14-10. Oh, and the Titans have 4 backups on OL including a 4th string center.

If those three games go our way, so too go games against San Diego and Buffalo. Beating New England in Foxboro makes all the difference, the D lost the biggest games of the season, not Mark Sanchez. It's fun to have a single person to scapegoat, isn't it? So much easier than blaming 11 defensive players, special teams, the coaching staff, and the GM. The truth says otherwise. Sorry.

SAR I

I wouldnt discount the Defense was on the field 52 more times then had to be over the last two years, and thats just counting Sanchez's turnovers.

Don't even bring up the fact that the guy couldnt pick up a even a first down after an opposing team scored if his life depended on it.

Our D played great, I dont deny they came up a bit small in some spots late in games, but chances are they are gassed by the 3rd quarter because they spent an entire game's worth of D time on the field by then, sometimes by halftime

Sanchez is going to go somewhere and be a competent backup, he may have developed into a better QB, but I doubt it, Eli played in front of swiss cheese Olines with a decent running game and won championships.

Can you really say Mark wouldn't have folded up the tent and thrown 6 picks in the NFC champ game that Eli WON last year?

Cmon

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    I wouldnt discount the Defense was on the field 52 more times then had to be over the last two years, and thats just counting Sanchez's turnovers.

Don't even bring up the fact that the guy couldnt pick up a even a first down after an opposing team scored if his life depended on it.

Our D played great, I dont deny they came up a bit small in some spots late in games, but chances are they are gassed by the 3rd quarter because they spent an entire game's worth of D time on the field by then, sometimes by halftime

Sanchez is going to go somewhere and be a competent backup, he may have developed into a better QB, but I doubt it, Eli played in front of swiss cheese Olines with a decent running game and won championships.

Can you really say Mark wouldn't have folded up the tent and thrown 6 picks in the NFC champ game that Eli WON last year?

Cmon
    Agree. The Jets defense was not dominate for the last two seasons but the offense didn't compliment let alone win games for the Jets. It's that simple.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cmon
    This +10000. The D has done a good job this year. Points scored off Sanchez's turnovers shouldn't count against them. I also agree that this year, at least, Sanchez has been a one-man wrecking crew. Nice turn of phrase there

JetsInsider.com Legend

Cmon
    The offense in 2011 and 2012 not only had inferior playmakers but also had some of the worst playcalling from the worst offensive coordinators in Jets history. How soon you forget.

The defense didn't fail because of turnovers. The defense fails because they don't play hard, they're a bunch of indulged spoiled brats who have a head coach telling them how great they are after they give a half-assed effort. The defense hasn't made a 4th quarter game-winning killer stop in two years. The defense lets elite teams run and throw all over them. We are 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010.

The quarterback is being asked to throw up to 45 times a game because we have no running game. "We're going to win on defense and ground & pound" said Rex Ryan. Oh really? Because when your defense puts us in a 0-14 hole and the running back can't move the rock, your quarterback has to throw 50 times to playmakers that aren't here and he's going to get sacked, he's going to fumble, and he's going to get picked off.

And Eli Manning? How dare you. The Giants took Eli and then committed to offense. Toomer, Hilliard, Burress, Hixon, Smith, Manningam, Nicks, and Cruz are all huge PLAYMAKERS at WR. And all had no less than 3 seasons each with Manning to bond and develop. Should I mention Kevin Gilbride? Running backs like Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown and Wilson? That's 12 players right there that all would have been Jets starters, not a single current Jet being able to push those guys out of the way if on the same roster.

Had the Jets treated Sanchez with the same level of competent support as Manning and then he looked like crap I'd agree with you, kick him out the door. They didn't come close. Don't even mention Eli in these parts. Just amplifies the tragedy of Sanchez.

SAR I

The offense in 2011 and 2012 not only had inferior playmakers but also had some of the worst playcalling from the worst offensive coordinators in Jets history. How soon you forget.

The defense didn't fail because of turnovers. The defense fails because they don't play hard, they're a bunch of indulged spoiled brats who have a head coach telling them how great they are after they give a half-assed effort. The defense hasn't made a 4th quarter game-winning killer stop in two years. The defense lets elite teams run and throw all over them. We are 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010.

The quarterback is being asked to throw up to 45 times a game because we have no running game. "We're going to win on defense and ground & pound" said Rex Ryan. Oh really? Because when your defense puts us in a 0-14 hole and the running back can't move the rock, your quarterback has to throw 50 times to playmakers that aren't here and he's going to get sacked, he's going to fumble, and he's going to get picked off.

And Eli Manning? How dare you. The Giants took Eli and then committed to offense. Toomer, Hilliard, Burress, Hixon, Smith, Manningam, Nicks, and Cruz are all huge PLAYMAKERS at WR. And all had no less than 3 seasons each with Manning to bond and develop. Should I mention Kevin Gilbride? Running backs like Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown and Wilson? That's 12 players right there that all would have been Jets starters, not a single current Jet being able to push those guys out of the way if on the same roster.

Had the Jets treated Sanchez with the same level of competent support as Manning and then he looked like crap I'd agree with you, kick him out the door. They didn't come close. Don't even mention Eli in these parts. Just amplifies the tragedy of Sanchez.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez is Bad .. M'kay ...

Translation: Mark Sanchez' 5 turnovers didn't lead to a single point against
    SAR I
    No credit to the defense for preventing points after the 5 turnovers??
    Tenn had only 12 first downs
    Tenn punted 10 times
    In your mind, 14 points is unacceptable despite being 6 points below league average ....despite handing Tenn 5 extra possessions ???
    I get it, scoring 10 points is acceptable....giving up 14 is unacceptable.
    Pitch a shut out or lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    No credit to the defense for preventing points after the 5 turnovers??
    Tenn had only 12 first downs
    Tenn punted 10 times
    In your mind, 14 points is unacceptable despite being 6 points below league average ....despite handing Tenn 5 extra possessions ???
    I get it, scoring 10 points is acceptable....giving up 14 is unacceptable.
    Pitch a shut out or lose?
    exactly this. to say the defense doesn't try is just either trying to stir the pot or just not bright. A level-headed person who looks at all the facts before making statements (like one should) would never say the Jets defense is the problem or doesn't play hard.