Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Francesa is SPOT ON Today

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is amazing.

SAR is to Mark Sanchez what gcherd was the Chad Pennington. The only difference is when gcherd said he wanted Chad to f*ck his mouth, he was kidding.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The offense in 2011 and 2012 not only had inferior playmakers but also had some of the worst playcalling from the worst offensive coordinators in Jets history. How soon you forget.

The defense didn't fail because of turnovers. The defense fails because they don't play hard, they're a bunch of indulged spoiled brats who have a head coach telling them how great they are after they give a half-assed effort. The defense hasn't made a 4th quarter game-winning killer stop in two years. The defense lets elite teams run and throw all over them. We are 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010.

The quarterback is being asked to throw up to 45 times a game because we have no running game. "We're going to win on defense and ground & pound" said Rex Ryan. Oh really? Because when your defense puts us in a 0-14 hole and the running back can't move the rock, your quarterback has to throw 50 times to playmakers that aren't here and he's going to get sacked, he's going to fumble, and he's going to get picked off.

And Eli Manning? How dare you. The Giants took Eli and then committed to offense. Toomer, Hilliard, Burress, Hixon, Smith, Manningam, Nicks, and Cruz are all huge PLAYMAKERS at WR. And all had no less than 3 seasons each with Manning to bond and develop. Should I mention Kevin Gilbride? Running backs like Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown and Wilson? That's 12 players right there that all would have been Jets starters, not a single current Jet being able to push those guys out of the way if on the same roster.

Had the Jets treated Sanchez with the same level of competent support as Manning and then he looked like crap I'd agree with you, kick him out the door. They didn't come close. Don't even mention Eli in these parts. Just amplifies the tragedy of Sanchez.

SAR I
    +1.

I'm just not sure the old Mark can be salvaged from the wreckage this team has become. That fumbling, stumbling, throwing into line-men's arms ghost I saw this year seems too far gone. He mentally checked out a long time ago.
    He was going through the motions, horribly.
    Rex and Tanny ruined him.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should be good listening to Mike abuse Rex over the tattoo incident. Its a must listen.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems we just need to kick Tebow out the door, get a decent OC in here along w a offensive minded new GM and maybe the old mark can return

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

REX RYAN LAME DUCK AS PER NY MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Tune in, he is killing the Jets and rightfully so.
    ..Is there an advantage to a GM keeping Ryan?
    Look at it this way: All the focus will be on Ryan in a lame-duck season, which gives the GM a one-year grace period to get his program in place while Ryan takes the lumps. In effect, Ryan would be running interference for his new boss, much the way Tannenbaum must have envisioned Vlad Ducasse would do for Mark Sanchez. After one year, Ryan will be gone, unless he somehow gets the Jets into the playoffs, which is about as likely Bill Belichick going into the Hall of Fame as a Jet.

Itís just hard to make it work when the GM and coach have different agendas: The GM will have a two- to three-year plan and Ryan needs to win now. It will be a shotgun wedding and those never last long.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2H1FSqso7

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    It seems we just need to kick Tebow out the door, get a decent OC in here along w a offensive minded new GM and maybe the old mark can return
    You do make the connection why the Jets hired Sporano in the first place??? The QB is wildly inaccurate and the team attempted to compensate with a run game that would take the ball out of the wildly inaccurate QB's hands. All the team needed was a game manager, not a turnover machine on the few passes they allowed him to attempt. Now you want the team to build around the wildly inaccurate passer?? A career 55% passer??
    11 out of the 12 playoff QBs are 59.7% passers or better. Only Luck has a lower % than Sanchez....but 10 more passing TDs.
    Sanchez has had 4 years to improve, to mature. At some point his defenders have to ask themselves....What does Sanchez do well? Accuracy? Leadership? Athleticism? Time to face the truth.....which is what the Jets must do this off season and cut bait with the guy. As far as the coach with the Sanchez tattoo who stated that he liked his trio of QBs better than any group in the NFL.....they need to cut bait with this delusional caricature of a human that failed to recognize that following his poppa's brash template of NFL coaching is a ticket to inevitable failure. Buddy crashed, his brother is about to get ejected, and if the Jets were smart, Rex will join them soon.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The offense in 2011 and 2012 not only had inferior playmakers but also had some of the worst playcalling from the worst offensive coordinators in Jets history. How soon you forget.

The defense didn't fail because of turnovers. The defense fails because they don't play hard, they're a bunch of indulged spoiled brats who have a head coach telling them how great they are after they give a half-assed effort. The defense hasn't made a 4th quarter game-winning killer stop in two years. The defense lets elite teams run and throw all over them. We are 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010.

The quarterback is being asked to throw up to 45 times a game because we have no running game. "We're going to win on defense and ground & pound" said Rex Ryan. Oh really? Because when your defense puts us in a 0-14 hole and the running back can't move the rock, your quarterback has to throw 50 times to playmakers that aren't here and he's going to get sacked, he's going to fumble, and he's going to get picked off.

And Eli Manning? How dare you. The Giants took Eli and then committed to offense. Toomer, Hilliard, Burress, Hixon, Smith, Manningam, Nicks, and Cruz are all huge PLAYMAKERS at WR. And all had no less than 3 seasons each with Manning to bond and develop. Should I mention Kevin Gilbride? Running backs like Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown and Wilson? That's 12 players right there that all would have been Jets starters, not a single current Jet being able to push those guys out of the way if on the same roster.

Had the Jets treated Sanchez with the same level of competent support as Manning and then he looked like crap I'd agree with you, kick him out the door. They didn't come close. Don't even mention Eli in these parts. Just amplifies the tragedy of Sanchez.

SAR I

I feel Sanchez wouldn't have made Victor Cruz the player he has become, and what happened to those great playmakers Jacobs and Manningham when they went to an already great team with a dominant run game?

Manning elevates the play of those around him, Sanchez needs the talent around him to elevate his own game. They are apples and oranges.

And I don't discount how bad Schitty and Sparano have been, but ask a Giant fan what they think of Kevin Killdrive....

They drafted Sanchez to be a leader and a player who makes those around him better, there is no argument that could be made to say he was successful at that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you listen to Fatcessa for more than 5 minutes you should qualify for some form of government aid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Superstar View Post
    If you listen to Fatcessa for more than 5 minutes you should qualify for some form of government aid.
    Most Francesa fans are actually on unemployment or welfare. I know guys who have been on unemployment for a long time all they do is fawn over Fatcessa and his self-important narcisssistic garbage from 1-6:30. If you work a real job with real hours maybe you listen to him from 5-6PM driving home stuck in traffic. If you're smart you're listening to Sirius or ESPN or music.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-05-2013 at 02:59 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Sounds like a plan - minus Mark. I think we need to completely clean house at QB. Sign a vet like Garrard, Young or Henne and draft a QB somewhere in day 1.