Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa is SPOT ON Today

Jets Insider VIP
    How come we don't have the word KILLING in the title, as is par for the course these days?

It's hilarious to me that there's fans who love when fans of other teams blast their own team.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    despite their awful QB. You can spin this any way you want...

SAR I
    I don't need to spin it. You just said it.

We have to win despite our awful QB.

Thank you.

The worst QB of the last 4 years. Inaccurate. Dispassionate. Pouty and immature. A Turnover machine.

Enough.

Fire Rex, fine. I'm ambivalent.

But I am not ambivalent about Mark Sanchez. One of the worst #1 QB's in new York Jets history, who almost single handedly ruined an otherwise possabillity-laden 4-year period with his utter, horrific, failure.

I'll say it again, you can fire anyone you like.....as long as Sanchez follows them out the door.

Veteran
    Hey Mike how about ripping into the Giants for once. They collapsed with more talent than the Jets. As Jet fans most of us knew that we were a 6-8 win team going in. The Giants with there talent were a 10 win team minimum.

The Giants should be the real story here in regard to football not front office follies. So Fatcesa how about some equal time of bashing.... Oh not might not be good for ratings.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I don't need to spin it. You just said it.

We have to win despite our awful QB.

Thank you.

The worst QB of the last 4 years. Inaccurate. Dispassionate. Pouty and immature. A Turnover machine.

Enough.

Fire Rex, fine. I'm ambivalent.

But I am not ambivalent about Mark Sanchez. One of the worst #1 QB's in new York Jets history, who almost single handedly ruined an otherwise possabillity-laden 4-year period with his utter, horrific, failure.

I'll say it again, you can fire anyone you like.....as long as Sanchez follows them out the door.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Cowher's not coming here.
    FOR SALE:

Set of 4 tickets to see the Jets play the Pittsburgh Steelers, MetLife Stadium, October 10, 2013 at 1PM.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Hey Mike how about ripping into the Giants for once. They collapsed with more talent than the Jets. As Jet fans most of us knew that we were a 6-8 win team going in. The Giants with there talent were a 10 win team minimum.

The Giants should be the real story here in regard to football not front office follies. So Fatcesa how about some equal time of bashing.... Oh not might not be good for ratings.
    Because this is way more interesting and is drawing in the listeners today for him, he is a business man folks, get it?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Baa! Humbug! The Fatman is a Giant lover & JET hatet & never has anything good to say about the JETs.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets a lead in Tennessee in the 3rd quarter.

Lol. I knew this was all shtick. There is no way you are serious with giving him credit for the Tenn game

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Really, one second he is bad mouthing him, like he ever excelled in sports or coaching, the next he is saying he will get a HC job and that's why he wouldn't stay as DC. Stick to your stats and facts Mike thats what the fat and dorky kids do that suck at dodgeball.

This morning on Boomer & Carton, Carton was begging for Cowher (who wouldn't) and Esiason did not spit out his usual "I know Bill and he's not going to coach again" line.

Hmm. Looks like I'm going to all 10 Jets home games next season after all.

SAR I
    If Cowher wanted the Job, there would be no reason for Woody to hire that head hunting firm. Hed simply need to write a big fat check.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Lol. I knew this was all shtick. There is no way you are serious with giving him credit for the Tenn game
    We had a third quarter lead. The defense gave up a 95 yard TD on 1 play and then an answer-back 65 yard TD on a dozen. The defense lost that game, not Mark Sanchez. Mark doesn't fumble or throw last-gasp picks with 2:00 on the clock because the game would have been in the bag by then.

The season was lost when the defense blew it in New England. Mark Sanchez' best game, played great, gave us an unexpected lead with 90 seconds left, the defense blew it, twice.

That win gives Mark confidence, the defense certainly doesn't lose 30-9 to Miami's backup the next week heading into the bye. There's a moment every season where a team's fate hinges; the loss at New England is it for the 2012 Jets and Rex Ryan's overrated and overcomplimented defense is to blame.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Because this is way more interesting and is drawing in the listeners today for him, he is a business man folks, get it?
    And that is exactly it folks. Talking about the Giants won't get ratings. This draws viewers, he thrives for this.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    If Cowher wanted the Job, there would be no reason for Woody to hire that head hunting firm. Hed simply need to write a big fat check.
    It's all a clandestine operation, a distraction technique, sort of like the Secret Wildcat Offense we developed in Cortland and sprung on the NFL in September.

SAR I

It's all a clandestine operation, a distraction technique, sort of like the Secret Wildcat Offense we developed in Cortland and sprung on the NFL in September.

SAR I
    Good one Sar!

Maybe so.

But the New England, Miami, and Tennessee games were all wins turned into losses by the defense.

And had we won those three games, perhaps the back-to-back 0-3 finishes never happen and we beat the likes of San Diego and Buffalo too. How quickly a little defense goes to turn 6-10 into 11-5.

We're built to win on defense. You start there.

SAR I
    If Sanchez doesn't commit so many turnovers early in those games maybe we have bigger leads and win those games? Sanchez is a career backup from this point on.

Veteran
    he does have a point about the fact the a GM and a coach need to have a similar vision. A new GM and a lame duck coach have different approaches to this upcoming season. Unless Rex is given an extension how can you expect him to buy into a plan and win next year.

Cowher is overrated and he wants to coach the giants not the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    he does have a point about the fact the a GM and a coach need to have a similar vision. A new GM and a lame duck coach have different approaches to this upcoming season. Unless Rex is given an extension how can you expect him to buy into a plan and win next year.
    The Bears did the same thing this year and won 10 games. So don't tell me that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The Bears did the same thing this year and won 10 games. So don't tell me that.
    and Lovie got fired...

they Also had a legit qb, rb, defense and added an all pro wr. you better win 10 games