Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Jets Fight Back Against the Media; Beat Writers Not Too Happy

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mehta is mad b/c the Jets exposed him as a fraud on a national stage. That's why he's going crazy right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any Jets person I can follow on twitter who isn't a whiny *****?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Any idea if the jets beat writers have accounts on JI? Hmm?
    they probably have numerous accounts. Only way to explain the masses that argue what they write verbatim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    Is there any Jets person I can follow on twitter who isn't a whiny *****?
    No.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now...the NYJ have a lot more serious matters to focus on, then the ranting wants of rag writers that cover them.

You simply take the personal foul penalty for dumping on the defenseless media whiners, and the $60,000 fine that goes with it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    they probably have numerous accounts. Only way to explain the masses that argue what they write verbatim.
    Agreed, I would like to have an intelligent discussion with any of them on here, if that's possible

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleacher stock just went up in my book.

Rex should show up in Thailand and announce a press conference in 1 hour at 3pm Thailand time. And invite only non-English speaking local reporters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    can we cut beat writers????

I really don't get how cimini and mehta still have jobs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan's mini-vacation took him to... the Bahamas, per Dead Spin. #nyj

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets are, in fact, in violation of NFL media policy re: head coach availability after season, per document sent to me by Greg Aiello #nyj
    LMAO. "Greg told me!!1111" This guy's such a tool and attention whore.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyNYJets View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan's mini-vacation took him to... the Bahamas, per Dead Spin. #nyj
    the idiot probably purposely misspelled "Dead Spin" to act like he's never heard of them.

It's tough when a website that doesn't cover the Jets exclusively does your job better than you Manish.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    LMAO. "Greg told me!!1111" This guy's such a tool and attention whore.
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Per @GregAiello, there is no rule that requires a head coach to speak within a week after the season ends. Will continue checking though

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've gone back and forth with Hubbich and Jane M. on Twitter about this. When you ask them if quoting an "NFL source" about the "thoughts" of a coach, with no further attribution or evidence, is legitimate journalism, they clam up.

The NYDN is responsible for this sad state of affairs, and if the jackals and hyenas who are done gorging themselves on Tanny's carcass don't have anything else to eat, why don't they go after their competitors,

Manish and Myers?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Per @GregAiello, there is no rule that requires a head coach to speak within a week after the season ends. Will continue checking though
    Bravo Glauber! If this is true, these d-bags are gonna have to eat crow!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Here's the problem. I don't think that fans and the media aren't obligated to anything.

Fans whine because they pay money to go to games. Here's a thought. DON'T PAY MONEY TO GO TO GAMES. YOU pay the money. It's YOUR fault.

Media just want a byline.
    Media need bylines, that's how they stay employed. Granted, there's better ways to go about it than some of these clowns do, but that's still a fundamental part of what their employers require of them.

Fans do pay money, as you pointed out. Yes, there are a lot of questions with Tannenbaum gone and searching for a new GM, but Rex should have at least addressed a few of them. I'm glad he got to go on vacation at least, he needs one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Could you imagine if these ragtag crew of beat "writers" had to cover the Fort Knox Patriots?
    Once Belichick has back to back seasons without making the playoffs the vultures up here will swarm. They hate that he won't include them in anything unless it is the league specified minimum.

Right now the media is cowered as every time they criticize him, fans call and press them on it. They actually complain on air that every time the team is criticized, that the fans call and don't want to hear it.

The media will say don't you want to know about such and such and fans will say no, and that the games are the only thing that matters. Francessca is immune but the rest of them are not.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just in from the J&J HQ , Mr Woody Johnson just informed the NFL offices in NY that he will be happy to pay the 50 cent per day fine for the shear enjoyment of watching the local media squirm like the vermin they are.
    To show his appreciation for all the Jets fans, he would like to pass along this update on the current situation.

" To my great sadness the Jets really sucked this year. I am totally disappointed in the product that was put on the field and our fans deserves better.
    Thus the letting go of Mike and the search for a new GM. When that search is completed and that person hired and after time to put together a plan for the coming season well will give you more information.

In the future we will no longer be dealing with the local press, but directly with our fan base thru the Internet and the local Jets forums. Fans will be able to access all press ( now called fan ) conferences and ask questions to coaches and players directly.

In closing I would like to thank all the beat reporters for all the crap they have dropped on this team over the years. It's that crap that had lead us to this new wonderful way of showing its our fans that are important and not sell newspapers or promoting local media.
    In short u can now all go be giant beat writers and write how great and wonderful they are and basically go ****' yourselves.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Once Belichick has back to back seasons without making the playoffs the vultures up here will swarm. They hate that he won't include them in anything unless it is the league specified minimum.
    I wish the someone in the Jets FO had the balls to do this.

Sure, the league media policy requires them to provide access. But all they need to do is provide the league minimum.

Does ESPN really need two reporters (Cimini and Jane) covering the Jets? Can't the Jets pull the credentials of one of them?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets are, in fact, in violation of NFL media policy re: head coach availability after season, per document sent to me by Greg Aiello #nyj
    Mehta is such a loser and this is a perfect example of fabricated controversy: the Jets are NOT in violation of the NFL media policy UNLESS they don't make the coach available by Friday. As per Fatcessa a little while ago, Rex is scheduled to be available to press on Friday afternoon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The New York Media is Scum. **** um'.

As I've said for year, their business is not informing us Fans. It never was.

Do not trust them. They are not your friend. Even if they **** on a guy you agree should be **** on, they are the enemy.

They win when you are mad enough to not just read, but want to respond, to what they say. They get paid more when you click their articles more. Their career path is better the angrier they make you.

Notice, nowhere in there is it a benefit for them to inform you better or more accurately.

They're alot like some posters we could mention. They might even be Jets Fans of a sort, but their real pleasure is pissing you off and profiting from it.

Remember that the next time one quotes an "unnamed Jets source". There is no repurcussion or independant verification when they make up a quote from thin air. None.

Do YOU really trust these guys "journalistic" ethics?

I sure as **** don't.
    Yeah def sounds like some posters on this board. Not to name any names but it rhymes with CAR.