Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Jets Fight Back Against the Media; Beat Writers Not Too Happy

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Once Belichick has back to back seasons without making the playoffs the vultures up here will swarm. They hate that he won't include them in anything unless it is the league specified minimum.
    I actually love the Belichick press conferences lol - it's like Chauncey Gardner running an NFL team. The sports press has, in general, gotten too big - too many hours to fill, too many mouths to feed, too much content to press.

All League
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets plan to interview bill parcells friday for HC postion per unnamed source #nyj #attentionwhore

@MMehtaNYDN: Vinny Testeverde seen around Jets facility, sources tell me he will sign a 1 yr deal vet min #nyj #byesanchez

i can be mehta too
    Last edited by JerseyJet80; 01-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.

All Pro
    this just in

the league office is fining JI for being unavailable also

server is busy please try again later - not an acceptable excuse

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I find the Jets giving the media the middle finger to be absolutely hilarious.

ROFLMAO

This just gave me an idea...

Since I consider myself the loudest in my disdain for the media and have all year, today's events and this article has been absolute HEAVEN.

It's finally happening, these hacks are being exposed for the pathetic clowns they are, and some fans are starting to realize that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It's not like the Jets are holding up a press conference on the cure for cancer.

Can someone with a Twatter account please tweet Mehta to STFU?
    I do it all the time, I've already been blocked by Mehta and Dan Leberfeld!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets plan to interview bill parcells friday for HC postion per unnamed source #nyj #attentionwhore

@MMehtaNYDN: Vinny Testeverde seen around Jets facility, sources tell me he will sign a 1 yr deal vet min #nyj #byesanchez

i can be mehta too
    At first I was like
    but then

You reap what you sow.

The JETS present themselves as open and willing to talk smack all day, every day, so when they do an about face this is what you get.

The media IS the voice of the fans. After the disgusting way the this current JET organization lies to its knowledgable fan base they deserve every negative thing written about them.

FN hilarious "JETS fight back against the media"

Where were the JET players when we wanted them to fight against the oponent?

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The media IS the voice of the fans.
    The **** they are.

I, and my fellow fans, have our own voices. We use them here, and elsewhere.

We don't need them to speak for us. We barely need them to report the facts these days, tbqh.

Thanks be for the Internet.

All League
    The media IS the voice of the fans.
    thats a bs statement

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The **** they are.

We don't need them to speak for us. We barely need them to report the facts these days, tbqh.

If it is not for the media in this country the citizens have much less of a voice.

Like them or not, they are a neccessity. If not for them, there would be less change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the media fine...............

what about the fans? there are many of us who invest alot of money into this organization.

so basically they are ignoring us too?

dont we deserve to know whats going on?
    You're 100% correct.

And that's the stated purpose behind the NFL policy that teams make their GM, coach and/or owner available for a press conference no later than the week after their last game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I do it all the time, I've already been blocked by Mehta and Dan Leberfeld!
    There's some shocking news right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Rex is in the Bahamas decompressing. I think Tuesdays presser will be the same as all the rest. Only difference is that this year he is taking his time. He will go right back to being a buffoon and golden material for the media.

Nothing is changing. The Jets arent taking a stand. They will go right back to being an open door circus in their quest to win the back page.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets are, in fact, in violation of NFL media policy re: head coach availability after season, per document sent to me by Greg Aiello #nyj

Manish is either incapable of reading or a liar.

The NFL's 2012 Media Policy says the following:

SEASON-ENDING NEWS CONFERENCE/OPEN LOCKER ROOM – Every team is required to 1) open its locker room for player interviews the day after the season ends and 2) hold a news conference during the week following the end of its season with its head coach, and/or owner, and/or club president, and/or general manager. The purpose is to respond to fan interest in the conclusion of the team’s season.
    (Page 7 of the linked PDF)

So:

1) Only one of Rex, Woody, a new GM, or the club president have to appear at a news conference this week

2) The Jets haven't violated the policy because the week is not over. They could schedule a news conference Saturday morning and still be compliant.

I am so glad the Jets are stiffing the media. I hope in next week's presser Rex gives them nothing. simple "yes" "no" answers. just because cimini, mehta, et al. work in the biggest media market doesn't make them good "journalists." In fact, you can see their loss of integrity in their stories with each passing week.

These hacks are horrendous and they will spin it their way regardless of what Rex says next week. horsesht

If it is not for the media in this country the citizens have much less of a voice.

Like them or not, they are a neccessity. If not for them, there would be less change.
    The media is necessary, but these guys are supposed to report the news first as beat writers. too much speculation on their part with no proof too many times. first amendment gets abused too often these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The **** they are.

I still have him blocked but you're talking to someone who holds that very same stance politically. At least when it comes to Fox.

You're right though. We don't need beat reporters for anything... The best way to conduct interviews/pressers would be to Skype with fans or something along those lines... Come to a site like this and grab ten posters, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    Is there any Jets person I can follow on twitter who isn't a whiny *****?
    Glauber, McManus, Dyer

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Manish is either incapable of reading or a liar.

The NFL's 2012 Media Policy says the following:

(Page 7 of the linked PDF)

So:

1) Only one of Rex, Woody, a new GM, or the club president have to appear at a news conference this week

2) The Jets haven't violated the policy because the week is not over. They could schedule a news conference Saturday morning and still be compliant.
    It would appear that they plan on violating it since they announced a press conference for next Tuesday.

I suppose they could change that and stay compliant. I wonder what the sanction is.

Veteran

But does that give them the right to go so far as to make up nonsense?