Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 139

Thread: New York Jets Fight Back Against the Media; Beat Writers Not Too Happy

  1. #101
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's said "document" sent to me. But whatever. And as it turns out he was right.
    No he wasn't... Glauber showed that he was wrong and someone else showed that they didn't violate the nfl policy...

  2. #102
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You reap what you sow.

    The JETS present themselves as open and willing to talk smack all day, every day, so when they do an about face this is what you get.

    The media IS the voice of the fans. After the disgusting way the this current JET organization lies to its knowledgable fan base they deserve every negative thing written about them.

    FN hilarious "JETS fight back against the media"

    Where were the JET players when we wanted them to fight against the oponent?
    They are not my voice. 25 years ago maybe. These forums are reviewed, STHs send emails. Press conferences are shown live or can be heard live on the web. At least they can no longer take what is said out of context.

  3. #103
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,279
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #104
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    That **** was cold. **** him.

    Why is it that every ex-Jet feels the need to pile on?

  5. #105
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    That **** was cold. **** him.

    Why is it that every ex-Jet feels the need to pile on?
    I was saying the same thing. He was liked by Fans always produced. He may still be Butt hurt Mangini didn't like him for his 3-4 scheme

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    No he wasn't... Glauber showed that he was wrong and someone else showed that they didn't violate the nfl policy...
    Glauber corrected it.

    @BobGlauber: Ok, final answer on media policy: Yes, head coach and/or GM and/or team owner must have presser within week after end of season. #jetsbusted


    @DWAZ73: @AP: #Jets violate NFL media policy. http://t.co/uRojfAIE

  7. #107
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    You are 100% correct. Now lets see if the organization can hold this newly formed set of balls and keep up the silent treatment
    What if ,and it would not be the first time,Woody and Rex were not aware of the league rules. Probably Tanny took care of organizing everything these clowns did.

  8. #108
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    What if ,and it would not be the first time,Woody and Rex were not aware of the league rules. Probably Tanny took care of organizing everything these clowns did.
    I would hope Bruce Speight the PR guy for the Jets knows about this

  9. #109
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media IS the voice of the fans.

    I don't need a bunch of hacks to be my voice. How to think or what to say like some sheep to follow an opinion no more valid or informed then the next smuck.

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    This would be hilarious. And was that a "Chasing Amy" reference?


    And yep.

  11. #111
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's said "document" sent to me. But whatever. And as it turns out he was right.
    No, CMart, it didn't. I posted the policy.

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Glauber corrected it.

    @BobGlauber: Ok, final answer on media policy: Yes, head coach and/or GM and/or team owner must have presser within week after end of season. #jetsbusted


    @DWAZ73: @AP: #Jets violate NFL media policy. http://t.co/uRojfAIE
    and/or team president.

    And it has not yet been a week since the end of the season.

    So yes, the Jets would be in violation if they don't hold a press conference with one of the above before Sunday.

    But no, they haven't violated the media policy yet

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    That **** was cold. **** him.

    Why is it that every ex-Jet feels the need to pile on?
    Thank you!!!

    Maybe it is because they deserve it!

    Some of these threads and posts defending the JETS and their font office and putting the entire blame on the media and former players are boarderline delusional.

    At the very least, these former players and beat writers try to make the people in charge of this mess accountable and expose them to make the JETS better.

    Rex and Woody NOT speaking after smack talking to the point where many believed it was detrimental to the team's success for the past 4 years is a slap in the face to every JETS fan.

  14. #114
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They are not my voice. 25 years ago maybe. These forums are reviewed, STHs send emails. Press conferences are shown live or can be heard live on the web. At least they can no longer take what is said out of context.
    Yes, the media is not any of our opinions or thoughts but they are the voice that asks the questions that lead to making change. Maybe they are not all the questions you want to be asked, but the average fan does not get to ask Rex or Woody the questions that need to be answered.

    Without the media, all we would get are even more canned answers from the FO about how great it is to be in JETS land without any real pressure to get it done.

    I am for every beat writer trying to expose the JETS for the mess that they are whether it is Rex and Woody,or Leon Hess and Kotite. It is the media that puts pressure on them to make change where it is needed
    Last edited by copernicus; 01-03-2013 at 07:41 AM.

  15. #115
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has taken 3 years for Rex and the Jets to figure out that you give the media NOTHING. Muzzle this soap opera now and enroll in Belichick Media Relations 101.

    No direct responses
    "What is in the best interests of the team" standard answers
    Only praise players
    Take personal responsibility for failures

    No controversies ever get created from a BB presser....therefore reporters have given up even pressing him on anything other than the business of football. Its boring....but winning isn't. The formula is simple....don't help create distractions....a simple rule the Jets need to adhere to. And if you haven't noticed, the Pats players adhere to the party line with precision....led by Brady who sets the tone. There is a lot more to professional football than Xs and Os...and our neighbors up north have mastered how to eliminate the unnecessary crap that the Jets wallow in.

  16. #116
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    It has taken 3 years for Rex and the Jets to figure out that you give the media NOTHING. Muzzle this soap opera now and enroll in Belichick Media Relations 101.

    No direct responses
    "What is in the best interests of the team" standard answers
    Only praise players
    Take personal responsibility for failures

    No controversies ever get created from a BB presser....therefore reporters have given up even pressing him on anything other than the business of football. Its boring....but winning isn't. The formula is simple....don't help create distractions....a simple rule the Jets need to adhere to. And if you haven't noticed, the Pats players adhere to the party line with precision....led by Brady who sets the tone. There is a lot more to professional football than Xs and Os...and our neighbors up north have mastered how to eliminate the unnecessary crap that the Jets wallow in.
    Many of us thought we had this in place. Our former HC was young but stern and no nonsense. It appeared that very good players like D'Brick, Mangold, Brad Smith, and Cotchery followed his lead and genuinely liked playing for him. The team seemed to be headed in the right direction with a few bumps in the road but nothing that couldnt be over come with patience and hard work, two qualities the HC had going for him.

    Many of us also think that our owner got greedy and wanted the headlines. So instead of being patient and fully developing a QB taken in the second round the owner wanted to make a big splash. He forced a trade that put our young but stern and no nonsense HC in a bad position having to coach a future HOF QB that was refusing to retire. When that didnt work the owner fired the young but stern and no nonsense and hired a loud boisterous HC that put the JETS on the back page with some early success on the field. But the act started to wear thin and other stunts (Tebow, Hard Knocks, etc) were brought in to hide the short comings.

    This sad story will continue as long as the current owner is in place.

  17. #117
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    and/or team president.

    And it has not yet been a week since the end of the season.

    So yes, the Jets would be in violation if they don't hold a press conference with one of the above before Sunday.

    But no, they haven't violated the media policy yet
    Sigh.

  18. #118
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Yes, the media is not any of our opinions or thoughts but they are the voice that asks the questions that lead to making change. Maybe they are not all the questions you want to be asked, but the average fan does not get to ask Rex or Woody the questions that need to be answered.

    Without the media, all we would get are even more canned answers from the FO about how great it is to be in JETS land without any real pressure to get it done.

    I am for every beat writer trying to expose the JETS for the mess that they are whether it is Rex and Woody,or Leon Hess and Kotite. It is the media that puts pressure on them to make change where it is needed
    I can't agree. What honest questions do we need answered that we can't see by the performance on the field and actions taken by the HC, GM and Owner.

    Their actions supply the only true answers.

    Everything else is BS anyway - it's not like either the media or the HC,GM and Owners are compelled in any way to tell the truth anymore.

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sigh.
    CMart - that's the reality. Come Sunday, if no relevant executive has been made available, the Jets will be in violation of the NFL's media policy. Until then, there's no violation. Not sure what you want, here.

  20. #120
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Many of us thought we had this in place. Our former HC was young but stern and no nonsense. It appeared that very good players like D'Brick, Mangold, Brad Smith, and Cotchery followed his lead and genuinely liked playing for him. The team seemed to be headed in the right direction with a few bumps in the road but nothing that couldnt be over come with patience and hard work, two qualities the HC had going for him.

    Many of us also think that our owner got greedy and wanted the headlines. So instead of being patient and fully developing a QB taken in the second round the owner wanted to make a big splash. He forced a trade that put our young but stern and no nonsense HC in a bad position having to coach a future HOF QB that was refusing to retire. When that didnt work the owner fired the young but stern and no nonsense and hired a loud boisterous HC that put the JETS on the back page with some early success on the field. But the act started to wear thin and other stunts (Tebow, Hard Knocks, etc) were brought in to hide the short comings.

    This sad story will continue as long as the current owner is in place.
    Ah, I got you - you're still upset about the Mangini firing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us