Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are things going to get worse before they get better?

Are things going to get worse before they get better?

Hi all, long time reader but this is my first post. I'm sure I'll get dumped on for posting this but I just read this article and it really hit home with me. This will be the biggest embarrassment in Jets history. And we all know the odds are very high that it will happen....

"The Jets and Giants will be hosting the Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium next year. The AFC team will practice at the Jets facility; the NFC club will be at the Giants facility. There have been a lot of low points in Jets history, but if the Patriots are in Super Bowl XLVIII and Belichick has the run of Gang Green’s headquarters in Florham Park, the Jets might as well just cease operations."

Yes, I do believe things will get worse but not much. However, Despite the doom and gloom feeling after a colossal failure of a season, we are still not that far off from winning again. If everything goes close to perfect (which it won't) I am optimistic that we can have a 8-8 season next year and then a 10-6 return to the playoffs the year after IF we hire Gamble/Turner or Ross/Turner and have two good drafts and make the right moves. We need to start over at the QB position with either trading back and getting Aaron Murray or pick up Matt Moore for a bridge qb. Murray gives us a hope for a bright future and Matt makes a competitive team for the immediate future while waiting for the RIGHT QB.

The night is darkest just before the dawn. I promise you......the dawn is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Hi all, long time reader but this is my first post. I'm sure I'll get dumped on for posting this but I just read this article and it really hit home with me. This will be the biggest embarrassment in Jets history. And we all know the odds are very high that it will happen....

"The Jets and Giants will be hosting the Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium next year. The AFC team will practice at the Jets facility; the NFC club will be at the Giants facility. There have been a lot of low points in Jets history, but if the Patriots are in Super Bowl XLVIII and Belichick has the run of Gang Green’s headquarters in Florham Park, the Jets might as well just cease operations."
    The team may lose more games next year, but NO things won't be worse. This year was a perfect storm of disasters.

Next year if the Jets lose 13 or 14 games we'll all be okay with it understanding the circumstances. Just lose with some class and we'll be fine going into 2014

You asked will it get worse before it gets better?

Well, it depends on what your idea of better is. The season will go on before the SB at Metlife. The Jets will be a better team next season. With a new GM you can count on that. How much better remains to be seen.

But I also doubt the Patsies will be there either. The Patsies are an incomplete team. They are a Marty Schottenheimer special. They win a ton of games during the regular season then they fold up like a llawn chair in the playoffs. I can't see them making it out of the AFC this season. They can't play defense to save their lives.

So with that said, I wouldn't sweat something like that. It's only COMPLETE teams that get to the SB. The Patsies clearly are NOT.

As long as Rex is gone, it will get better. If not in games won, than in the knowledge that we're rebuilding this franchise with a new GM's vision.

If Rex is still our HC, then--IMO--it will be worse. Only because we will have thrown away another year before the team hires a new HC and we have moved on from this mess.

Jets Insider VIP

LOL

Can't imagine the graffiti in the meeting's room, bathrooms...etc

"For a Pick 6, call 212 555 MARK"
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 01-03-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Well, it depends on what your idea of better is. The season will go on before the SB at Metlife. The Jets will be a better team next season. With a new GM you can count on that. How much better remains to be seen.

But I also doubt the Patsies will be there either. The Patsies are an incomplete team. They are a Marty Schottenheimer special. They win a ton of games during the regular season then they fold up like a llawn chair in the playoffs. I can't see them making it out of the AFC this season. They can't play defense to save their lives.

So with that said, I wouldn't sweat something like that. It's only COMPLETE teams that get to the SB. The Patsies clearly are NOT.
    They were in the Super Bowl last year???

All Pro
    YES!

The new GM will spend most of 2013 blowing up the roster to make a run in 2014 and beyond. Very possible we could finish with a worse record next year. It isn't necessarily a bad thing (Suck for Clowney 2013) LOL

Veteran
    I did read that snippet this morning Captain Obvious ...

Hopefully Woody reads it and pulls out all the stops to make sure it does not happen. This far away from next year's SB, the Pats would already have to be one of the favorites ...

For me the Jets organization was way too smug with their back-to-back AFC title game appearances. If they are ever going to wake up and think long term not short term this might be the catalyst.

There are no quick fixes, You can have HOF football coaches leading your team but without a top five QB and some talent around him, you are not going to win it all (with the way quarterbacks are protected in this league).

The Jets should take a leaf out of the Redskin's newly discovered draft philosophy; draft several qbs a year until they hit the jackpot. Until that time they will be forever an after note in the NFL.
    Last edited by Gangrene; 01-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

We will get better if Sanchez learns how to hold on the ball and not throw picks.

NE has Brady and a dynamic offense and will go deep into the playoffs every year until that changes. He caries the team much like Peyton does.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The night is darkest just before the dawn. I promise you......the dawn is coming!
    "it's always darkest just before it's really, really, really dark."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL

Can't imagine the graffiti in the meeting's room, bathrooms...etc

"For a Pick 6, call 212 555 MARK"
    Imagine the doot Wilfork leaves behind.

All League
    i picked us to win 11 games this year so maybe i am not the one to ask....but since u kinda did....yes in terms of wins it will get worse....this is the worst i can remember since kotite years...

4-12 next year is my guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    i picked us to win 11 games this year so maybe i am not the one to ask....but since u kinda did....yes in terms of wins it will get worse....this is the worst i can remember since kotite years...

4-12 next year is my guess.
    I'll wait till the 53 man roster is made, GM chosen and HC changed or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Imagine the doot Wilfork leaves behind.

I'm guessing the Jets would pull a few stunts as well. Like the Dems stealing all the "W" caps off all the keyboards in the White House before GWB's first term.

For me, the thought of the Pats occupying our headquarters in Florham Park is the worst part. I guess I'll just hope that it doesn't play out that way.

I agree with the draft as many QB's until we get an elite one. Gotta have an elite QB to consistently compete in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    As long as Rex is gone, it will get better. If not in games won, than in the knowledge that we're rebuilding this franchise with a new GM's vision.

If Rex is still our HC, then--IMO--it will be worse. Only because we will have thrown away another year before the team hires a new HC and we have moved on from this mess.
    I think they are keeping Rex on as a fig leaf to help/distract/entertain during a really appalling get-out-of-hell year in 2013. The new GM can choose to "honor" the owner's statement about Rex and then ditch him after a year or if the new guy feels strongly enough then he can ditch Rex right away and put it down to a "difference in visions between the HC and GM".

Tanny was the 500LB steaming turd in the room and he is gone. Rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I think they are keeping Rex on as a fig leaf to help/distract/entertain during a really appalling get-out-of-hell year in 2013. The new GM can choose to "honor" the owner's statement about Rex and then ditch him after a year or if the new guy feels strongly enough then he can ditch Rex right away and put it down to a "difference in visions between the HC and GM".

Tanny was the 500LB steaming turd in the room and he is gone. Rejoice!
    I hope for the latter choice. The first one bothers me because I don't want the team to pitch away another year with Rex as a lame duck HC. Then, after we hire a new guy, we need to give him a few years leeway to install his system.

If the Jets find a way to dump Sanchez and get a half assed QB then it might not get worse. If they don't it will. It's aggravating that the Jets are stuck with my two least fav players on the team. Sanchez because he is just a horrible Qb and 'Tone'.