Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New York Jets Fight Back Against the Media; Beat Writers Not Too Happy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I can't agree. What honest questions do we need answered that we can't see by the performance on the field and actions taken by the HC, GM and Owner.

Their actions supply the only true answers.

Everything else is BS anyway - it's not like either the media or the HC,GM and Owners are compelled in any way to tell the truth anymore.
    Ok, but I think you are missing my point. The JETS are pretty much sold out and are making a profit for Woody. I think the JETS, like many NY teams, can lose and people will still pay the high prices for the game. Without the media's pressure on the JETS FO I dont think you have the changes as quickly as they would be if there were no media pressure.

Do you think Woody would have fired Tannenbaum if it were just on wins and losses alone without any negative articles written about the team?

I dont

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care I'd rather they do this and stick it to the media. After all all they have done this season is pick them apart. I hope Woody is behind this and said behind doors "don't worry, I'll cover all the fines". That would be the ultimate step in the right direction for Woody to get involved and actually NOT try to get in the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Ah, I got you - you're still upset about the Mangini firing.
    I am upset at the way the Mangini firing unfolded. Young and hungry GM and HC that take two OLmen with the top two picks sent a message that the JETS were going to take on a no frills/lunch pale/all for the team type characteristic and they did. They kept their mouths shut and let the play on the field speak for itself. It is a blue print for what I believe is success in so many parts of life.

I had a problem with the JETS firing Mangini. I believe he was a scapegoat. Thought he had so much potential but was not perfect. Any time you have the qualities of hard work, professionalism, and humility, it is a great blue print for long running success in so many parts of life.

The JETS replaced this blue print for success with a loud, braggadocios, blow hart, who spoke without class and put down the opponent. Not exactly the blue print for anything that leads to long running success

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the media fine...............

what about the fans? there are many of us who invest alot of money into this organization.

so basically they are ignoring us too?

dont we deserve to know whats going on?
    Not really. There are some things we just don't need to know or should even care about. Go pick up a copy of the National Enquirer to fill the void.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Ok, but I think you are missing my point. The JETS are pretty much sold out and are making a profit for Woody. I think the JETS, like many NY teams, can lose and people will still pay the high prices for the game. Without the media's pressure on the JETS FO I dont think you have the changes as quickly as they would be if there were no media pressure.

Do you think Woody would have fired Tannenbaum if it were just on wins and losses alone without any negative articles written about the team?

I dont
    I understand your point and it certainly makes sense when dealing with the government and public servants....

This is Football, it's entertainment. I don't think you give the fans enough credit - if there wasn't a daily news or WFAN there would be sites like this and other forums where the frustration of the fans would be heard.

As an example - Rex benched Sanchez at a home game - he knew the booing would be relentless and merciless if Sanchez came "Home" and started another game. That wasn't the media, it was the fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    CMart - that's the reality. Come Sunday, if no relevant executive has been made available, the Jets will be in violation of the NFL's media policy. Until then, there's no violation. Not sure what you want, here.
    No kidding. It's been stated everywhere. We all understand. No pressers have been scheduled except for next Tuesday. Everyone gets it that they can trot out Glat or woody/rex before then to comply.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I understand your point and it certainly makes sense when dealing with the government and public servants....

This is Football, it's entertainment. I don't think you give the fans enough credit - if there wasn't a daily news or WFAN there would be sites like this and other forums where the frustration of the fans would be heard.

As an example - Rex benched Sanchez at a home game - he knew the booing would be relentless and merciless if Sanchez came "Home" and started another game. That wasn't the media, it was the fans.
    I see your point but believe they play a important role. I dont think the owner would feel the pressure to change as much if the media did not ask questions. Even the ones that you or I might think is not important.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    this just in

the league office is fining JI for being unavailable also

server is busy please try again later - not an acceptable excuse
    Why don't you ask for your money back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an excellent article. Most of those jerks steal their stories from us anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets need the media and vice versus; however, when everything is negative it turns off the team and the fans.

I don't think it is all negative when I read the papers. I think depends on which paper you pick up. The Daily news is bad and so in Francessa on the radio. 98.7 FM radio station is very balanced and generally positive and objective.

I think when you have a QB like Sanchez coughing the ball up at the start of every game then a lot of the articles will be negative about that and it is justified.

All the bad press isn't a big deal IMO; we just need to turn our team around by making better decisions on personel going foward.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No kidding. It's been stated everywhere. We all understand. No pressers have been scheduled except for next Tuesday. Everyone gets it that they can trot out Glat or woody/rex before then to comply.
    Except you have Manish posting the following:

NYJ violating media policy! The HC must speak! (both of which are false), and the PFWA filing a complaint about a "violation" that hasn't actually happened yet. It's a mediocalypse of nonsense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

I dont
    What??
    So terrible drafting and ridiculous contracts are acceptable, but if the press notices, then that's fireable ??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except you have Manish posting the following:

NYJ violating media policy! The HC must speak! (both of which are false), and the PFWA filing a complaint about a "violation" that hasn't actually happened yet. It's a mediocalypse of nonsense.
    Enjoy your day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your day.
    You too. Hope the passive-aggressive stage you're going through wears off soon; it's kind of nice to have an intelligent conversation with people who disagree, and it's sad to see you've withdrawn so far from that process that you won't even explain that there's a disagreement (let alone why). But whatever works for you, CM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally these media scumbags are being exposed for the vile turds they are!

They are the ones who created this circus! The Jets haven't made it easy on themselves with the horrible decisions they have made, but it looks like Woody is waking up and getting his head out of his aS$ to make some moves to better the franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Finally these media scumbags are being exposed for the vile turds they are!

They are the ones who created this circus! The Jets haven't made it easy on themselves with the horrible decisions they have made, but it looks like Woody is waking up and getting his head out of his aS$ to make some moves to better the franchise.
    Yes, mostly if not all the media's fault. The JETS didnt beg be on Hard Knocks and invite ESPN to follow everything that related to Tebow. They also had no idea how much media attention the Tebow trade itself would bring. All the media's fault. Poor rex and Woody, they are innocent bystanders, if it werent for the media we could have won it all. Good Lord.............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why don't you ask for your money back.
    When Pats fan trolls and self-hating SOJFs are completely and permanently removed they may get something

till then not a shekel

who in their right mind would pay to read your uninformed BS
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your day.
    Not as catchy as "Good Grief", but kudos for trying.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    You too. Hope the passive-aggressive stage you're going through wears off soon; it's kind of nice to have an intelligent conversation with people who disagree, and it's sad to see you've withdrawn so far from that process that you won't even explain that there's a disagreement (let alone why). But whatever works for you, CM

Merlin suggests sending him flowers.