View Poll Results: Is Rex Ryan back to coach the Jets next year?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Rex is back for next season

71 73.20%
  • No, Rex is a goner

26 26.80%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Put your name on it! Is Rex Ryan the coach of the Jets in 2013?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No disrespect but this thread is a waste, IMO. Woody has already stated Rex will be back and many people close to the team have stated the same.
    No disrespect, but with all that has gone on the last year, why would we believe anything that is said by anyone in the Jets organization???

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    No disrespect, but with all that has gone on the last year, why would we believe anything that is said by anyone in the Jets organization???
    Cause by now he would fired?? The jets don't exactly have anything to hide.. And the best time to sign Head Coaches is early just like GMs. And last I check the only search party the jets are being tied to are GMs.

Yo, fellas! 100% HE'S BACK!

I know I'm new here but I GOT to throw my weight behind the two best posters of Jets Insider, they are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct: Take away the injury to Keller AND the media's negativity and this is AT MINIMUM a 12-win team, GUARANTEED!

If you watch film, like I do, it's evident that almost all of Mark's interceptions are in the area where Keller is supposed to be. If Brady was throwing to where Gronk and Hernandez are supposed to be, BUT AREN'T, he'd have a few interceptions as well! We need to sign THE BEAST Keller to a new contract, preferrably a guaranteed one, ASAP!!

And the two straight AFC championship games are PROOF that the media's negativity is killing this team. When Rex was POSITIVELY guaranteening Super Bowl victories we were rolling. Now he's not and the team is in a SLIGHT slump. The players read the papers and, of course, perform accordingly. Q.E.D.

We've succesfully removed two people holding Rex back, Schitty and Tannenbaum, and I can only hope that next week Rex will announce that a) he's firing Sparano and Tebow, who were FORCED ON HIM by the GM b) THE JETS ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!

Banned
    I think he's going to be fired.

Rex is back in 2013 and so is Sanchez

Interesting to see who comes on as GM. Woody wants Rex, but will Rex want to stay with new GM without a extention? He could easier go to a better situation as HC in Chicago or any team where he could build a great D like he did here. You know wherever he takes job as HC will instantly have a better O/qb in place since Jets have the worst. He wants to stay here above all but will new GM/Rex see eye to eye? It was a joke what happened to Lovie smith in Chicago, 10-6 misses playoffs on a tie-breaker and gets fired? Its like the new GM was rooting for his own team to fall so he can bring his own pick in so he can get credit for success. Had smith stayed he would take credit away gm. I dont want to see the same bs with the Jets. If we had a average qb we would easily be in the playoffs led by Rex's D. We had the very worst qb in the league and still somehow were able to compete until the last 2 games..

Hall Of Fame
    Here in 2013, gone in 2014.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    No disrespect, but this thread is useless without pics.

I think he is. I think the deal is that the GM can make the call after next season.

I want to give Rex one more season, ONLY if Sanchez is cut.

If Sanchez is a Jet and playing QB in 2013, frankly, I don't give a **** who the Coach is, it won't matter.

My prediction:

The new GM will fire Rex Ryan, and retain Mark Sanchez in a "competition" vs. a JAG FA "Veteran" for 2013. Sanchez will "win" that competition.

All League
    His body of work does not warrant him being fired, and the Owner has stated he will not be fired. For once, we have some stability at head coach. Rex is far from perfect, but we already know we can win with him. We just can't go to war with the garbage roster that was on the team this yr, which was partially his fault. If we fire Rex he will have another HC job in about six minutes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No disrespect but this thread is a waste, IMO. Woody has already stated Rex will be back and many people close to the team have stated the same.
    No disrespect taken. In fact, I agree that this poll SHOULD be a waste...but it's clearly not. Many of our fans seem to think they know more than Woody and that even if Woody's own words are that Rex is coming back, they believe Rex is not. This poll should be at 100% Yes based on Woody's Monday statement.

I'm assuming he'll be back. Woody seems to have left himself some wiggle room where the incoming GM can perhaps get rid of Rex, but I see that as a long shot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeny Bastard View Post
    Yo, fellas! 100% HE'S BACK!

I know I'm new here but I GOT to throw my weight behind the two best posters of Jets Insider, they are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct: Take away the injury to Keller AND the media's negativity and this is AT MINIMUM a 12-win team, GUARANTEED!

If you watch film, like I do, it's evident that almost all of Mark's interceptions are in the area where Keller is supposed to be. If Brady was throwing to where Gronk and Hernandez are supposed to be, BUT AREN'T, he'd have a few interceptions as well! We need to sign THE BEAST Keller to a new contract, preferrably a guaranteed one, ASAP!!

And the two straight AFC championship games are PROOF that the media's negativity is killing this team. When Rex was POSITIVELY guaranteening Super Bowl victories we were rolling. Now he's not and the team is in a SLIGHT slump. The players read the papers and, of course, perform accordingly. Q.E.D.

We've succesfully removed two people holding Rex back, Schitty and Tannenbaum, and I can only hope that next week Rex will announce that a) he's firing Sparano and Tebow, who were FORCED ON HIM by the GM b) THE JETS ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!
    Smoking the green I see...

Jets Insider VIP
    Of course he'll be back

If we were going to totally clean house, we would've done it by now.

I doubt that Woody would f*ck Rex over by retaining him for another week or two while all the other HC jobs are snatched up.

Fired.

I think they have a GM target that will want to fire Rex (or in the case Cowher be both) but they don't want to fire Rex until they have the new GM/HC locked in.

All Pro
    It all depends on who is hired as GM and/or whether the Jets can coax a big name candidate into taking the HC job, but at this point I would put the probability of Rex returning next year at about 80%.

Not sure if it's more my hope or what I think will happen, but he's a goner.

Yes, this is insane you'd think we just went 0-16 this season after going 4-44 the previous 3 seasons with Rex. The media sucks.

Rex sucks. It's his fault our offense didn't look superb relying on Marty Gilyard, Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens to spread the field.