Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talking to Bill Cowher per Mike Francesa

Jets talking to Bill Cowher per Mike Francesa

He said he's hearing that,no other comment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lol yeah right. Certainly not talking about anything related to him being employed by the team

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's full of ****, and so are his sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Lol yeah right. Certainly not talking about anything related to him being employed by the team
    He just said that,listening to the show.He provided no other info,so I can't say where he's hearing it from.

he said it so he can crap on them a few days from now for not hiring him. thats a whole show right there

All League
    Doubtful.

So he just randomly mentioned something without providing any info/details? Right...

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he's hearing that,no other comment.
    Maybe he heard it in a dream:

Honestly, Cowher had some great moments as a coach, but also a very patient organization and fanbase. He's also highly conservative and was never known to orchestrate a high flying type passing attack that is winning in today's NFL. He's a "ground and pound" guy, blue collar D type. Not as good of a quote as Rex, but probably not all that different in coaching philosophies. He's had back to back losing seasons. It took him forever to win a SB.

My prediction, if we hired him, by about week 8 next season, you would start to see the FIRE COWHER threads knowing this place, lol.

Ugh.. Nothing new here to see. The organization is going to want to talk to everyone of value. I don't see this happening. In fact, I don't see us hearing any news about the HC position in general until a new GM is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    he said it so he can crap on them a few days from now for not hiring him. thats a whole show right there
    LOL, so true

Practice Squad
    The fat man is just playing a prank on all the Jet fans that hate him

Nope... No thanks.

And Jets fans won't be willing to wait 12 years for him to win a Super Bowl.

Some don't even want to give Rex a 5th year despite making it so far in 2 of his 4 years.

Rumblings of Cowher he just said,but probably not true.

Francessa throwing out random names = pumping up his ratings.

Francessa just likes getting a rise from Jets fans.

Any logical fan would love Cowher, but it won't happen. If Bill ever leaves CBS it will be for the Giants or Panthers and with Cam Newton being in Carolina, I doubt that will ever happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sylvester the spitter, no thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

so they're talking with hiring Cowher without a GM in place?

Francesa said there were rumors floating around about it but couldn't verify that it was the case/hadn't heard anything himself. Nothing more than that. He didn't report anything.

What he said is there are rumors that they are talking to Cowher but that he is convinced that Rex will be there next year. Much ado about nothing.