Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets talking to Bill Cowher per Mike Francesa

Jets Insider VIP
    Bullsh*t

Francessa is a f*cking idiot and I can't believe so many of you eat up everything he says.

Fatty aside, Cowher at this point can practically write his own check, correct? Why would he want to coach in NY with the salary cap and QB issues when really, anyone with an opening would hire him in a heartbeat?

Of course, Fatty's Giants callers posing as Jets fans don't ever get to that level of analysis. They only get to say a sentence about the Jets being classless and a clown show before we hear, "Back afta dis."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Fatty aside, Cowher at this point can practically write his own check, correct? Why would he want to coach in NY with the salary cap and QB issues when really, anyone with an opening would hire him in a heartbeat?

Of course, Fatty's Giants callers posing as Jets fans don't ever get to that level of analysis. They only get to say a sentence about the Jets being classless and a clown show before we hear, "Back afta dis."
    What team is more appealing?

How many GM openings are there? How many of those openings also have HC openings?

Who are those teams? You make it seem like the Jets are the only bad team in the league last year. The other teams that fired their HC/GM's are also terrible and in bad shape, hence the firing.

Hall Of Fame
    Take it FWIW

He said people told him the about Jets and Cowher. Francesa said he doesn't believe it. No confirmation

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    FWIW he said people told him the anout Jets and Cowher. Francesa said he doesn't believe it.
    So someone dump this thread already

cowher didn't win anything until he had a qb either. two words for anyone who wants cowher, kordell stewart.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    What team is more appealing?

How many GM openings are there? How many of those openings also have HC openings?

Who are those teams? You make it seem like the Jets are the only bad team in the league last year. The other teams that fired their HC/GM's are also terrible and in bad shape, hence the firing.
    For someone who has balls, NY will always be the place to be, especially with the Jets, whatever coach can win a Super Bowl for the Jets will be a revered, living legend for the rest of his life...That's a big deal for someone who's confident that they know what they are doing...Rex wants to be that guy, but I think his time has passed, Hopefully it's someone like Cowher that sees the possibilities...

My sources are telling me the Jets are talking to cowher about being the new GM! not the HC. Yet!! I think that would be a good move and I would wonder how and if it would affect Rex's status

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    cowher didn't win anything until he had a qb either. two words for anyone who wants cowher, kordell stewart.

Define "didn't win anything". How about 2 AFCCGs and 1 SB appearance with f'ing Neil O'Donnell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he's hearing that,no other comment.
    Maybe they are offering him the Defensive Coordinator position. It's available you know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Define "didn't win anything". How about 2 AFCCGs and 1 SB appearance with f'ing Neil O'Donnell.
    Yeah but what concerns me is that he lost 4 AFCGs - two of them at home in his own building.

Jets Insider VIP
    Besides he would most likely be inclined to take the Bears job than coach here.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Yeah but what concerns me is that he lost 4 AFCGs - two of them at home in his own building.
    I am not a Cowher fan but at least he hosted a few of those and won a couple.

We should be so lucky to host an AFCCG.

Anybody who knocks Cowher for not winning the big game needs to realize Rex is 0-2 himself. And his team didn't show up for one of those.

All League
    I would like to know how many people would've wanted him after his 6-10 season
    Last edited by BRONX JET; 01-02-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    So sick of hearing this ridiculous argument. Plenty would have wanted him. I would take Andy Reid tomorrow, even after the Eagles' disastrous season. These are coaches with long track records of winning, something we have never had, other than 3 years of Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I've made that point a thousand times. He was 7-9 and 6-10 back to back, the same people that want him now, would have been the same people calling for his head prior to him winning a Super Bowl in his 14th season of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I've made that point a thousand times. He was 7-9 and 6-10 back to back, the same people that want him now, would have been the same people calling for his head prior to him winning a Super Bowl in his 14th season of coaching.
    I am not trying to bang on the Cowher Bell ( LOL) but he did have six consecutive winnings seasons and a Super Bowl appearance prior to those two season. If the Jets have 6 straight winning seasons and a Super Bowl appearance, I would be patient too!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not a Cowher fan but at least he hosted a few of those and won a couple.

We should be so lucky to host an AFCCG.

Anybody who knocks Cowher for not winning the big game needs to realize Rex is 0-2 himself. And his team didn't show up for one of those.
    This is true but I do remember there was a lot of criticism of him losing both games to the Pats, and just barely beating Indy on the last play to get to his first.

We won't go anywhere until we can show we can win divisions titles first, I can't see that happening any time soon, no matter who we bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I am not trying to bang on the Cowher Bell ( LOL) but he did have six consecutive winnings seasons and a Super Bowl appearance prior to those two season. If the Jets have 6 straight winning seasons and a Super Bowl appearance, I would be patient too!!!!
    He had the losing seasons BEFORE the Super Bowl!!!