Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Relax, Rex isn't hiding, he's chillin' in the Bahamas

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I've been a Jet fan since 1966 before Joe Namath. I used to usher at Shea stadium while going to college. I've been through all the ups and down through out the years and couldn't give up being a Jet fan even in very bad times. I've learned to enjoy the ride and appreciate the wins and forget the losses. No matter what happens I always find a way to watch them on TV or get to a game when I can get good tickets.

Life is too short to not enjoy the ride. You eat the chicken and throw away the bones. Life is a lot like that.
    Namath was drafted in 1965??

GM interviews start Friday, he'll be there. Are you saying every coach who has a losing season,should stick around for no reason, because some irrational, disgruntled fans say so

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Well, that makes you different than the rest of us. Sit back, watch Rex Ryan go 4-12, be entertained as much as the Steeler and Patriots fans will be at our expense, but enjoy your beer and your finger food.

Some of us want the chicken; enjoy your bones.

SAR I
    Enjoy your morose wailing.

I've never been able to understand what's so attractive in wallowing in misery, but a bunch of people seem predisposed to do it, so there must be some attraction. Not my bag.

As you attempt to run Rex out on a rail, understand that with even mediocre QB play this year, we'd be going to the playoffs. But you keep defending the Buttfumble, genius.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post

I've never been able to understand what's so attractive in wallowing in misery, but a bunch of people seem predisposed to do it, so there must be some attraction. Not my bag.

As you attempt to run Rex out on a rail, understand that with even mediocre QB play this year, we'd be going to the playoffs. But you keep defending the Buttfumble, genius.
    The difference is Sar can afford Therapy.. Many fans here remind me of a friend's Mother when I was a kid.. She could find the negative in anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The difference is Sar can afford Therapy.. Many fans here remind me of a friend's Mother when I was a kid.. She could find the negative in anything..
    Yet, clearly refuses it.

Bewildered Beast
    Oh, really? You want to go at it? You really want to do this?

I find it amazing that the people doing all the poster critiquing around here live hundreds or thousands of miles away from New York and haven't attended a game or felt the pulse of the fans in decades.

Saying that Rex Ryan has a bad set of priorities and that he has always shown lousy decision-making is 100% accurate. The fact that the guy is smiling and flying commercial in New Jersey in a f-cking New York Titans jacket on his way to some fun-in-the-sun while millions of Jets fans are pissed off and in the dark speaks volumes.

SAR I
    Do what? Call you on your BS? Look me in the monitor and tell me this is your best stuff. You're just grinding your axe; not your best work.

And you should back off the personal comments because I'm your biggest "fan" around here.

Bewildered Beast
    I only hope Rex is here long enough to get all the pissers and moaners to actually stick to their "threats" of abandoning the franchise.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Hows the weather in the Bahamas? Cold & rainy?

Right Now

Updated: Jan 3, 2013, 10am Local Time

• 79F
    • Partly Cloudy
    • Feels like 81F
    And Rex is the buffoon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Namath was drafted in 1965??
    :

I know I was ushering before he got to Shea. I started college in 1964 and can't seem to remember the exact time I started Ushering. It's called Dementia, young man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

:

I know I was ushering before he got to Shea. I started college in 1964 and can't seem to remember the exact time I started Ushering. It's called Dementia, young man.
    Really I'll be 69 on the 14th..

Jets Insider VIP
    Really I'll be 69 on the 14th..
    Congrats on making it to that ripe old age.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Congrats on making it to that ripe old age.
    It's easy drink heavily and always date women much younger..

Rex Ryan is terrible. It's Year 4 and the team is now built completely to his vision and it's the worst team we've seen since 1995.

We all wanted to love Rex Ryan in 2011 because we wanted a winner so bad. Truth is he did some good things with an above-average Mangini team and then reshaped it down the toilet. No one wants to admit that because the deep playoff runs still feel fresh in the mind, but it's what happened.

SAR I
    Mangini's team above average? His last 2 seasons the Jets were
    4-12 and 9-7. He inherited a team from Herman Edwards and finished 10-6 his first year as HC.
    Mangenius was 0-1 in the playoffs.
    Hope you don't work in quality control.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's easy drink heavily and always date women much younger..
    Lol I married a woman 10 years younger. Not a big drinker though.

Tell me why Rex Ryan is a good head coach.

Millions of Jets fans don't see it. Millions of fans of the other 31 teams don't see it. Hundreds of professional ex-players don't see it. Dozens of experienced sports writers and broadcasters don't see it. But Freestater does. Tell us why.

SAR I
    Sar, I agree with you on the relevance of the foot video in regards to Rex's "judgment" and ability to make sound, rational decisions. That said, there is plenty of evidence indicating that Rex is a "good" HC. The most basic of which is the fact that his team is 38 and 33 over the past 4 seasons, with 2 trips to the AFCCG. To do that, you have to at least be "good". I would also note that this year was far worse than last, but this year he did not lose the locker room.

I'm most concerned by the question of whether Rex can adapt and improve as a HC. That walking hemorrhoid to the north has had plenty of time to "become" a great HC. He was nothing more that a "good" HC and an excellent DC until Brady came along to provide him the cover he needed so he had enough time to develop as a HC.

Rex has no cover. What he has is a team that has become less talented since he became coach. Is he at fault? Hell yes. He wanted a lot of these guys. But, Rex is not a scout and the Jets should not have let him do a scout's job. Rex deserves one year to put the ship back on course. The new GM has to tell him that he needs to coach the whole team, not just the D; accept the reality that today's NFL is a passing league; and become a better game manager. If he doesn't improve as a HC in 2014, show him the door.

rex is a great d-coordinator. but a terrible headcoach. he has too much heart, he's too close to his players. thats why he's a great coordinator, the guys know he's one of them. and he knows the game (in terms of defense). but as a head coach he's terrible. this is exactly what makes him a terrible head coach. trevor pryce hit the nail right on the head.

on and he deserves some vacation. somewhere in the rain forest.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    rex is a great d-coordinator. but a terrible headcoach. he has too much heart, he's too close to his players. thats why he's a great coordinator, the guys know he's one of them. and he knows the game (in terms of defense). but as a head coach he's terrible. this is exactly what makes him a terrible head coach. trevor pryce hit the nail right on the head.

Sounds like a description of Pete Carroll

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sounds like a description of Pete Carroll
    It sure does I wonder if he plays basketball with them like he did in his one year with the Jets.. Funny the Pats hired him a few years after the Jets dumped him..

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

Rex is a Joke, Rex will always be a Joke, and he knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAR is just frustrated that the NFL has a salary cap. This isn't the Yankees, you can't just throw money at a problem and buy championships, you have to have intelligence at the helm of the team to win something. This must be pretty infuriating.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No one is wallowing in misery. Three things going on:

1. Rex Ryan is the problem. He sucks. He is unfortunately staying.

2. Mark Sanchez is a symptom. He might not suck. He is being scapegoated.

...and the worst of all...

3. Ignorant Jets fans not knowing this to be true.

SAR I