Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 149

Thread: Relax, Rex isn't hiding, he's chillin' in the Bahamas

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,675
    Could have been worse: he could have been facing a fiscal cliff and ran off to Hawaii.



  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Could have been worse: he could have been facing a fiscal cliff and ran off to Hawaii.


    Where was Boehner going in such a hurry?

    http://news.yahoo.com/nj-gov-christi...073230119.html

  3. #83
    Rex is a complete clueless joke of a head coach. It's like having Elmer Fudd as your headcoach.

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I have the exact opposite take on Rex. I think the guy uses bluster and outright falsehoods to mask a fundamental lack of understanding of just what a Head Coaches job is.

    Him and Tanny were both in over their heads in their specific roles, and Woody, being clueless himself about what their jobs effectively would entail, bought their line of ****.

    Absent the injuries which no one could control, the above and the resultant bad personnel decisions led to them losing the lockeroom and destroying Sanchez's fragile psyche.

    -
    I remember Mangini putting a muzzle on everybody. His press conferences were cryptic. I think Rex is a straight shooter. He may not spill his guts about the game plan but in general I find his answers straightfoward and honest.

    I guess you either like him or not and cut him some slack. If the Jets continue to lose I'll be on the get rid of Rex bandwagon; I think the last two years is on Sanchez and Tanny and the decision a few years ago to get now players.

  5. #85
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So YOU'RE the voice of the shrill, self-important, clueless football fan?

    hmmm
    Oh, really? You want to go at it? You really want to do this?

    I find it amazing that the people doing all the poster critiquing around here live hundreds or thousands of miles away from New York and haven't attended a game or felt the pulse of the fans in decades.

    Saying that Rex Ryan has a bad set of priorities and that he has always shown lousy decision-making is 100% accurate. The fact that the guy is smiling and flying commercial in New Jersey in a f-cking New York Titans jacket on his way to some fun-in-the-sun while millions of Jets fans are pissed off and in the dark speaks volumes.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, really? You want to go at it? You really want to do this?

    I find it amazing that the people doing all the poster critiquing around here live hundreds or thousands of miles away from New York and haven't attended a game or felt the pulse of the fans in decades.

    Saying that Rex Ryan has a bad set of priorities and that he has always shown lousy decision-making is 100% accurate. The fact that the guy is smiling and flying commercial in New Jersey in a f-cking New York Titans jacket on his way to some fun-in-the-sun while millions of Jets fans are pissed off and in the dark speaks volumes.

    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you really think this is a good idea? You know, posting my footsie video online and using our actual location? You are a known defensive coordinator, sweetie. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you think this is a good idea? You know, flying commercial when we're worth millions? Showing up in Newark in a New York Titans track jacket in front of thousands of people with thousands of smarphones? You're on the back page of every newspaper as a 'wanted man', millions of Jets fans are angry. Its cool to take vacation, but maybe we shouldn't do it this loudly, sort of rubbing it in everyone's face. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    SAR I
    I remember when you used to be funny.

  7. #87
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Rex is a complete clueless joke of a head coach. It's like having Elmer Fudd as your headcoach.
    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you really think this is a good idea? You know, posting my footsie video online and using our actual location? You are a known defensive coordinator who wants a head coaching job, sweetie. Your voice is rather distinctive. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you think this is a good idea? You know, flying commercial when we're worth millions? Showing up in Newark in a New York Titans track jacket in front of thousands of people with thousands of smarphones? You're on the back page of every newspaper as a 'wanted man', millions of Jets fans are angry. Its cool to take vacation, but maybe we shouldn't do it this loudly, sort of rubbing it in everyone's face. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    SAR I

  8. #88
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I remember when you used to be funny.
    I remember when the Jets used to be competitive.

    SAR I

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,865
    I only hope Rex is here long enough to get all the pissers and moaners to actually stick to their "threats" of abandoning the franchise.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I remember when the Jets used to be competitive.

    SAR I
    Hows the weather in the Bahamas? Cold & rainy?

    Right Now

    Updated: Jan 3, 2013, 10am Local Time



    • 79F
    • Partly Cloudy
    • Feels like 81F

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I remember when the Jets used to be competitive.

    SAR I
    I don't know why SAR I gets run through the ringer here. The guy is spot on when it comes to Rex.

    He's a bumbling idiot who shouldn't have been given the HC job in the first place. Now i know why he failed in his interviews with Baltimore and Atlanta.

  12. #92
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I only hope Rex is here long enough to get all the pissers and moaners to actually stick to their "threats" of abandoning the franchise.
    Tell me why Rex Ryan is a good head coach.

    Millions of Jets fans don't see it. Millions of fans of the other 31 teams don't see it. Hundreds of professional ex-players don't see it. Dozens of experienced sports writers and broadcasters don't see it. But Freestater does. Tell us why.

    SAR I

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I remember when the Jets used to be competitive.

    SAR I
    And I remember when we would kill for a head coach that would lead us to two AFC Championship games....

    Unfortunately you epitomize the spolied, whiney new age fan that prefers to complain about their team over rooting for their team. You yearn to be the forum's Adam Schein/Ray Lucas and think that you will get more attention for being a whiner and unfortantely it works.

    Sure, we are all critical of glaring flaws in our franchise but unless you have Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Rodgers as your QB every team can complain about how their franchise is run. I prefer to spend my days enjoying the teams i root for whether they win (Yankees) or lose (Jets).

    While many of us are spending our time wondering who we will get in the draft or who our new GM/OC will be, you are stuck discussing Rex Ryan's toe fetish or his vacation plans. It's truly sad.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Tell me why Rex Ryan is a good head coach.

    Millions of Jets fans don't see it. Millions of fans of the other 31 teams don't see it. Hundreds of professional ex-players don't see it. Dozens of experienced sports writers and broadcasters don't see it. But Freestater does. Tell us why.

    SAR I
    because I'm smarter than all of them plus you combined.


  15. #95
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I only hope Rex is here long enough to get all the pissers and moaners to actually stick to their "threats" of abandoning the franchise.
    I've been a Jet fan since 1966 before Joe Namath. I used to usher at Shea stadium while going to college. I've been through all the ups and down through out the years and couldn't give up being a Jet fan even in very bad times. I've learned to enjoy the ride and appreciate the wins and forget the losses. No matter what happens I always find a way to watch them on TV or get to a game when I can get good tickets.

    Life is too short to not enjoy the ride. You eat the chicken and throw away the bones. Life is a lot like that.
    Last edited by RMJK; 01-03-2013 at 10:58 AM.

  16. #96
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And I remember when we would kill for a head coach that would lead us to two AFC Championship games....

    Unfortunately you epitomize the spolied, whiney new age fan that prefers to complain about their team over rooting for their team. You yearn to be the forum's Adam Schein/Ray Lucas and think that you will get more attention for being a whiner and unfortantely it works.

    Sure, we are all critical of glaring flaws in our franchise but unless you have Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Rodgers as your QB every team can complain about how their franchise is run. I prefer to spend my days enjoying the teams i root for whether they win (Yankees) or lose (Jets).

    While many of us are spending our time wondering who we will get in the draft or who our new GM/OC will be, you are stuck discussing Rex Ryan's toe fetish or his vacation plans. It's truly sad.
    Joe Girardi is a great MLB manager. Despite my adoration for the Yankees and my disappointment over yet another playoff disaster you don't see me over in Yankees forums screaming for Joe Girardi's head.

    Rex Ryan is a terrible NFL head coach. And just because he's a good defensive coordinator and talks in a fan-friendly way doesn't mean he deserves his job. His best accomplishments occurred before he put his stamp on this team. The more involved he gets, the worse we get.

    Above all else, Rex Ryan's biggest problem is decision-making. Time and time again, the guy does the wrong thing. Picks the wrong players in the draft. Starts aging veterans out of loyalty. Sticks with the quarterback too long. Guarantees Super Bowls. Predicts lunches at the White House. Over-compliments weak players. Hires the wrong coordinators.

    The foot videos and the Bahama vacation are his own business. He wants to do that, that's perfectly fine. But he's a celebrity in a very public spotlight and his decision-making, again, cannot be defended. He should not have posted a video as a famous defensive coordinator. He should not have flown commercial in the heart of the fanbase in Jets gear as a failed head coach. These things matter. They happen in his personal life, they happen in his work life. They are the reason he is going to lose his job one day. Soon.

    SAR I

  17. #97
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I've been a Jet fan since 1966 before Joe Namath. I used to usher at Shea stadium while going to college. I've been through all the ups and down through out the years and couldn't give up being a Jet fan even in very bad times. I've learned to enjoy the ride and appreciate the wins and forget the losses. No matter what happens I always find a way to watch them on TV or get to a game when I can get good tickets.

    Life is too short to not enjoy the ride. You eat the chicken and throw away the bones. Life is a lot like that.
    When Rex Ryan is fired in January 2014, Jets fans will realize that he was let go for all the reasons he should have been let go for in January 2012 and all we've done is wasted another 2 years when we could have been rebuilding something great and headed in the right direction. The team that ended 2011 on an 0-3 run is the same as the team that ended 2012 on an 0-3 run and the same team that's going to end the 2013 season on an 0-3 run. It happens to lousy head coaches who enable soft players.

    You're damned right about your chicken; problem is, we keep holding onto the bones for too long.

    SAR I

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Life is too short to not enjoy the ride. You eat the chicken and throw away the bones. Life is a lot like that.
    Truer words have never been spoken.



    I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you really think this is a good idea? You know, posting my footsie video online and using our actual location? You are a known defensive coordinator who wants a head coaching job, sweetie. Your voice is rather distinctive. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    Mrs. Ryan: "Hey honey, do you think this is a good idea? You know, flying commercial when we're worth millions? Showing up in Newark in a New York Titans track jacket in front of thousands of people with thousands of smarphones? You're on the back page of every newspaper as a 'wanted man', millions of Jets fans are angry. Its cool to take vacation, but maybe we shouldn't do it this loudly, sort of rubbing it in everyone's face. What do you think?"

    Rex: "Ah, don't worry. I'll get away with it. I always do."

    SAR I
    Be vewy kwiet, I'm hunting Footy Cats

  20. #100
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.

    I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
    Well, that makes you different than the rest of us. Sit back, watch Rex Ryan go 4-12, be entertained as much as the Steeler and Patriots fans will be at our expense, but enjoy your beer and your finger food.

    Some of us want the chicken; enjoy your bones.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us