Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Relax, Rex isn't hiding, he's chillin' in the Bahamas

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He is loyal maybe to a fault which is not necessarily a fault.
    wat

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rex Ryan is terrible. It's Year 4 and the team is now built completely to his vision and it's the worst team we've seen since 1995.

We all wanted to love Rex Ryan in 2011 because we wanted a winner so bad. Truth is he did some good things with an above-average Mangini team and then reshaped it down the toilet. No one wants to admit that because the deep playoff runs still feel fresh in the mind, but it's what happened.

SAR I
    Hi SAR, long time no see. I got your message on Rex but I like the guy as a leader and a coach. I see that he inspires players, is honest with the press obviously and er-a -ding like dat. I think woody likes his passion and work ethic also. So lets see what Rex can do next year.

No matter what we have to say about it is not going to make a difference.

I can see how you feel and understand it as a PSL owner. I'm a stub hub guy myself and only go to a few games a year but I wear my Jets gear with pride. I guess I'd have Pennington here if it were up to me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is terrible. It's Year 4 and the team is now built completely to his vision and it's the worst team we've seen since 1995.

We all wanted to love Rex Ryan in 2011 because we wanted a winner so bad. Truth is he did some good things with an above-average Mangini team and then reshaped it down the toilet. No one wants to admit that because the deep playoff runs still feel fresh in the mind, but it's what happened.

SAR I
    The highlight of the Rex-Sanchez regime was in January 2011. That was supposed to be a sign of times to come. It ended up being a blip on the radar.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-02-2013 at 11:29 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The highlight of the Rex-Sanchez regime was in January 2011. That was supposed to be a sign of times to come. It ended up being a blip on the radar.
    November 13, 2011 was the day that Rex Ryan ended. Patriots 37 Jets 16.

Rex put all his eggs in that basket. That was the day that we were going to surpass the Patriots and put them in our rearview mirror. But Bill Belichick thought otherwise. The team never believed in Rex Ryan again after that day. The fans thought that after the playoff pounding we'd overtake New England and instead were handed a humiliating and thorough defeat.

Going into that game, we were on an 18-9 run with no less than 5 big victories against elite teams.

Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 with a 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is rocking the dress sweats!

I for one am glad the guy's taking a vacation. He's worked more hours since April than I've worked the past two years no doubt.

LOL at the notion that any of the other eliminated NFL coaches aren't vacationing. Everyone else is breaking down film 4 days after the season's over, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could give an S if Rex addresses the media now. If he did the Rex-haters would be like "This guy can't shut up, just wants attention." I just hope whoever is the next GM can square away this offense - our defense will be excellent next year with Revis back and Cop and Wilk continuing to improve.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only wish he would take a permanent vacation and never come back. Again, this team isn't winning a Super Bowl with this incompetent at the helm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    wat
    ER-a-Ding can obviously be explained and Dings like Dat.

When you give someone extra playing time and moral support there's a chance it could work out. We learn from our mistakes obviously and dings like dat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex should spend some well deserved time putting up his feet and relaxing by the pool tomorrow.

Last edited by Dcat; 01-03-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Rex should spend some well deserved time putting up his feet and relaxing by the pool tomorrow.

It's funny because Rex is known to have a foot fetish and the pool is shaped like a foot.

#That'sTheJoke

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's funny because Rex is known to have a foot fetish and the pool is shaped like a foot.

#That'sTheJoke
    Mr. and Mrs. Ryan are staying at Sandals of course.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    November 13, 2011 was the day that Rex Ryan ended. Patriots 37 Jets 16.

Rex put all his eggs in that basket. That was the day that we were going to surpass the Patriots and put them in our rearview mirror. But Bill Belichick thought otherwise. The team never believed in Rex Ryan again after that day. The fans thought that after the playoff pounding we'd overtake New England and instead were handed a humiliating and thorough defeat.

Going into that game, we were on an 18-9 run with no less than 5 big victories against elite teams.

Since that game, the New York Jets are 9-15 with a 1-11 record against teams that end the year with a winning record.

SAR I
    I don't think anyone up I-95 thought this. Brady is still very much alive and well. Sorry.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-03-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. It's all about context.

It creates the appearance that Woody Johnson doesn't care enough about the fans to be bothered to hold a press conference, that he fired half the problem and maybe the wrong guy, and is allowing the leader of the disaster to have a swell time on a beach less than a week after the disaster occurred. We're hurting, he's vacationing. We're spitting blood at our Jets hoodies, he's smiling in a Titans jacket.

Again, no matter what the Jets do, it's always creating a bad impression, always humiliating the fans.

SAR I
    So YOU'RE the voice of the shrill, self-important, clueless football fan?

hmmm

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It amazes me how many rex homers we got. It's not a simple end of the season vacation as most say. He is basically hiding from the press and fans. And if woody told him not to talk ok but then go to the bahamas? Its just not a wise decision when the media is already destroying the jets.. He is a great defense guy but I am sorry he is just a clown. This whole team is a circus. From the super bowl predictions, tebow situation, the way the rex handled sanchez, from the team leaks to the media, now to this? We were 6-10 but we might as well been 0-16 cuz we are the laughing stock of the league. Its just mind-blogging to me any jet fan can be proud of this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Say what you will about Rex, but he's got great legs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doy, Winged Foot was obviously booked

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    , is honest with the press

I have the exact opposite take on Rex. I think the guy uses bluster and outright falsehoods to mask a fundamental lack of understanding of just what a Head Coaches job is.

Him and Tanny were both in over their heads in their specific roles, and Woody, being clueless himself about what their jobs effectively would entail, bought their line of ****.

Absent the injuries which no one could control, the above and the resultant bad personnel decisions led to them losing the lockeroom and destroying Sanchez's fragile psyche.

-