Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Relax, Rex isn't hiding, he's chillin' in the Bahamas

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the football season ended not even a week ago. the guy supposedly isn't getting fired. the draft isn't for another 4 months and he isn't going to have the final say on whoever is hired as the GM anyway. why does it matter if the guy wants to go on vacation?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    the football season ended not even a week ago. the guy supposedly isn't getting fired. the draft isn't for another 4 months and he isn't going to have the final say on whoever is hired as the GM anyway. why does it matter if the guy wants to go on vacation?
    It doesn't. People act as if a coach has never gone on vacation before after a season. The writers are just mad that he didn't do his presser before hand.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand the outcry. blows my mind that some "fans" think this is in some way bad. he took a few days off after the season. not really a big deal. for those who think it is, lighten up and smile once in a while.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like the fake Francesa said on Twitter, I think Manish Mehta is down there somewhere hiding in a palm tree spying on Rex.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Rex should be sitting in a corner wearing a hair shirt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Not that I have to explain myself to you but, what Rex does with his wife in his personal life on his personal time is not relevant to his coaching of the team. I don't want that stuff on my board. It's disrespectful.
    Isn't reposting a private admin warning a bannable offense?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    because once again he is showing lack of professionalism and makes the jets continue to look like a circus

Moreover, he apparently left New Jersey completely, missing both a scheduled press conference and a radio interview.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I have to explain myself to you but, what Rex does with his wife in his personal life on his personal time is not relevant to his coaching of the team. I don't want that stuff on my board. It's disrespectful.
    Well said......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's wearing a NY Titans track jacket and his wife is in open-toed shoes.

You know what that means.

SAR I
    You're sick LOL

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Well said......
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex was studying film or doing footballs stuff then I worry. Everyone needs a vacation to chillout. Good for you Rex, enjoy yourself for a few days.

Football is a game not the be all end all. Family always comes first.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he have a boat named "I Ring?"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, typical lack of judgement.
    Instead of going deep (Aruba, Cayman Islands) he chooses a short run to Bahamas in early January, the only time when weather is not great there.
    Also his time management as way off, as new GM will call his arse back immediately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i applaud this

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    because once again he is showing lack of professionalism and makes the jets continue to look like a circus

Moreover, he apparently left New Jersey completely, missing both a scheduled press conference and a radio interview.
    OHHH NOOOO!! who cares? no matter what he says he's going to get ridiculed and picked apart by the wolves. and i'm sure Rex isn't the one who canceled a press conference, he does what Woody says.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Well, typical lack of judgement.
    Instead of going deep (Aruba, Cayman Islands) he chooses a short run to Bahamas in early January, the only time when weather is not great there.
    Also his time management as way off, as new GM will call his arse back immediately.
    It is 68 deg there and 24 deg in NJ ; big enough difference and the water in the pool is 98.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Obama can do it, why can't Rex.
    On second thought, fire 'em both!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god, it was just a vacation

I thought that Wrecks went to see Buddy who had gotten sick when he found out that his boys will be spending the 2013 season on the lazy boys with him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    You have a valid point. This would have been made easier if Woody and Rex had come out Monday and said something to the effect of Disappointed, reevaluating, GM search top priority, back at ya next week.
    Do you honestly think that the media wouldn't have a field day if they did that too? Personally, I have no problem with these guys giving the media ****s the finger.

Go on holiday, Rex. Take a load off. Everyone needs it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say what you want about Rex, he is a stand up guy. He is loyal maybe to a fault which is not necessarily a fault. The media goes after him to sell papers; yeah, he gave the finger to a couple of loud mouth drunks once. The media goes into a his personal life which for me personally is crossing the line. The 75% fans that like and want Rex as their HC don't want to hear jokes that are demeaning to him. We abhor that behavior. He is still our team leader. He is great as far as I'm concern. That's my 2 cents.