Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Will the next Jets OC say "I can fix Mark Sanchez" during his job interview?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - even if he doesn't believe it;

8 32.00%
  • No - even the Jets know Sanchize is a lost cause.

17 68.00%

Thread: True/False: The next Jets OC will say ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

True/False: The next Jets OC will say ...

"I can fix Mark Sanchez" during his job interview.

If the Jets are stuck with Sanchez next year (which seems likely) and are unable to draft a stud QB (unlikely) in an early round, we are likely with QB trio featuring:
    1) Sanchize;
    2) McElnoodle;
    3) Project QB (say 3-5 rd pick)
    4) Retread QB - Old guy trying to hang onto the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the OC is a promotion, he will say nothing.

If the OC is a veteran OC, he will want to know what the qb situation is before he signs. Not knowing the qb situation would be a deal breaker for a veteran OC I would think. If he doesn't believe in the qb in place, he will want to know what the plans are. If the plans are up in the air, I assume most would pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to hold onto the last bit of hope I have with this organization and that they know Sanchez is done as the QB of the Jets. If they prove me wrong, I don't know if I can go back to them until he is gone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    "I can fix Mark Sanchez" during his job interview.
    Anyone who says that should be disqualified on that basis alone.

I want an O-Co who has the sack to say "He's a bust. Period. Hire me or don't, but you need a real QB to move forward, and you'll never win anything with that kid taking snaps".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is done in ny. he doesn't have the psyche to play qb especially in ny. for a time it looked like he could. the playoff runs showed he had the ability to shake off bad plays and make good plays. no more. too many excuses. the butt fumble is the jets equivalent of joe pisarcik.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh God please NO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair Sanchez has never had a real OC.

Alot of good to great NFL QB's were molded by their OC or offensive minded HC

Kurt Warner - Mike Martz

Jay Cutler - Mike Shanahan

Donovan McNabb - Andy Reid

Brett Favre - Andy Reid

RG3 - Shanahan
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    sanchez is done in ny. he doesn't have the psyche to play qb especially in ny. for a time it looked like he could. the playoff runs showed he had the ability to shake off bad plays and make good plays. no more. too many excuses. the butt fumble is the jets equivalent of joe pisarcik.
    I agree Sanchez has to go but the reality of the situation is what it is. Jets absolutely cannot trade him nobody wants to pay a backup QB $8 million next year even if it affects our cap not theirs. We're not taking the $17 million cap hit just to spite Sanchez and cut him. That is insane.

Suckchez either a) goes on IR and Jets eat the cap hit for 1 yr before cutting him in 2014 or b) we get a creative OC with a radically different scheme who spreads the field and isn't Mr Conservative Ground n' Pound.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    a poor poll without a third option-"i believe i can fix him and does believe he can".