Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: No definitive decision on Sparano.

  1. #1

    No definitive decision on Sparano.

    The most brain dead decisions are never easy are they ?

    NEW YORK -- A person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press that the New York Jets have not made a decision on the status of embattled offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.

    While many fans and media have speculated that Sparano will be fired after one season with the Jets, the person said Wednesday that the team has not yet made a final determination -- meaning there's a chance he could remain on coach Rex Ryan's staff for next season.

    The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the status of the coaching staff.

    Sources previously told ESPN's Adam Schefter the Jets do not plan to bring back Sparano.

    The Jets' offense struggled mightily this season, finishing 30th.

    The team is looking for a new general manager after owner Woody Johnson fired Mike Tannenbaum on Monday.

    Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

  2. #2
    This kinda thing would/could only be possible with the Jets...or may be the Lions. Clearly needs to go, yet????????

  3. #3
    Waiting for the new GM.

  4. #4
    How many times do we have to say this? they are waiting to hire the GM who then will make personnel decisions.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    How many times do we have to say this? they are waiting to hire the GM who then will make personnel decisions.
    If I hadn't been a fan of this team so long I'd be inclined to think "ofcourse".

  6. #6
    Well it may be an issue of how much money are you eating here. Unlike player contracts when you fire a coach you eat the whole deal. So you just ate like 4 mil last year I think on Shotty. How much do they owe Spags? Maybe he can run ST, OL, or TEs coach next year?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    If I hadn't been a fan of this team so long I'd be inclined to think "ofcourse".
    They got rid of Schotty didn't they?

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,995
    We're waiting for the new GM.


    But let's not let that stop us from whargharbling like it's 1999!!!


    Sent from a phone using an app

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,678
    FIRE the bum !!

  10. #10
    in all fairness to sparano, he didn't have much to work with. no telling what went on in training camp or during the season but it was plenty clear that sanchez wasn't getting the job done and the receivers were a revolving door. sparano wasn't that bad in dallas and the offense that rex wants doesn't require a whole lot of imagination to coach and construct. imo sparano's offense seemed to move the ball pretty well at times and they weren't always mired in 3 and outs like schitty's. and contrast the jets offense with the rams. the rams have a better qb, running back and receivers yet they only finished marginally better. i'm okay with sparano getting the boot. it just wasn't all his fault.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    in all fairness to sparano, he didn't have much to work with. no telling what went on in training camp or during the season but it was plenty clear that sanchez wasn't getting the job done and the receivers were a revolving door. sparano wasn't that bad in dallas and the offense that rex wants doesn't require a whole lot of imagination to coach and construct. imo sparano's offense seemed to move the ball pretty well at times and they weren't always mired in 3 and outs like schitty's. and contrast the jets offense with the rams. the rams have a better qb, running back and receivers yet they only finished marginally better. i'm okay with sparano getting the boot. it just wasn't all his fault.
    This

    I actually wouldn't at all have a problem with Sparano being retained on the staff, perhaps as OL coach, with new OC or perhaps a new QB coach/OC to run the passing offense and coach the QB's.

    I'm anxiously awaiting for Cavanaugh to be fired.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This

    I actually wouldn't at all have a problem with Sparano being retained on the staff, perhaps as OL coach, with new OC or perhaps a new QB coach/OC to run the passing offense and coach the QB's.

    I'm anxiously awaiting for Cavanaugh to be fired.
    WOW.

    Sparano must be worse than I thought.

  13. #13
    Sparano is definitely a goner, they are waiting for a new GM first.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    WOW.

    Sparano must be worse than I thought.
    I LOL'd

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,481
    They're waiting for all jobs to be filled before releasing Sparano for the betterment of pro football.

  16. #16
    Methinks our current OC is spending part of his week off watching a certain movie, constantly rewinding to the line, "So you're saying there's a chance."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    in all fairness to sparano, he didn't have much to work with. no telling what went on in training camp or during the season but it was plenty clear that sanchez wasn't getting the job done and the receivers were a revolving door. sparano wasn't that bad in dallas and the offense that rex wants doesn't require a whole lot of imagination to coach and construct. imo sparano's offense seemed to move the ball pretty well at times and they weren't always mired in 3 and outs like schitty's. and contrast the jets offense with the rams. the rams have a better qb, running back and receivers yet they only finished marginally better. i'm okay with sparano getting the boot. it just wasn't all his fault.
    Lets not get ahead of our selves here Givens and Gibson would be trash on our team too. Quick, Smith, and Amendola gave nothing to that team either. Really thought Smith would have a bounce back year but he was worse then Schil. SL is one team anyone can say the JETS have better WRs then. Jackson really wasn't much better then Greene this year and we do have a better line as well. Sams 82.6 QBR is what I expected to see out of Mark this year. Sparano may not have moved the ball any better then Shotty but he at least ran plays designed to get yards every now and then. He acted like he had a QB instead of hiding the fact he didn't. If not we'd likely still be under the impression Sanchez is just not being used right. Sparano opened the field up for him he just could take advantage of it. As I said 100 times at the beginning of the year the excuses for Sanchez ended this year. He has OK tools he just can't put up even average #s.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyNYJets View Post
    The most brain dead decisions are never easy are they ?

    NEW YORK -- A person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press that the New York Jets have not made a decision on the status of embattled offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.
    Yet another unnamed source and story-creation, when we all know no decision would or could be made until the new General Manager is hired.

    I.e. a total non-story, drummed up to sound like drama.

    It's amazing people fall for this obvious foolishness.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,664
    Letting the new GM call the shots, nothing to see here.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Usually the head coach is the guy who hires/fires his assistants. Maybe they haven't fired Sparano or Cavanaugh yet because the head coach may be sent packing once the new GM comes in?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us