Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: Pro football writers of America files complaint against the jets - no joke

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,762
    Woody should pay the NFL upfront for a year's worth of fines and ignore the media for this whole ****ing year.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I don't get it. Have a freakin' press conference. Just because the beat writers will try to ask the 'tough' questions, doesn't mean you have to answer them. Put Neil Glat (who?) in front of a microphone on Friday and let him tell the press, "The year didn't go as planned. As of now, Rex is HC, Sparano is OC, and the GM is to be determined. Next question?"

    NFL violation is over. What's the big deal?
    Think you're underestimating how much we don't like the NY reporters. I could personally care less if they ever speak to the media.

    In fact, their hissyfit from the Jets making their lives a little bit harder and over inflated egos thinking that people actually care about this is far more entertaining to me.

    I hope they delay Tuesday's presser as well.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The people's mod
    Finally.

  4. #24
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,469
    Because the 217 press conferences and conference calls since August are not enough... What a joke.

    Oh no. Not the wrath of the Pro Football Writers Association!

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Finally.
    d1ck!

    -

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Think you're underestimating how much we don't like the NY reporters. I could personally care less if they ever speak to the media.

    In fact, their hissyfit from the Jets making their lives a little bit harder and over inflated egos thinking that people actually care about this is far more entertaining to me.

    I hope they delay Tuesday's presser as well.
    Same here. I'd love it if they didn't even have a presser to introduce the new GM. Just put out a press release.

    F*ck these guys.

  7. #27
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,469
    The league mandated presses are set to make sure teams speak with the media on a regular basis. Under Rex Ryan, the Jets communicate more often than actually required. These writers are like heroin addicts who just had their supply cut off.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Holy crap. What a bunch of f*cking babies.
    +1. I can't stand the NY media, particularly Manish Mehta and his bush league reporting (and who just applauded via twitter a PFT article advocating the league give the Jets a stiff penalty for this inconsequential offense). I applaude Woody for sticking it to them like this.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    LOL

    What a bunch of f*cking mooks

  10. #30
    On behalf of the NYJ...Jets fans response to the Professional Football Rag Writer Rants Of America...







    As I said in another thread...Jets should just...

    ...take the personal foul penalty for dumping on the defenseless media whiners, and the $60,000* fine that goes with it.


    *PS...fine probably goes $up...$$up...$$$up...to the point where Woody has to sell the team...not more PSL's...in order to pay it. Proving once again...the all powerful persuasiveness of the media.

    Mehta & Cimini become the new owners of the NYJ.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,286
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Snap.



    -
    The sound every marionette fears.

  12. #32
    I really do wonder if these journalists (a term I use advisedly) realize how foolish they look. Are we supposed to believe that they are courageously carrying the First Amendment banner up the steep hill, fighting intrepidly for truth, justice, and the American way? Geez.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    If we have to forfeit wins, do we move up in the draft?
    Now that was funny. Shame these bickering little girls continue to screw up threads.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    I really do wonder if these journalists (a term I use advisedly) realize how foolish they look. Are we supposed to believe that they are courageously carrying the First Amendment banner up the steep hill, fighting intrepidly for truth, justice, and the American way? Geez.
    They had to make up something to write about as they go into withdrawel... laughable.

  15. #35
    Dont know what they expect to accomplish. I guess it is retaliation for them being called out about rex quiting

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,391
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I smell forfeiture of draft picks...possible death penalty to organization. Maybe even put an asterisk next to the 6-10 season.

    The power of the pen dorks are working themselves into a tizzy. Better get to the drugstore, I see a run on inhalers coming.
    LOL

  17. #37


    What a bunch of losers

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Dont know what they expect to accomplish. I guess it is retaliation for them being called out about rex quiting
    It is an attempt to continue to perpetuate a circus atmosphere at all costs. I'm not saying the organization hasnt made it's share of mistakes but the level of dysfunction and arrogance is so overblown for sensationalism it's ridiculous.
    The media may have finally hit the tipping point where they are being looked at by the typical fan as the problem

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,286
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I smell forfeiture of draft picks...possible death penalty to organization. Maybe even put an asterisk next to the 6-10 season.

    The power of the pen dorks are working themselves into a tizzy. Better get to the drugstore, I see a run on inhalers coming.
    "Pen dorks"

    Are you saying the NY Jets beat writers aren't very Manish?


  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    So once we change our media policy do we start winning again?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us