Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    ???

#1 actually IS an NFL rules violation. It's a stupid rule, and Mehta is being a whiny wuss about it, but he's not lying.

#2 is a lie? Not every thing is reported all the time.

Give me an actual example of something he wrote that caused one of these fire storms that was actually a lie.
    He reported yesterday they were IN violation (not going to be) reporters should be accurate. He was either dumb or lying.

and really??? You think if Manish Mehta had Jets players bashing their OC he wouldn't have printed it?

Of course there's no proof because these guys are never held accountable - and to be clear I never said he WAS lying I said he was MOST LIKELY lying - and based on 1 and 2 above I stand by that.

By the way, I would love to see Lovie Smith go to Buffalo. Just for the fact that I could do the Jim Backus/Thurston Howell III "Lovie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    By the way, I would love to see Lovie Smith go to Buffalo. Just for the fact that I could do the Jim Backus/Thurston Howell III "Lovie!"
    that's actually very funny

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He reported yesterday they were IN violation (not going to be) reporters should be accurate. He was either dumb or lying.

and really??? You think if Manish Mehta had Jets players bashing their OC he wouldn't have printed it?

Of course there's no proof because these guys are never held accountable - and to be clear I never said he WAS lying I said he was MOST LIKELY lying - and based on 1 and 2 above I stand by that.
    So, basically, you have no proof he makes stuff up.

Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.

Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.
    LOL. Kübler-Ross reference, huh? Chapeau.

No one is blaming Manish for the Jets' problems, just claiming he's a fraud. You can continue to believe the non-sense coming from the media, that's your prerogative.

I will not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No doubt the reason we sucked this year.
    Maybe he's the reason for all the injuries.

Here's what I base my belief that MM lies on:

-Ryan found out MM was going with the "I want to be fired story" last Thursday. He called MM and said the story was untrue.

The next day, Rex expressed surprise that his words didn't appear in the story.

Manish then goes on SNY and says Rex's conversation to him was OTR. We're supposed to believe that RR called up a reporter to challenge his story and after telling him its content was not true, he ended the call with "uh, Manish, all of that's off the record. Don't print my denial."

That makes no sense. Of course, RR would want his statement to appear in the paper.

What does make sense is that Manish and the NYDN wanted to run its hit job free of any countervailing information. In other words, he didn't want to do what legitimate journalists to, which is to be fair and to provide the story's full complexity. So he chose not to use quotes from Rex, and when he got called out on that, he lied on TV to cover his azz.

I can't prove Manish is a liar, but the circumstantial evidence that he is a liar's pretty strong.

Much stronger, BTW, than Fatcesa saying "everybody knows it's Pettine."
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-03-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Here's what I base my belief that MM lies on:

-Ryan found out MM was going with the "I want to be fired story" last Thursday. He called MM and said the story was untrue.

The next day, Rex expressed surprise that his words didn't appear in the story.

Manish then goes on SNY and says Rex's conversation to him was OTR. We're supposed to believe that RR called up a reporter to challenge his story and after telling him its content was not true, he ended the call with "uh, Manish, all of that's off the record. Don't print my denial."

That makes no sense. Of course, RR would want his statement to appear in the paper.

What does make sense is that Manish and the NYDN wanted to run its hit job free of any countervailing information. In other words, he didn't want to do what legitimate journalists to, which is to be fair and to provide the story's full complexity. So he chose not to use quotes from Rex, and when he got called out on that, he lied on TV to cover his azz.

I can't prove Manish is a liar, but the circumstantial evidence that he is a liar's pretty strong.

Much stronger, BTW, than Fatcesa saying "everybody knows it's Pettine."
    I appreciate your thoughtful response to my line of questioning. I disagree with your conclusion however simply because you are taking Rex's protest as truth. If Rex didn't have a history telling half truths and outright lies, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he has no credibility in my eyes.

Mheta doesn't name sources, and I understad that people have an issue with that - but for his reports seem to be pretty accurate. It's clear to me that his sources are not fictional.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The backpage of today's @NYDailyNews has Jets HC Rex Ryan on a surfboard. Yes, a surfboard. Take a look: http://nydn.us/rRQC95 #nyj

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Kübler-Ross reference, huh? Chapeau.
    Stage Five: Acceptance. aka the SOJ stage.

I appreciate your thoughtful response to my line of questioning. I disagree with your conclusion however simply because you are taking Rex's protest as truth. If Rex didn't have a history telling half truths and outright lies, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he has no credibility in my eyes.

Mheta doesn't name sources, and I understad that people have an issue with that - but for his reports seem to be pretty accurate. It's clear to me that his sources are not fictional.
    Thanks for the reply. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt the essence of what MM has reported in many cases. Today he reported that players lost confidence with Sporano. Well, obviously that's almost certainly true.

Fair point about Rex's dissembling to the press. But in this case, RR came out and denied the story; it was the first thing he took up that Friday at his PC, something reporters said was "highly unusual." I still find it impossible to believe that RR was so upset about the story - regardless of its truth - that he'd launch into a 10 minute defense of himself, and when he had a chance to get his own words into MM story, he'd tell MM not to print them.

Manish is a liar.

Stage Five: Acceptance. aka the SOJ stage.
    Check my avatar slogan in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 01-03-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The backpage of today's @NYDailyNews has Jets HC Rex Ryan on a surfboard. Yes, a surfboard. Take a look: http://nydn.us/rRQC95 #nyj
    More trolling from NYDN. This is why I've blocked MM on twitter and won't visit the NYDN website.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Polian is overrated? His whole team was Peyton Manning. You take him off the team and they weren't really good. (2-14 not good).
    Review his Bio.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

On Michael Kay Show, Bill Parcells said he wouldn't be interested in #Jets gm job and that he's "done with football." So, there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

On Michael Kay Show, Bill Parcells said he wouldn't be interested in #Jets gm job and that he's "done with football." So, there ya go.
    Good. Parcells was done (some might say coasting) before taking the Miami job.

You are confusing accusations of Rex lying with "coach speak." There is a difference.

@RavensInsider: Jets sign defensive back-kick returner Cliff Harris

@MaryKayCabot: Breaking: The #Browns interviewed Penn State coach Bill O'Brien this week, a source told the Plain Dealer today.