Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 155

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    ???

    #1 actually IS an NFL rules violation. It's a stupid rule, and Mehta is being a whiny wuss about it, but he's not lying.

    #2 is a lie? Not every thing is reported all the time.


    Give me an actual example of something he wrote that caused one of these fire storms that was actually a lie.
    He reported yesterday they were IN violation (not going to be) reporters should be accurate. He was either dumb or lying.

    and really??? You think if Manish Mehta had Jets players bashing their OC he wouldn't have printed it?

    Of course there's no proof because these guys are never held accountable - and to be clear I never said he WAS lying I said he was MOST LIKELY lying - and based on 1 and 2 above I stand by that.

  2. #122
    By the way, I would love to see Lovie Smith go to Buffalo. Just for the fact that I could do the Jim Backus/Thurston Howell III "Lovie!"

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    By the way, I would love to see Lovie Smith go to Buffalo. Just for the fact that I could do the Jim Backus/Thurston Howell III "Lovie!"
    that's actually very funny

  4. #124
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He reported yesterday they were IN violation (not going to be) reporters should be accurate. He was either dumb or lying.

    and really??? You think if Manish Mehta had Jets players bashing their OC he wouldn't have printed it?

    Of course there's no proof because these guys are never held accountable - and to be clear I never said he WAS lying I said he was MOST LIKELY lying - and based on 1 and 2 above I stand by that.
    So, basically, you have no proof he makes stuff up.

    Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    So, basically, you have no proof he makes stuff up.

    Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.
    LOL. Kübler-Ross reference, huh? Chapeau.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    So, basically, you have no proof he makes stuff up.

    Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.
    No one is blaming Manish for the Jets' problems, just claiming he's a fraud. You can continue to believe the non-sense coming from the media, that's your prerogative.

    I will not.

  7. #127
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No doubt the reason we sucked this year.
    Maybe he's the reason for all the injuries.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    So, basically, you have no proof he makes stuff up.

    Denial is one of the stages of mourning. We all mourn the Jets differently. But Manish is not the one to blame. As I said, he is a by-product of the dysfunction, not the cause.
    Here's what I base my belief that MM lies on:

    -Ryan found out MM was going with the "I want to be fired story" last Thursday. He called MM and said the story was untrue.

    The next day, Rex expressed surprise that his words didn't appear in the story.

    Manish then goes on SNY and says Rex's conversation to him was OTR. We're supposed to believe that RR called up a reporter to challenge his story and after telling him its content was not true, he ended the call with "uh, Manish, all of that's off the record. Don't print my denial."

    That makes no sense. Of course, RR would want his statement to appear in the paper.

    What does make sense is that Manish and the NYDN wanted to run its hit job free of any countervailing information. In other words, he didn't want to do what legitimate journalists to, which is to be fair and to provide the story's full complexity. So he chose not to use quotes from Rex, and when he got called out on that, he lied on TV to cover his azz.

    I can't prove Manish is a liar, but the circumstantial evidence that he is a liar's pretty strong.

    Much stronger, BTW, than Fatcesa saying "everybody knows it's Pettine."
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-03-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  9. #129
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Here's what I base my belief that MM lies on:

    -Ryan found out MM was going with the "I want to be fired story" last Thursday. He called MM and said the story was untrue.

    The next day, Rex expressed surprise that his words didn't appear in the story.

    Manish then goes on SNY and says Rex's conversation to him was OTR. We're supposed to believe that RR called up a reporter to challenge his story and after telling him its content was not true, he ended the call with "uh, Manish, all of that's off the record. Don't print my denial."

    That makes no sense. Of course, RR would want his statement to appear in the paper.

    What does make sense is that Manish and the NYDN wanted to run its hit job free of any countervailing information. In other words, he didn't want to do what legitimate journalists to, which is to be fair and to provide the story's full complexity. So he chose not to use quotes from Rex, and when he got called out on that, he lied on TV to cover his azz.

    I can't prove Manish is a liar, but the circumstantial evidence that he is a liar's pretty strong.

    Much stronger, BTW, than Fatcesa saying "everybody knows it's Pettine."
    I appreciate your thoughtful response to my line of questioning. I disagree with your conclusion however simply because you are taking Rex's protest as truth. If Rex didn't have a history telling half truths and outright lies, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he has no credibility in my eyes.

    Mheta doesn't name sources, and I understad that people have an issue with that - but for his reports seem to be pretty accurate. It's clear to me that his sources are not fictional.

  10. #130
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The backpage of today's @NYDailyNews has Jets HC Rex Ryan on a surfboard. Yes, a surfboard. Take a look: http://nydn.us/rRQC95 #nyj

  11. #131
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Kübler-Ross reference, huh? Chapeau.
    Stage Five: Acceptance. aka the SOJ stage.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I appreciate your thoughtful response to my line of questioning. I disagree with your conclusion however simply because you are taking Rex's protest as truth. If Rex didn't have a history telling half truths and outright lies, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he has no credibility in my eyes.

    Mheta doesn't name sources, and I understad that people have an issue with that - but for his reports seem to be pretty accurate. It's clear to me that his sources are not fictional.
    Thanks for the reply. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt the essence of what MM has reported in many cases. Today he reported that players lost confidence with Sporano. Well, obviously that's almost certainly true.

    Fair point about Rex's dissembling to the press. But in this case, RR came out and denied the story; it was the first thing he took up that Friday at his PC, something reporters said was "highly unusual." I still find it impossible to believe that RR was so upset about the story - regardless of its truth - that he'd launch into a 10 minute defense of himself, and when he had a chance to get his own words into MM story, he'd tell MM not to print them.

    Manish is a liar.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Stage Five: Acceptance. aka the SOJ stage.
    Check my avatar slogan in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 01-03-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The backpage of today's @NYDailyNews has Jets HC Rex Ryan on a surfboard. Yes, a surfboard. Take a look: http://nydn.us/rRQC95 #nyj
    More trolling from NYDN. This is why I've blocked MM on twitter and won't visit the NYDN website.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Polian is overrated? His whole team was Peyton Manning. You take him off the team and they weren't really good. (2-14 not good).
    Review his Bio.

  16. #136
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,073
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

    On Michael Kay Show, Bill Parcells said he wouldn't be interested in #Jets gm job and that he's "done with football." So, there ya go.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

    On Michael Kay Show, Bill Parcells said he wouldn't be interested in #Jets gm job and that he's "done with football." So, there ya go.
    Good. Parcells was done (some might say coasting) before taking the Miami job.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I appreciate your thoughtful response to my line of questioning. I disagree with your conclusion however simply because you are taking Rex's protest as truth. If Rex didn't have a history telling half truths and outright lies, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he has no credibility in my eyes.

    Mheta doesn't name sources, and I understad that people have an issue with that - but for his reports seem to be pretty accurate. It's clear to me that his sources are not fictional.
    You are confusing accusations of Rex lying with "coach speak." There is a difference.

  19. #139
    @RavensInsider: Jets sign defensive back-kick returner Cliff Harris

  20. #140
    @MaryKayCabot: Breaking: The #Browns interviewed Penn State coach Bill O'Brien this week, a source told the Plain Dealer today.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us