Thread: Albert Breer On WFAN

All League

Albert Breer On WFAN

Just said Bill Pollian has been advising Woody about the next GM. And the
    leading candidate is Gamble from SF. Take it for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post

KRL, where have you been? Don't be such a stranger...

This site needs more KRL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

KRL, where have you been? Don't be such a stranger...

This site needs more KRL!
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Any camp reports to post??

Hall Of Fame
    Boomer and Carton said that Woody paid the firm $200k for lead the search for GM.

So between them and Polian helping I hope we can land Gamble.

We all know Woody has shortcomings and is not a "football guy" but I think having these advisors gives us the best shot at landing a good GM. I just hope Rex does not factor into their decision.

makes sense that polian is advising. he's been affiliated with the organization and he's basically filled the role of parcells as advisor. that's what woody needed, someone reputable in the nfl who can help vet candidates. you also have to wonder what polian is saying about rex to woody, as this is a guy who hired dungy, right? not exactly rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm convinced that Gamble's our guy. Woody needs to do whatever it takes to make this happen, including giving Gamble the authority to fire Rex and bring in his own coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'm convinced that Gamble's our guy. Woody needs to do whatever it takes to make this happen, including giving Gamble the authority to fire Rex and bring in his own coach.
    Why are so many assuming that Gamble will want or need to fire Rex?

Jets Insider VIP
    Bill Pollian ,ex GM of Indy was considered as a candidate for Jets GM job. I guess folks are looking for a Bill Pollian type. Why not give Bill Parcells a call also.

He didn't say that. He said "have the authority to" which any GM should.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Boomer and Carton said that Woody paid the firm $200k for lead the search for GM.

So between them and Polian helping I hope we can land Gamble.

We all know Woody has shortcomings and is not a "football guy" but I think having these advisers gives us the best shot at landing a good GM. I just hope Rex does not factor into their decision.
    I still think Rex could be fired once the new GM is in place. Woody might only be keeping him for now to hear opinions from these GM candidates. He likes Rex.

Based on reports, Gamble is being talked up big time by Polian. Say Gamble comes in this weekend and blows away Woody with his interview. If Gamble says he wants his own coach, you don't think Woody will allow him to fire Rex? If he really wants this guy as his GM, I think he will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

OK how about Gamble fires Rex and hires a Offensive minded Coach that doesn't have the Revis itch like Rex did.. Gamble trades Revis for what he can get and goes about the process of building a NFL Offense.. I would be cool with that..

He may be our leading choice, but are we his? That's the million dollar question.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

He said give him the "authority" to fire him. Of course he may want to keep him. But, Gamble - or anyone else - may want to actually ascertain that Rex is the right guy for the job. Its not unreasonable to give him the authority to make a change if he is indeed running the team.

I think the logical move for whoever comes in would be to keep Rex. I think Rex could still be (and, in some ways already is) a good coach. And even if he's not the guy to lead them for the long term, its still makes sense to have Rex lead the rebuilding process for a year and, if necessary start over fresh.

But stuffing the current coach down the throat of a new GM could be off putting.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    OK how about Gamble fires Rex and hires a Offensive minded Coach that doesn't have the Revis itch like Rex did.. Gamble trades Revis for what he can get and goes about the process of building a NFL Offense.. I would be cool with that..
    From your lips to God's ears.

Banned
    No one is. But if Woody thinks Gamble is the right man to run this organization, then he has to allow the man to determine who the coach is. If Gamble wants to keep Rex, that's fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

Wow, I remember reading from our esteemed "news" rags in the area that Polian flatly denied the Jets and that was the end of the story. What a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I agree with that. The New GM should be make the final decision. If that means Rex goes, so be it. But I also don't want a bunch of no names brought in here to learn on the job. If we fire Rex, i want to see the likes Norv, Lovie, Holmgren, Gruden etc.. running our team/offense/defense. I don't want to bring in the OC from a team that has Tom Brady/Peyton/Brees as their QB (anyone could coach those guys).

Despite what some people think this team is not that far off from being a force in the AFC. If we can get our QB situation straightened out we can do alot of damage.

All League

although i want to keep fat rex....i agree with this..