Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. Onesource said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Matt Hasselbeck hopes to return as Jake Locker's backup http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

With the talent the Chiefs have, they get Andy Reid, they will win that division for the next 5 years. Enjoy it while it lasts, Broncos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    But it's true. Think rationally. You are the prospective new GM that has a few teams after you. You can go to a place that has just won 2 games or so and is in rebuild mode, no coach foisted on you and perhaps have the freedom to build as you want unfettered, or you can go to a team that has been a circus for the last year, has a horrible QB whom you are committed to for another year, has a bombastic head coach who wants power in the make up of the team.

now the one saving grace could be that Jax has a suspect owner by the sounds of it but otherwise, other than money why would you go to the jets?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40y9W2PQxA

I'll be very surprised if the Jets either of their top two GM choices or any of the top ones for that matter that have a choice.

The Jets are a circus and have retained the head clown as coach. Manning knew it and made the wise move to t tell the jets to look elsewhere almost immediately. Any GM will choose a jacksonville over the jets.
    Hmm.. Maybe... Any GM going to Jacksonville knows that the move to Los Angeles (or somewhere else if SD moves to LA) will be hanging over him. Not to mention Jacksonville is in a very similar place as the Jets, but with more salary cap room and less talent on defense. Not to mention winning in NY has more cache than winning in Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Why would the Jets and their fans want someone who would even consider Jax over NY?
    lol, this is good thinking, lets not hope for the best person for the job, lets get offended and do the old, if he didn't want us we don't want him nonsense.

As I stated in my other post on here, the Jets have a couple of major minuses for a GM to consider vs other teams.

In any case we could hire Richie Kotite as GM and half the forum would be anointing him and throwing rose petals at his feet without really looking into the hire. (Like sparano)

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    With the talent the Chiefs have, they get Andy Reid, they will win that division for the next 5 years. Enjoy it while it lasts, Broncos.
    The Chiefs have some nice players for sure but still no QB.

I'll be very surprised if the Jets either of their top two GM choices or any of the top ones for that matter that have a choice.

The Jets are a circus and have retained the head clown as coach. Manning knew it and made the wise move to t tell the jets to look elsewhere almost immediately. Any GM will choose a jacksonville over the jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    But it's true. Think rationally. You are the prospective new GM that has a few teams after you. You can go to a place that has just won 2 games or so and is in rebuild mode, no coach foisted on you and perhaps have the freedom to build as you want unfettered, or you can go to a team that has been a circus for the last year, has a horrible QB whom you are committed to for another year, has a bombastic head coach who wants power in the make up of the team.

now the one saving grace could be that Jax has a suspect owner by the sounds of it but otherwise, other than money why would you go to the jets?
    If I'm Gamble and thinking rationally, there is no way I take the job in Jacksonville. I either go back home to NJ and rebuild the Jets or stay in San Fran.

As to your take on the Jets, you exaggerate to this extent. Rex has 2 yrs left on his deal so he's in lame duck mode in 2013. There's no way he is going to have "power in the make up of the team."

Did Woody just extend Rex? No. That's telling.

As to Sanchez, the new GM is not committed to him next year. There has not been a single report stating that the new GM is required to keep Sanchez. In fact, the Sanchez extension was one of the reasons Tanny got fired.

The new GM is being hired to fix Tanny's mess, not to continue with it.

The Chiefs have some nice players for sure but still no QB.
    True, but having the 1st pick may help with that. After all, Andy Reid got a 2nd AND a starter for Kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If I'm Gamble and thinking rationally, there is no way I take the job in Jacksonville. I either go back home to NJ and rebuild the Jets or stay in San Fran.

As to your take on the Jets, you exaggerate to this extent. Rex has 2 yrs left on his deal so he's in lame duck mode in 2013. There's no way he is going to have "power in the make up of the team."

As to Sanchez, the new GM is not committed to him next year. There has not been a single report stating that the new GM is required to keep Sanchez. In fact, the Sanchez extension was one of the reasons Tanny got fired.

exactly. after 1 season, the new gm could get rid of both rex and sanchez, and he wouldn't be blamed for anything that happens with those guys. he could draft gino smith, glennon and build around him, or draft no qbs and build elsewhere. woody basically has to give the new gm this power, or else nobody else worth his shoes will want to come here. it's an intriguing opportunity, b/c of the market and the state of the franchise. anyone who can rebuild this organization will be regarded as one of the best guys in the nfl, but it's not for everyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    exactly. after 1 season, the new gm could get rid of both rex and sanchez, and he wouldn't be blamed for anything that happens with those guys. he could draft gino smith, glennon and build around him, or draft no qbs and build elsewhere. woody basically has to give the new gm this power, or else nobody else worth his shoes will want to come here. it's an intriguing opportunity, b/c of the market and the state of the franchise. anyone who can rebuild this organization will be regarded as one of the best guys in the nfl, but it's not for everyone.
    Bill Polian said he would only go to a team that was pretty much set not one that needed work.. In other words give me a paycheck that I don't have to work for..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    It will be telling as to who finally takes the GM job. If the top guys pass on it, then it would suggest that Woody really didnt give them the full control over the organization and the freedom to fire Rex if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Bill Polian said he would only go to a team that was pretty much set not one that needed work.. In other words give me a paycheck that I don't have to work for..
    he's been there, done that. the jets need a younger, confident guy who isn't afraid to deal with guys like rex, isn't afraid to cut dead wood and isn't afraid to make changes.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    ESPN reporting that Reid is close to a deal with Chiefs ... Told he's still got interviews with the Cardinals and Chargers set up. Stay tune

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Heckert on Jets GM list RT @RapSheet Andy Reid telling Chiefs owner Clark Hunt he will bring ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert with him to KC #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    All 3 on Jets' list too RT @caplannfl Marc Ross, Tom Gamble, and David Caldwell--some of top names to interview soon for Chargers GM job

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”
    What Minority Candidate did the Chiefs Interview?

The home town bit is an attraction, I'll grant you that.

So you say. He is a strong personality. Also a lame duck coach for 2013 is a good thing for an incoming GM rather than him having the authority to hire his own guy?

So why did he not fire him? Once again a lame duck coach or a coach that is being foisted on a new Gm is hardly a selling point.

His cap hit is what is making Sanchez committed, to go along with the miriade of holes on the team. Can the new G just dump sanchez and take the cap hit? sure but he is now behind the 8 ball cap wise, has a lame duck coach and may have to let players he'd like to keep (landry) walk

Rex Ryan is as big of a culprit ion the mess as Tanny was....and he is still here.
    Taking all emotion away, just looking at teams and their make up and dynamic, the Jets are not a great situation to have to step into.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    RT @discoTab311: How do the Reid rumors affect the RooneyRule? ... KC interviewed Atl spec-tms coach Keith Armstrong Tues. He is black.

Jets Insider VIP

A new GM might just eat Sanchez dead cap and move on with a bunch of young guys. I would.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You would think if you just HAD a black HC the year prior that you would be exempt to that rule, but I guess that is not the case.

So will the music chairs continue?

If Heckert follows Reid to KC will Pioli be in play for the Jets? Not advocating for him at all but there is some familiarity with the organization and Johnson has been known to hunger for the "patriot way".

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    RT @discoTab311: How do the Reid rumors affect the RooneyRule? ... KC interviewed Atl spec-tms coach Keith Armstrong Tues. He is black.
    Herm Edwards should go in the designated minority interview Biz.. To skate the rule just go to FlimFlamBBQman.com and set up a interview for the low price of 5 grand then go get your man..