Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan vacationing at Atlantis. He should try "Leap of Faith" slide. Read into that what you will. #Jets http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets final report card: 1 B, 3 Cs, 5 Ds, 2 Fs. Reads like something from Delta House. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...12-report-card

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Herm Edwards should go in the designated minority interview Biz.. To skate the rule just go to FlimFlamBBQman.com and set up a interview for the low price of 5 grand then go get your man..
    Would be a great gig for Jesse Jackson,JR. too, after he gets out of the Nut-house.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    If Andy Reid does end up talking only to the Chiefs and taking that job, to reiterate from earlier this week, GM Scott Pioli will be out
    I find the dynamics of this fascinating. By all accounts, Pioli is part of the team that interviewed Reid. Therefore, he is interviewing the guy who will take his place after he is fired.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan vacationing at Atlantis. He should try "Leap of Faith" slide. Read into that what you will. #Jets http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources
    What I read into it is that you're an unprofessional chucklehead Rich.

I know the idea of being a legitimate Journalist is a dead concept in Sports these days, but you might want to try it once in a while.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Veteran
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets final report card: 1 B, 3 Cs, 5 Ds, 2 Fs. Reads like something from Delta House. http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...12-report-card
    Who the F cares other than this jerk and his cronies? Really Cimini should've at least mentioned which Tower he is staying in and how he's doing at the blackjack table. As usual he is doesn't have all the information....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    exactly. after 1 season, the new gm could get rid of both rex and sanchez, and he wouldn't be blamed for anything that happens with those guys. he could draft gino smith, glennon and build around him, or draft no qbs and build elsewhere. woody basically has to give the new gm this power, or else nobody else worth his shoes will want to come here. it's an intriguing opportunity, b/c of the market and the state of the franchise. anyone who can rebuild this organization will be regarded as one of the best guys in the nfl, but it's not for everyone.
    +1 Add to that we have a decent defense, and a fan base that pretty much expects rebuilding pains. We need a decent QB, productive RB and pass rusher, and depth. If he can tone down the circus atmosphere, add two of the first three needs, and add depth, he'd be considered a savior of the organization regardless of record next year.

funniest part is that for years, the ny media has blasted rex for talking too much. now they're upset he's not talking at all. truth, their jobs are far less interesting - maybe even useless - when rex isn't talking. they're baiting him to get him so speak. "please rex, talk so we can all keep our jobs."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Mehta is a trouble maker. That's what he does, that's his goal. May be true, may not be true - just looks to start trouble.

Question for Mehta, if the players were complaining to him about Sparano during the season why didn't he report it then?
    Because he is a tool

Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.

sorry, my bad here- deal between Chiefs and Andy Reid is NOW imminent. As in will be finalized likely by end of day

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why people think Rex had nothing to do with the Sparano hire, he said it was like "looking in the mirror" when talking about Sparano's offensive philosophy. The HC is responsible for his coordinators, but now people are saying Sparano was a Tanny hire?? Comical.
    That should have been our first red flag since Rex doesn't have an offensive philosophy. Unless dysfunction is the new offensive trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Manish isn't a journalist. He's a creative writer.
    How does this guy have a job if he has no credible sources? I'm sorry but anonymous quotes should not be printed. What a hack and shi!t newspaper!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Andy Reid's people have begun the process of canceling planned talks with #Chargers/#Cardinals. Getting close with #Chiefs, I'm told.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    How does this guy have a job if he has no credible sources? I'm sorry but anonymous quotes should not be printed. What a hack and shi!t newspaper!
    you are apparently not attuned to the ways of the ny tabloids. who gives a F about the truth. the more controversy and the more readership = $$$

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Details >> MT @Jeff_McLane: Reid signing with #Chiefs is imminent. Would save #Eagles from paying Reid's remaining $$: http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagl...s&id=185566652

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lovie has the same problem as Rex. He will put a hell of a defensive unit together but his can never get an offense going.
    They have Jay Cutler who can carry a team. I just don't get it on their Offense. A good OC with jay cutler should scare most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If I'm Gamble and thinking rationally, there is no way I take the job in Jacksonville. I either go back home to NJ and rebuild the Jets or stay in San Fran.

The new GM is being hired to fix Tanny's mess, not to continue with it.
    The new GM will look like a hero if he can fix the salary cap mess and have a good draft. The Redskins and Colts proved the team can improve drastically in 1 year -- I believe that's 10 times in 10 years that a team has gone from last to first place in the division in 1 year. We need a QB, stud OL, pass rusher, and RB. Plus we have a bargaining chip in Revis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They have Jay Cutler who can carry a team. I just don't get it on their Offense. A good OC with jay cutler should scare most teams.
    Chicago's weapons on O are way better than ours - Cutler, Forte, Bush, Marshall, Jeffrey, etc. The weapons were there for them to be a good O.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    you are apparently not attuned to the ways of the ny tabloids. who gives a F about the truth. the more controversy and the more readership = $$$
    I'm quoting Shuler here, but this is really just a devil's advocate position to the slew of fans going after Mehta.

Why the hate, exactly?

The way I see it, it's killing the messenger, or maybe more accurate, the inevitable by-product.

Mehta is essentially a creation of the running carnival that is Florham Park. If the Jets were run differently, if it were a professional, disciplined franchise, Mehta couldn't report what he writes. Their isn't ONE deepthroat. There are leaks everywhere. FP is the sports version of Washington.

Say what you will, Mehta seemingly is out-working the other slobs, getting all the big scoops. He's kicking everyone of his competitors asses. He has all the sources. What story has he completely made up? Do you really believe Rex (who has proven to be a liar) over Mehta in a he said she said?

Bottom line: Mehta is a creation of the mess, not the cause.

All League
    Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.

sorry, my bad here- deal between Chiefs and Andy Reid is NOW imminent. As in will be finalized likely by end of day
    But....but...but, just the other day some jagoff said it was '95% done that Reid will go to Arizona??!!

What a endless supply of sh*t we get fed every day. It is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    But....but...but, just the other day some jagoff said it was '95% done that Reid will go to Arizona??!!

What a endless supply of sh*t we get fed every day. It is laughable.
    iBob, right? Classic Bob move.

> Say something is 99.99% sure to happen
    > When it doesn't happen, you can claim you never guaranteed anything
    > Trollface