Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Brian Billick: Ray Lewis is the greatest leader I've ever seen http://bit.ly/1361skZ

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Victor Cruz: Redskins 'team to beat for sure' in NFC http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    How bout people stop posting his twitter comments and we ignore the dbag?
    That would be ideal; however, it is like turning the other cheek only you and I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    [/B]

Manish you are such a tool. If you had this earlier in the season you would have be spewing it long before now.
    Exactly.

And I agree he could be just flat out making stuff up. Here's how it goes:

Fake Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets offensive players grew frustrated with red zone woes this season. Blamed Sanchez and Sparano. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Exactly.

And I agree he could be just flat out making stuff up. Here's how it goes:

Fake Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets offensive players grew frustrated with red zone woes this season. Blamed Sanchez and Sparano. #nyj

You might as well just leave out the word "fake", because it's entirely possible that he tweets that later.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Source: Jets trade Mehta and a 2014 2nd round pick to the New York Giants for Jenny Vrentas.
    Heard Reese holding out for SAR1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    And that is exactly why he won't be removed. He is actually doing the job he was hired to do at the Daily News. The main problem is the tabloids that try to pass as news. They are not interested in the actual facts if half-truths make a better story. Is it a coincidence that Cimini was guilty of writing the same garbage and the person that replaces him is.....presto.....writing the same garbage?!
    Totally agree.

I think Cimini is a genuine a$$hole, but he seems to have toned things down a bit since he went to ESPN.

Mehta seems to have taken over his role as King Douchebag. It must be in the job description at the Daily News.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Heard Reese holding out for SAR1
    BREAKING: Jets agree to package deal of SAR I, Manish Mehta, Tebowites, and 4 future 1st round picks for Jenny Vrentas, Ross, and Tom Coughlins december red nose. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen tells Mike & Mike that "maybe they (the Jets) weren't aware" of NFL media policy re: availability after season. #nyj

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told

Banned
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen tells Mike & Mike that "maybe they (the Jets) weren't aware" of NFL media policy re: availability after season. #nyj
    Or maybe they just don't give a sh!t about the media after the trashing they've endured this season.

All Pro
    Rex Ryan isn't alone in wanting to replace Tony Sparano. Players told me throughout season they didn't think he was capable play caller #nyj
    This leads me to believe Rex and players aren't as clueless as I think..

And more interestingly did Rex have any legit say in the Sporano hiring ? Or was he just going along with tanny and woody crap.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    When Lovie Smith interviews with #Bills, it'll be his first interview. He's had plenty of interest, tho. #Bills is a team that intrigues him

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham
    Report: Buffalo Bills schedule interview with former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith http://bit.ly/X30T84

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You would think this is obvious, but I guess not. If you think Mehta adds nothing of value and you want him off the Jets beat, stop reading his articles and following his tweets. Jesus.
    It honestly bothers me that a person writing for the NY Daily News can get away with clearly making things up and not be held even remotely accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    This leads me to believe Rex and players aren't as clueless as I think..

And more interestingly did Rex have any legit say in the Sporano hiring ? Or was he just going along with tanny and woody crap.
    A bigger dunce than Rex, one cannot be.

Tony Sparano’s Dolphins went 3-2 against Rex Ryan’s Jets in the five meetings between the two coaches, but the one that made Ryan both dislike coaching against Sparano and want to coach alongside Sparano came on a Monday night in 2009, when the Dolphins won 31-27.

Ryan told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that after that particular game, he was furious because he felt that Sparano’s offense had out-smarted Ryan’s defense.

“I was pissed,” Ryan said. “I’m like, ‘I’m going to kick that dude’s ass next time.’“

After their postgame handshake, Ryan said of Sparano, “I don’t like this dude.” But while he didn’t like coaching against him, Ryan knows that the kind of coach he doesn’t like coaching against is exactly the kind of offensive coordinator he wants on his staff. So when Sparano was fired last season as the Dolphins’ head coach, Ryan knew he wanted to hire him.

“After he became available,” Ryan said, “I’m like, ‘Oh, hell, yeah . . . that’s my guy.’”

After the disappointment of the 2011 season, Ryan needs a guy who can turn his offense around. He believes from first-hand experience that Sparano is the man for the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-thats-my-guy/

Jets Insider VIP
    The same people who make excuses for sanchez do the same for rex.

Res didnt want tebow. Rex didnt want sparano etc etc.

Rex wanted all these guys. Rex is a clueless buffoon. Accept it. Fire his ass and move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    A bigger dunce than Rex, one cannot be.

Tony Sparano’s Dolphins went 3-2 against Rex Ryan’s Jets in the five meetings between the two coaches, but the one that made Ryan both dislike coaching against Sparano and want to coach alongside Sparano came on a Monday night in 2009, when the Dolphins won 31-27.

Ryan told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that after that particular game, he was furious because he felt that Sparano’s offense had out-smarted Ryan’s defense.

“I was pissed,” Ryan said. “I’m like, ‘I’m going to kick that dude’s ass next time.’“

After their postgame handshake, Ryan said of Sparano, “I don’t like this dude.” But while he didn’t like coaching against him, Ryan knows that the kind of coach he doesn’t like coaching against is exactly the kind of offensive coordinator he wants on his staff. So when Sparano was fired last season as the Dolphins’ head coach, Ryan knew he wanted to hire him.

“After he became available,” Ryan said, “I’m like, ‘Oh, hell, yeah . . . that’s my guy.’”

After the disappointment of the 2011 season, Ryan needs a guy who can turn his offense around. He believes from first-hand experience that Sparano is the man for the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-thats-my-guy/
    I am not sure why people think Rex had nothing to do with the Sparano hire, he said it was like "looking in the mirror" when talking about Sparano's offensive philosophy. The HC is responsible for his coordinators, but now people are saying Sparano was a Tanny hire?? Comical.

e tu Mort?

"Maybe" what the F does that mean coming from a reporter. Maybe they thought they could FLY...

Of course they knew the rules, they just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why people think Rex had nothing to do with the Sparano hire, he said it was like "looking in the mirror" when talking about Sparano's offensive philosophy. The HC is responsible for his coordinators, but now people are saying Sparano was a Tanny hire?? Comical.

Yup. Some folks just can't admit that Rex failed. They are quick to laude, but unwilling to attribute any failing to his stewardship.

All Pro
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told
    Bad news for us if he lands that job. Lovie is a good coach.

RT @MaioccoCSN Tom Gamble, 49ers director of player personnel, interviewed Tues for Jags GM job. Next interview is this weekend with Jets.