Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Tweets & News 1/3

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Ken Whisenhunt is latest to interview with #Browns, per sources. Yes, in Arizona, where owner Jimmy Haslam & CEO Joe Banner are camped out

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Andy Reid's nine-hour meeting with Chiefs 'went very well' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Ahmad Bradshaw uncertain of future with New York Giants http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan isn't alone in wanting to replace Tony Sparano. Plenty of players told me throughout season they didn't believe in his system #nyj

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Ken Whisenhunt is latest to interview with #Browns, per sources. Yes, in Arizona, where owner Jimmy Haslam & CEO Joe Banner are camped out

Andy Reid's nine-hour meeting with Chiefs 'went very well' http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Ahmad Bradshaw uncertain of future with New York Giants http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Rex Ryan isn't alone in wanting to replace Tony Sparano. Plenty of players told me throughout season they didn't believe in his system #nyj

Manish you are such a tool. If you had this earlier in the season you would have be spewing it long before now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan isn't alone in wanting to replace Tony Sparano. Players told me throughout season they didn't think he was capable play caller #nyj
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Andy Reid did not fly to Arizona last night as scheduled.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling among Jets offensive players was Tony Sparano lacked creativity + flexibility in play calling. No imagination. Not innovative. #nyj

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling among Jets offensive players was Tony Sparano lacked creativity + flexibility in play calling. No imagination. Not innovative. #nyj
    thanks for pointing out the obvious mehta

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish isn't a journalist. He's a creative writer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Manish isn't a journalist. He's a creative writer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Report: Ken Whisenhunt interviewed with Browns on Wednesday http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Bills may have some degree of interest in Jim Haslett http://wp.me/p14QSB-6RTj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny bc all we heard in TC was how much everyone loved his offense bc it was simple.

Then it was vanilla.

Then it just sucked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Funny bc all we heard in TC was how much everyone loved his offense bc it was simple.

Then it was vanilla.

Then it just sucked.
    Mehta is a trouble maker. That's what he does, that's his goal. May be true, may not be true - just looks to start trouble.

Question for Mehta, if the players were complaining to him about Sparano during the season why didn't he report it then?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mehta needs to be removed from the beat. The job of the beat reporter is to report football news that is relevant to the team he covers, not create news or gossip, which is clearly his agenda at this point.
    In all my years of watching and reading about this team (43), I have never come across a writer like him, and there has been plenty of Jet haters along the way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Mehta needs to be removed from the beat. The job of the beat reporter is to report football news that is relevant to the team he covers, not create news or gossip, which is clearly his agenda at this point.
    In all my years of watching and reading about this team (43), I have never come across a writer like him, and there has been plenty of Jet haters along the way.
    It appears he is trying to start infighting because he is being shut out from the JETS. You are correct, he should be removed from the beat as he is turning this into a vindictive "little biatch" thing.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't follow him on twitter nor to I read any of the sports pages on the daily news website because of this. In fact the only beat writer I follow is Connor Orr who tends to stay above the fray when it comes to creating stories vs. reporting them.

The funny thing is everyone loved Mehta when he was Cimini's backup at the daily news. Then Cimini left and Mehta was tasked with filling the douche bag position

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How bout people stop posting his twitter comments and we ignore the dbag?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would think this is obvious, but I guess not. If you think Mehta adds nothing of value and you want him off the Jets beat, stop reading his articles and following his tweets. Jesus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    How bout people stop posting his twitter comments and we ignore the dbag?
    JI boycott of girlish, lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please come back, Jenny Vrentas. All is forgiven. We miss you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that is exactly why he won't be removed. He is actually doing the job he was hired to do at the Daily News. The main problem is the tabloids that try to pass as news. They are not interested in the actual facts if half-truths make a better story. Is it a coincidence that Cimini was guilty of writing the same garbage and the person that replaces him is.....presto.....writing the same garbage?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Please come back, Jenny Vrentas. All is forgiven. We miss you.
    Source: Jets trade Mehta and a 2014 2nd round pick to the New York Giants for Jenny Vrentas.