Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Sanchez: Where It All Went Wrong

  1. #101
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's not really fair. You're comparing Tim to the greatest QB of all time.
    I compared Tebow to Montana/Elway/Brady? All are better than Peyton whose arm looked weak first 5 weeks of this season.

  2. #102
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    This idea that Sanchez was a bust for the Jets is lame. Did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch lead their teams to 4 playoff wins and deep playoff runs their first 2 seasons in the league? Don't give me the "Mark had the greatest ever team surrounding him" argument that is nonsense. Sanchez had good teams surrounding him in '09 and '10 not great in any way.

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I compared Tebow to Montana/Elway/Brady? All are better than Peyton whose arm looked weak first 5 weeks of this season.
    I'll give you Joe and John.......but Tom? ****ing kidding me? How dare you compare Uggs to the On-field General?

  4. #104
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    2011 Broncos w/Tebow - 8-8

    2012 Broncos w/Manning - 13-3


    Hmmm...

    Hmmm, the Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over, they ended the season at 8-8. That puts Tebow's record with them at 7-4.

    Manning's winning % ? 81.25
    Tebow's winning % 63.6%

    It's a 2 game difference. If you want, I'll break the math down for you.

    So, a first ballot Hall of Famer takes over a team, has some key new personnel added to the team, and they improve 2 games over what Tebow came off the bench and did the year before? IS that supposed to reflect negatively on Tebow or something ?

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    This idea that Sanchez was a bust for the Jets is lame. Did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch lead their teams to 4 playoff wins and deep playoff runs their first 2 seasons in the league? Don't give me the "Mark had the greatest ever team surrounding him" argument that is nonsense. Sanchez had good teams surrounding him in '09 and '10 not great in any way.
    Did Sanchez? Nope.

    lol @ you if you seriously think Sanchez was the one who lead us those seasons.

  6. #106
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always turn back to our AFC Championship games.
    They were a good accomplishment and they will for sure be a highlight of Mark Sanchez's life, but that doesn't mean he is a great quarterback, or that he'll become a great quarterback.

    He's regressed, continually and now dramatically.

    He played well those first years coming out of college. In fact, he didn't even play great. He played average with a few great moments.

    But it's over. He's taken ten steps backwards since then, It is what it is. The guy was in two AFC Championship games. He can tell his grandchildren about it. It's a great story and achievement for him.

    But it's never going to happen again.

    He's not a future Tom Brady. He's the buttfumble guy. You know, the buttfumble guy, played in two AFC Championship games way back when.

  7. #107
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Did Sanchez? Nope.

    lol @ you if you seriously think Sanchez was the one who lead us those seasons.
    Plus infinity ....


    Did he lose as many games for us back then ?... No ... But he in NO WAY lead this team either year it made the playoffs.

    He also was not allowed to operate as a normal QB ... The coaching staff rarely took the training wheels off ... And his stats still blew chunks.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.

  8. #108
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has 52 turnovers, including 26 this year (18 interceptions and eight fumbles). His tendency to turn the ball over, such as in the loss to the Titans that eliminated the Jets from postseason contention, has burned his team.
    "In my opinion, I underachieved and didn't play the way I'm capable of playing," Sanchez said Monday. "Unfortunately, that led to some losses and things like that
    I think he got quoted by Manish. Can't trust that source.

  9. #109
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    We always turn back to our AFC Championship games.
    They were a good accomplishment and they will for sure be a highlight of Mark Sanchez's life, but that doesn't mean he is a great quarterback, or that he'll become a great quarterback.

    He's regressed, continually and now dramatically.

    He played well those first years coming out of college. In fact, he didn't even play great. He played average with a few great moments.

    But it's over. He's taken ten steps backwards since then, It is what it is. The guy was in two AFC Championship games. He can tell his grandchildren about it. It's a great story and achievement for him.

    But it's never going to happen again.

    He's not a future Tom Brady. He's the buttfumble guy. You know, the buttfumble guy, played in two AFC Championship games way back when.
    Kind of like Trent Dilfer, QB of a Superbowl winner but is rightfully never in the conversation as a great QB. The D was more of a factor for that Raven's SB win than Dilfer. It's the exception to the rule to expect a team to "make up for" a QB's deficiencies in the playoffs.

  10. #110
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Bull**** SAR, Tom Brady wouldn't fail with this offense. He might not make it to the SB, but he'd do a hell of a lot better than Sanchez did with it.

    Speaking of Sanchez, I love the way you ignore the fact that HE WAS EXPECTED TO PROGRESS like every other QB in the NFL is expected to.

    How do you not get that ? Oh, but Marky Mark doesn't have a top 5 running game this year or last!! And his receivers aren't as good !!

    Welp, guess what >? Mark was supposed to have IMPROVED. That's what QBs are supposed to do over time. What that means is that he should get similar productivity out of lesser players. Why ? Because HE'S supposed to be better as a QB.

    Maybe you'll understand it from the defensive side ? You are a CB coming out of college. You are a rookie, so the team protects you by only putting you in on sub packages where you're a dime back. Even into your second year, this continues, but the team starts rolling you out as a regular cover corner now and then.

    In your third season, they ask you to step the **** up and be the #2 CB. Why ? Because you now have 2 freaking seasons under your belt, and it's expected that you would have improved. That you could stand on your own. That you don't need someone else out there holding you up by your jockstrap.
    He lost all his weapons.

    He can't be judged fairly.

    SAR I

  11. #111
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He lost all his weapons.

    He can't be judged fairly.

    SAR I
    SAR, I love ya, but the guy was the #5 pick in the entire draft. He is terrible, and getting worse. When are you ever going to hold him accountable for anything? You are starting to sound like the guy you despise, Rex. Is it too much to ask a guy in his 4th season as a starter to finally try to make his teammates BETTER, instead of the other way around? A QB is supposed to lead, not be a quitter and moper. This guy may be successful in his career, but it won't be here. He HAS to go.

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    SAR, I love ya, but the guy was the #5 pick in the entire draft. He is terrible, and getting worse. When are you ever going to hold him accountable for anything? You are starting to sound like the guy you despise, Rex. Is it too much to ask a guy in his 4th season as a starter to finally try to make his teammates BETTER, instead of the other way around? A QB is supposed to lead, not be a quitter and moper. This guy may be successful in his career, but it won't be here. He HAS to go.
    Hmm....is it possible that....noooo, can't be...

    ...could it?...SAR I.......I RAS......I'M REX ALRIGHT, SON?...

    Mother of God. No. No, no, no. It...it can't be true.


  13. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He lost all his weapons.

    He can't be judged fairly.

    SAR I

    Andrew Luck isn't surrounded by "quality weapons". He's turned his guys into weapons. His line sucks. They have a mediocre running game. They have few, if any, quality veterans, yet Luck put up numbers this year.

    We can go down the list of other QBs who also manage to put up numbers when not surrounded by weapons.

    Get it through your head. Mark is a mediocre QB at most. That's all he's ever been. He's never broken through and made the jump to being a good QB. His entire career has been spent in the bottom 10 or so of all QBs in the league in almost every relevant statistical category.

  14. #114
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'll give you Joe and John.......but Tom? ****ing kidding me? How dare you compare Uggs to the On-field General?
    I remember all of them and Tom Brady is better than Joe and John IMO.

    Joe always was on a super team and had Jerry Rice. John Elway had an arm similar to Jay Cutler but would throw a ton of interceptions and never had a touch pass. He would go through the first progression and then run like RGIII.
    Just sayin'

  15. #115
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is where it all went wrong:

    "With the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Mark Sanchez, QB from USC"

  16. #116
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He left college in junior year and received a ton of money. In retrospect, he should have sat a year. He shouldn't have been paid like an elite QB until he proved he was an elite QB. Tannenbaum/Rex 3 year extention of Sanchez was the wrong direction.

    Sanchez participated in football for 4 years at USC. His freshman year he redshirted BUT participated fully with the team and practiced on the scout team. This is no different than many college players.
    He had a year of eligibilty left.
    He could not win the starting job at USC for the two years he tried because he was not good enough. Obviously he red shirted as a freshman becasue he was not good enough.

    NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That's the line on Sanchez.

  17. #117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    SAR, I love ya, but the guy was the #5 pick in the entire draft. He is terrible, and getting worse. When are you ever going to hold him accountable for anything? You are starting to sound like the guy you despise, Rex. Is it too much to ask a guy in his 4th season as a starter to finally try to make his teammates BETTER, instead of the other way around? A QB is supposed to lead, not be a quitter and moper. This guy may be successful in his career, but it won't be here. He HAS to go.
    I don't get the "he sux because he was the number 5 pick". Where he was picked is on Tanny. If he was pick at the end of rd one or in the second would he be considered a decent pick?

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Sanchez participated in football for 4 years at USC. His freshman year he redshirted BUT participated fully with the team and practiced on the scout team. This is no different than many college players.
    He had a year of eligibilty left.
    He could not win the starting job at USC for the two years he tried because he was not good enough. Obviously he red shirted as a freshman becasue he was not good enough.

    NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That's the line on Sanchez.
    When did Brady win the starting job in college?? I'm anti Sanchez at this point but your really reaching here..

  19. #119
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He lost all his weapons.

    He can't be judged fairly.

    SAR I
    what utter nonsense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us