Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sanchez: Where It All Went Wrong

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    That's not really fair. You're comparing Tim to the greatest QB of all time.
    I compared Tebow to Montana/Elway/Brady? All are better than Peyton whose arm looked weak first 5 weeks of this season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This idea that Sanchez was a bust for the Jets is lame. Did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch lead their teams to 4 playoff wins and deep playoff runs their first 2 seasons in the league? Don't give me the "Mark had the greatest ever team surrounding him" argument that is nonsense. Sanchez had good teams surrounding him in '09 and '10 not great in any way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I compared Tebow to Montana/Elway/Brady? All are better than Peyton whose arm looked weak first 5 weeks of this season.
    I'll give you Joe and John.......but Tom? ****ing kidding me? How dare you compare Uggs to the On-field General?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Broncos w/Tebow - 8-8

2012 Broncos w/Manning - 13-3

Hmmm...

Hmmm, the Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over, they ended the season at 8-8. That puts Tebow's record with them at 7-4.

Manning's winning % ? 81.25
    Tebow's winning % 63.6%

It's a 2 game difference. If you want, I'll break the math down for you.

So, a first ballot Hall of Famer takes over a team, has some key new personnel added to the team, and they improve 2 games over what Tebow came off the bench and did the year before? IS that supposed to reflect negatively on Tebow or something ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This idea that Sanchez was a bust for the Jets is lame. Did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch lead their teams to 4 playoff wins and deep playoff runs their first 2 seasons in the league? Don't give me the "Mark had the greatest ever team surrounding him" argument that is nonsense. Sanchez had good teams surrounding him in '09 and '10 not great in any way.
    Did Sanchez? Nope.

lol @ you if you seriously think Sanchez was the one who lead us those seasons.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always turn back to our AFC Championship games.
    They were a good accomplishment and they will for sure be a highlight of Mark Sanchez's life, but that doesn't mean he is a great quarterback, or that he'll become a great quarterback.

He's regressed, continually and now dramatically.

He played well those first years coming out of college. In fact, he didn't even play great. He played average with a few great moments.

But it's over. He's taken ten steps backwards since then, It is what it is. The guy was in two AFC Championship games. He can tell his grandchildren about it. It's a great story and achievement for him.

But it's never going to happen again.

He's not a future Tom Brady. He's the buttfumble guy. You know, the buttfumble guy, played in two AFC Championship games way back when.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Sanchez? Nope.

lol @ you if you seriously think Sanchez was the one who lead us those seasons.
    Plus infinity ....

Did he lose as many games for us back then ?... No ... But he in NO WAY lead this team either year it made the playoffs.

He also was not allowed to operate as a normal QB ... The coaching staff rarely took the training wheels off ... And his stats still blew chunks.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has 52 turnovers, including 26 this year (18 interceptions and eight fumbles). His tendency to turn the ball over, such as in the loss to the Titans that eliminated the Jets from postseason contention, has burned his team.
    "In my opinion, I underachieved and didn't play the way I'm capable of playing," Sanchez said Monday. "Unfortunately, that led to some losses and things like that
    I think he got quoted by Manish. Can't trust that source.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    We always turn back to our AFC Championship games.
    They were a good accomplishment and they will for sure be a highlight of Mark Sanchez's life, but that doesn't mean he is a great quarterback, or that he'll become a great quarterback.

He's regressed, continually and now dramatically.

He played well those first years coming out of college. In fact, he didn't even play great. He played average with a few great moments.

But it's over. He's taken ten steps backwards since then, It is what it is. The guy was in two AFC Championship games. He can tell his grandchildren about it. It's a great story and achievement for him.

But it's never going to happen again.

He's not a future Tom Brady. He's the buttfumble guy. You know, the buttfumble guy, played in two AFC Championship games way back when.
    Kind of like Trent Dilfer, QB of a Superbowl winner but is rightfully never in the conversation as a great QB. The D was more of a factor for that Raven's SB win than Dilfer. It's the exception to the rule to expect a team to "make up for" a QB's deficiencies in the playoffs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Bull**** SAR, Tom Brady wouldn't fail with this offense. He might not make it to the SB, but he'd do a hell of a lot better than Sanchez did with it.

Speaking of Sanchez, I love the way you ignore the fact that HE WAS EXPECTED TO PROGRESS like every other QB in the NFL is expected to.

How do you not get that ? Oh, but Marky Mark doesn't have a top 5 running game this year or last!! And his receivers aren't as good !!

Welp, guess what >? Mark was supposed to have IMPROVED. That's what QBs are supposed to do over time. What that means is that he should get similar productivity out of lesser players. Why ? Because HE'S supposed to be better as a QB.

Maybe you'll understand it from the defensive side ? You are a CB coming out of college. You are a rookie, so the team protects you by only putting you in on sub packages where you're a dime back. Even into your second year, this continues, but the team starts rolling you out as a regular cover corner now and then.

In your third season, they ask you to step the **** up and be the #2 CB. Why ? Because you now have 2 freaking seasons under your belt, and it's expected that you would have improved. That you could stand on your own. That you don't need someone else out there holding you up by your jockstrap.
    He lost all his weapons.

He can't be judged fairly.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He lost all his weapons.

SAR I
    SAR, I love ya, but the guy was the #5 pick in the entire draft. He is terrible, and getting worse. When are you ever going to hold him accountable for anything? You are starting to sound like the guy you despise, Rex. Is it too much to ask a guy in his 4th season as a starter to finally try to make his teammates BETTER, instead of the other way around? A QB is supposed to lead, not be a quitter and moper. This guy may be successful in his career, but it won't be here. He HAS to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    SAR, I love ya, but the guy was the #5 pick in the entire draft. He is terrible, and getting worse. When are you ever going to hold him accountable for anything? You are starting to sound like the guy you despise, Rex. Is it too much to ask a guy in his 4th season as a starter to finally try to make his teammates BETTER, instead of the other way around? A QB is supposed to lead, not be a quitter and moper. This guy may be successful in his career, but it won't be here. He HAS to go.
    Hmm....is it possible that....noooo, can't be...

...could it?...SAR I.......I RAS......I'M REX ALRIGHT, SON?...

Mother of God. No. No, no, no. It...it can't be true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He lost all his weapons.

SAR I

Andrew Luck isn't surrounded by "quality weapons". He's turned his guys into weapons. His line sucks. They have a mediocre running game. They have few, if any, quality veterans, yet Luck put up numbers this year.

We can go down the list of other QBs who also manage to put up numbers when not surrounded by weapons.

Get it through your head. Mark is a mediocre QB at most. That's all he's ever been. He's never broken through and made the jump to being a good QB. His entire career has been spent in the bottom 10 or so of all QBs in the league in almost every relevant statistical category.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give you Joe and John.......but Tom? ****ing kidding me? How dare you compare Uggs to the On-field General?
    I remember all of them and Tom Brady is better than Joe and John IMO.

Joe always was on a super team and had Jerry Rice. John Elway had an arm similar to Jay Cutler but would throw a ton of interceptions and never had a touch pass. He would go through the first progression and then run like RGIII.
    Just sayin'

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is where it all went wrong:

"With the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Mark Sanchez, QB from USC"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He left college in junior year and received a ton of money. In retrospect, he should have sat a year. He shouldn't have been paid like an elite QB until he proved he was an elite QB. Tannenbaum/Rex 3 year extention of Sanchez was the wrong direction.

Sanchez participated in football for 4 years at USC. His freshman year he redshirted BUT participated fully with the team and practiced on the scout team. This is no different than many college players.
    He had a year of eligibilty left.
    He could not win the starting job at USC for the two years he tried because he was not good enough. Obviously he red shirted as a freshman becasue he was not good enough.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That's the line on Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I don't get the "he sux because he was the number 5 pick". Where he was picked is on Tanny. If he was pick at the end of rd one or in the second would he be considered a decent pick?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Sanchez participated in football for 4 years at USC. His freshman year he redshirted BUT participated fully with the team and practiced on the scout team. This is no different than many college players.
    He had a year of eligibilty left.
    He could not win the starting job at USC for the two years he tried because he was not good enough. Obviously he red shirted as a freshman becasue he was not good enough.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That's the line on Sanchez.
    When did Brady win the starting job in college?? I'm anti Sanchez at this point but your really reaching here..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He lost all his weapons.

SAR I
    what utter nonsense.