Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Al Jazeera Buys Current TV....

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Al Jazeera Buys Current TV....

    by BEN SHAPIRO 2 Jan 2013 35 POST A COMMENT
    Al Gore may not have to worry about global warming destroying the earth after all. As it turns out, his massive hypocrisy may destroy the universe before global warming can fully kick in.
    Gore, an ardent proponent of raising taxes, just sold Current TV, his highly unsuccessful TV network that lost hundreds of millions of dollars, to Al Jazeera – a fitting end for a network that features terrorist-friendly programming. Gore was in a rush to finish the deal, which netted him $100 million as owner of 20 percent of Current TV.
    Why the rush? Because Gore and his partners wanted to avoid the higher tax rates that kicked in on January 1, 2013. That puts Gore in a category with Warren Buffett as a tax increase advocate who does his best to avoid taxes. Democrats love to raise taxes on everyone else. But when it comes time to ante up, they’re all too happy to skip the taxes rather than paying “their fair share.”
    Al(fraud)Gore...yet another hypocritical limousine liberal... Do as I say, not as I do.

    He's never seen a tax increase he didn't love, yet rams this sale through to avoid taking a tax hit himself....

    The global warming fraud sells his sh*tty network to an organization funded by Qatar who gets it's wealth from oil(fossil) fuel.

    You can't make this sh*t up....

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should know that all rights in the United States to broadcast Italy's Serie A, Spain's La Liga, and France's Ligue 1 were bought by Al-Jazeera. Now, to watch any of those soccer leagues, you must subscribe to Al-Jazeera's beIn Sport.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reports are that Gore refused to sell his network to Glenn Beck because Beck was "unsuitable". But Moslem nut jobs are just fine.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You should know that all rights in the United States to broadcast Italy's Serie A, Spain's La Liga, and France's Ligue 1 were bought by Al-Jazeera. Now, to watch any of those soccer leagues, you must subscribe to Al-Jazeera's beIn Sport.
    Communist sport anyway, so no big loss.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Communist sport anyway, so no big loss.


    Da, comrade.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post


    Da, comrade.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Current Tv being sold to Al Jazeera = Scandolous


    US Port Security being outsourced to the United Arab Emirates by the Bush Administration = non-story




    Got it.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Current Tv being sold to Al Jazeera = Scandolous


    US Port Security being outsourced to the United Arab Emirates by the Bush Administration = non-story




    Got it.

    Look on the bright side. Now that Al Jazeera has purchased it, it will be less anti Semitic....

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Current Tv being sold to Al Jazeera = Scandolous


    US Port Security being outsourced to the United Arab Emirates by the Bush Administration = non-story




    Got it.
    While these are not comparable situations I don't see anyone other than Doggin on this site that was good with that decision either.



    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=port+security

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    While these are not comparable situations I don't see anyone other than Doggin on this site that was good with that decision either.



    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=port+security
    Ofcourse they are not comparable situations. US port security is waaaayyyy less important than a fledgling cable network nobody watches. I think paid programming on SNY gets more viewers than Current.


    Gore made $100 million off the deal. Hey, for once an American politician without the last name Bush pocketed lots of Arab oil money.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Gore made $100 million off the deal.
    $100 Million he will not be paying his fair share on, according to Democratic and Obama Administration positions.

    Gore is one of our wealthiest Americans, a 1% of the 1%'er. Surely he could have afforded to pay just a little more in taxes, by choosing to wait a few days and complete the sale is 2013, couldn't he?

    That would have been the patriotic thing to do, wouldn't it?

    One wonders how many times Gore flew his private Jet to Qatar to work out this deal...

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    $100 Million he will not be paying his fair share on, according to Democratic and Obama Administration positions.

    Gore is one of our wealthiest Americans, a 1% of the 1%'er. Surely he could have afforded to pay just a little more in taxes, by choosing to wait a few days and complete the sale is 2013, couldn't he?

    That would have been the patriotic thing to do, wouldn't it?

    One wonders how many times Gore flew his private Jet to Qatar to work out this deal...
    Yep, and Gore will put most of that money into savings accounts and spend/invest a small percentage of it. Probably 60-80% of that 100 million will sit in a savings account in the Caymans or Switzerland doing nothing laying inactive for the next several decades while people starve to death and retail transactions suffer.


    Reaganomics 101.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    142
    You guys missed the most ironic point in this whole deal: Al Jazeera was founded with Qatar oil money. Al Gore sold his TV network for, basically, petro dollars.

    Al Gore makes P.T. Barnum look like a total piker.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us